Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C36 Manual conversion

Originally posted by RacerXofFL
    The 300e trans had blown the 3.27 diff to pices.
    Racer, just thought I'd mention, I used the diff out of the '95 E320 in my '88 300E. It is a much stouter piece- a good one inch wider than what I pulled out.....had to use the shorter 1/2 shafts with it. Not really sure what ratios were available or if it would be a straight swap into 202. I know as you said 201 to/from 124 seems to work out.
    Also, my car is gutted and lightened like Blind's ( & maybe yours?) so a lot of the shock load from trying to get a heavy car moving is gone.

Yeah, I would say the added weight of the w202 is not worth the hassle, sell it in autotrader and get another w201 shell, Blind got his for 500$ with heated seats and leather interior :P (no not mbtex)

The 16v LSD is a w124 part number, I know people running 400+ hp in them. Other then the rear closing cover (4 bolt to 2 bolt) its a direct swap.

Blind and I will both be going standalone soon. Mabby we should all meet up at fast-finn's show (1jz w201 in lauderdale)

Don

Originally posted by RacerXofFL

Blind and I will both be going standalone soon. Mabby we should all meet up at fast-finn's show (1jz w201 in lauderdale)

Don
    That's a long way from SoCal! but I'll be watching for what you come up with on stand-alone & turbo parts. Thanks again for the info.

Originally posted by 300EVO
    Funny, my 300E 5-speed is from Miami.
    Ah, shoulda read...

Update

Forgotten about using other manu gearboxes, trying to source out C280 components, people are hopeless are getting back to me with pricing and availibility though.....
    1995 C36 ///AMG

I have a 300E with a 5 speed, the car got hit and i stole all the interior for an interior swap in my old 300.
    The engine head and alot of stuff is gone, but everything for a swap is there. Hit me up if you are interested. Im in Bellevue, and the car is in Moses Lake (eastern washington).
    No idea what its worth, but i do know how rare these cars are

Also we have a 190E 2.3-16v that is about ready for sale.

Blind just got his trans, shifter, linkages, pedals, flywheel, pressureplate, clutch disc, and other tidbits for 1000$ shipped. Damn fine deal considering I paid 1200$ for trans and flywheel bits...

I got a whole running 300E 5-speed for $1500 (not the best car but not too bad) but then it cost me $900 to haul it out from Miami to San Diego!

anyone know what driveshaft one can buy for this swap? 1995 c36 with 1999 slk230 5 spd. Seems to be really hard exact info to find.