Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine swaps

As much as I would like to do the E55 swap. It would be MORE expensive than an american V8 swap. Plus I still have the problem/cost with getting parts for it.
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

You know, I realize that this thread is kinda old, but I'd like to comment further as I have thought about stuffing a v8 into a 202. First off, I'm not sure who recommended it, but the rotory is a bad decision. Not to sound like a broken record, but an LS1 would be perfect...compared to a 13B twin turbo rotary, the LS1 weighs about the same, maybe a few pounds more (something like 50 lbs more because it's all aluminum) gets way better fuel economy (28 mpg Highway) and makes a lot more power in stock form. Plus, ever hear of an Apex Seal? Yeah, with motors that use cylinders, this is not never a problem. A V8 would be perfect. To the guy who recommended the e55 engine, you're on the right track. An e55 engine is very pricey plus might be a lot togher to sourse than a power plant from a cobra or corvette. Now what about an M119? Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this engine come from an S500 of similar age of the 202? They use the same engine and fuel management as the 202 right? (seriously I don't know) This could have potential. Wouldn't it be easier to stuff one of these in a 202 rather than american iron?