Thread: exhaust gasket / turbo manifold

exhaust gasket / turbo manifold

Does our car feature a rectangular gasket for the manifold, every time I search the forementioned keywords I keep finding these little round things.. I'm trying to find it as the begening step of getting a turbo manifold fabricated for tracing onto metal plate..
    yep I'm long past wanting a fake BOV and going to take the plunge or atleast try.. haha anyway.. any one got a part number?

I plan to build and research the turbo kit, till its built up, keeping the eaton .. turbokomp style, (it will live in the basement at work) and then when its all worked out.. Ill get the manifold implanted and down pipe plumped in.. and I'll drop the turbo setup in myself (hopefully).. but knowing nothing more then turbos 101 Im sure the guys that have done it will have tons of advise and its going to be a rocky road..

maybe Ill look for a 190E as new daily driver in the near future to achieve this..

I hope there is no serious problems lurking that have been over looked.. apart from the obvious engine tollerence issues.
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

it sounds a little better to keep your new c230 as a Daily Driver and get an 190e for a project car. 190e weights like 2800lbs!

Originally posted by Mercedes DIY
    it sounds a little better to keep your new c230 as a Daily Driver and get an 190e for a project car. 190e weights like 2800lbs!
    Finding a 190E for the right money in the right condition would be sort of wishfull thinking, in practice... but if was lucky enough to find one I would have to take it on as a project too and add to my MB car fam, no doubt.. it makes no sense to maintain the car with oem via MB or anywhere else.. so no mater how you look it, Turboing aside, both of the cars are going to be uprated.. unless it was a right 'scwina hunt' of a car.

I think the route of making my car a new EM and down pipe is wise anyway, when you reach the stage of do i put the collector and turbo on this bitchen or not is the point when I'm forced to decide how far I go ... and wether I will need another daily driver...

quickfit say they cant get parts for the c230 for some reason.. its a main dealer only job.. no cheapo exhausts for us eh.. which just had me thinking "lame".. but then who needs them.. it would probably fall off after a few days and sound like poop.. and they couldnt/wouldnt do the EM anyhow.

when the EM is constructed/tig welded I'll call on my local chroming companys services, there prices are impresive. that would make it so worth while.. the EM building information I read the guy used some cermic coating that looked kind of chrome.. would you guys stray from the instruction .. surley real chrome would be better ?

http://www.sdsefi.com/techheader.htm

For your exhaust flange use the OEM 2-ply metal gasket as a trace...either the one you have now or purchase one from any MB parts store.

If you go through with this finish coatings should be the last thing on your mind right now

If you need help with the system later feel free to ask...i may be able to help with some things.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by 23K
    For your exhaust flange use the OEM 2-ply metal gasket as a trace...either the one you have now or purchase one from any MB parts store.

If you go through with this finish coatings should be the last thing on your mind right now

If you need help with the system later feel free to ask...i may be able to help with some things.
    tnx :

I know I just cant wait to chrome plate something hehe..
    but looking for a good car manual.. is also on my mind..

I would of picked up a haynes today to start me off on a better foot but the pesky halfords only had it for Non Kompressor model..

i would be wrapping it insted of chroming it. less show, more go..