Thread: AMG dooe sills!

AMG door sills!

ok after having them sit in my back seat for almost a month...i finally got around to installing them on my car. i like these better than the full stainless steel ones that people buy. these have stainless steel plates but rubber around the sides and blue lighting! that mean you have to cut the OEM front door sill in half to install correctly but it wasn't too much of a task! personally i would have liked them to say "mercedes benz" or "202" instead because i have a C280 but i got them from a friend at work. they look sick however when they light up at night - really, really bright!

Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

Love em too! I have the INOX type, I accidentaly found them from a guy in benzworld and bought them, Im happy with the result too. Feel fre to check the pic I have of them in my Greek merC thread if you want. Yours look fantastic too, in addition to the AMG pedals. Nice!
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

wow jason,
    nice new addition, buddy. any plan on painting the rubber moldings?
    somehow i was under the impression that you won't be getting these anytime soon. but now u've already got this on. cool.

In Charge

Re: AMG door sills!

Originally posted by 1995c280
    In this picture, what is the part number for that plastic piece which is part of the door sill and the seat? Do they have a similar piece on the drivers side?

I've never seen those before.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Re: Re: AMG door sills!

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    In this picture, what is the part number for that plastic piece which is part of the door sill and the seat? Do they have a similar piece on the drivers side?

I've never seen those before.

this is the rear seats den not the front.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

i have the exact same ones, i wanted mercedes benz, but like an idiot i bought the AMG....they look good man...
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

In Charge

Re: Re: Re: AMG door sills!

Originally posted by jnolte
    this is the rear seats den not the front.
    Damn, busted. LOL
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

thanks for all the reply's guys. i like the sills so much better. the best thing is when opening your door at night and watching everyone stare at them cuz they are that freakin bright. see the look on there faces, LOL!

i haven't even thought about painting the side moldings (rocker panels) yet. christmas is coming and time to start buying presents so i really shouldn't have even bought these sills but oh well...good investment. maybe next year i'll just save up for the C36 side skirts. i get them for roughly $250 each side from my work brand new!

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

rollinrealbig
    WOW I just ordered the "Mercedes-Benz" ones, anyone wanna trade for their ///AMG ones ??? PM me we can deal! id rather have the ///AMG ones to match my shift knob!

EDIT: I could never find the ///AMG ones

could never find the AMG ones?!?!?!? They are simple to find.

http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_resu...or+Sill+Covers

Just have to tell them you want AMG. I just got mine, [I got Mercedes Benz] and if you have the full stainless cap on the plastic, it's a bitch to get it off. I haven't installed them yet, I just finally got the old unlit stainless off and the new lighted ones on the plastic sill.

Now I get to wire them up tomorrow.

And believe me, I'll have pics when I'm done.

rollinrealbig
    naw you guys are silly, I saved all that cash and snatched used ones off ebay for $27 shipped. yep just waiting on them to come in the mail

I couldn't find them on eBay anymore. And I looked and looked for proabably 2 months. Maybe somehow I just kept overlooking them.

rollinrealbig
    no I offered the guy a $10 plus $17 shipping he agreed to end the auction for me. it was only up for a few hours. LoL