Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to close windows and sunroof with IR remote?

Originally posted by grga
    Well, I'd like to do that but dunno how...
    I have smth like duble click when I open front windows. Uderstand? When I push it harder, it's one touch openning.
    well if u want to give it a try its a pretty simple process just put the window up using the "first click" and hold it for 3 seconds(pretty sure it was 3 seconds i did this a while ago, i just remember it wasnt a ridiculous amount of time) remember u have to put it up and hold it at the "first click" position, and it should be programmed to auto up w/the "second click" same thing for going down.

Originally posted by crazy00c230k
    well if u want to give it a try its a pretty simple process just put the window up using the "first click" and hold it for 3 seconds(pretty sure it was 3 seconds i did this a while ago, i just remember it wasnt a ridiculous amount of time) remember u have to put it up and hold it at the "first click" position, and it should be programmed to auto up w/the "second click" same thing for going down.
    For "window up" function I have one, single click option only. Just for "Window down" function I have two clicks, when I push button more harder it just goes down till the end.
    Very usefull when you have to open your window and hold your hands on the wheel at the same time.

Nope, just have tried and nothing changed... Window stops when going up and I release the button.

ic, i guess pre-model update cars dont have auto up, my bad i thought every year had auto up and down

my car can close/ open windows with the key. You gotta hold the lock for like 10secs and press it again to unlock quickly and it will open the windows.. no sun roof. if you hold the lock it will close all windows.. Whats the trick to the TRUNK opener? I tried other ways but only pressing the button quickly like 5x will open the trunk...
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    my car can close/ open windows with the key. You gotta hold the lock for like 10secs and press it again to unlock quickly and it will open the windows.. no sun roof. if you hold the lock it will close all windows.. Whats the trick to the TRUNK opener? I tried other ways but only pressing the button quickly like 5x will open the trunk...
    My should do that too, at least I think it should, because I got extra user manual for that kind of locking and unlocking feature, besides OEM user manual, I'll take photo of that later in the afternoon. However, my trunk can't be open in any way besides manual because I don't have that feature in my car.

Well, the other thing is that, when I point my remote to the door handle, I loose my signal to rear view mirror and red light stops flashing, actually I can lock and unlock my car when I point my key to mirror, no other way. And IR receiver for "key closing windows" should be in driver's door handle, shouldn't it?

Whats the trick to the TRUNK opener? I tried other ways but only pressing the button quickly like 5x will open the trunk...
    For the trunk, you have to press the keyfob twice, but the trick is how fast you press it.

First press the keyfob once towards the trunk sensor to see the green confirmation. ONCE you see the green confirmation, press and hold the keyfob again. You know you got it when the IR sensor flases a second time but stays on slightly delayed. The trunk should open after that.

For my trunk, I changed the spring location to the furthest away hole so the trunk will spring up. Otherwise it may not.

btw- this works with ALL the sensors...at least for 1997.

Originally posted by grga

Well, the other thing is that, when I point my remote to the door handle, I loose my signal to rear view mirror and red light stops flashing, actually I can lock and unlock my car when I point my key to mirror, no other way. And IR receiver for "key closing windows" should be in driver's door handle, shouldn't it?
    The problem you are having sounds like a bad door IR sensor. You should be able to lock and unlock your car from it, and if it's bad it could explain why you can't do the window/sunroof close operation. Yes, you point towards the driver's door IR sensor for the window/sunroof operation. Have you tried the trunk IR sensor too? It should work there as well. If it does, then it confirms something is up with the door. If it DOESN'T work it sounds like your car doesn't have this feature programmed.

Originally posted by kameraguy
    The problem you are having sounds like a bad door IR sensor. You should be able to lock and unlock your car from it, and if it's bad it could explain why you can't do the window/sunroof close operation. Yes, you point towards the driver's door IR sensor for the window/sunroof operation. Have you tried the trunk IR sensor too? It should work there as well. If it does, then it confirms something is up with the door. If it DOESN'T work it sounds like your car doesn't have this feature programmed.
    Hm, maybe it's funny but I really don't know where is trunk sensor in my car. If you mean on electric power trunk, me don't have it. When I move my key close to door sensor and point into it, I can't lock or unlock ma car. I can do it only when I point key to rear view mirror inside.

If you have an IR trunk sensor, you will know it. It looks like your door sensor, but right next to the mechanical trunk lock. Sorry, I do not know if 1996 had them.

Originally posted by kameraguy
    If you have an IR trunk sensor, you will know it. It looks like your door sensor, but right next to the mechanical trunk lock. Sorry, I do not know if 1996 had them.
    Nope, I don't have it, for sure. Just a sec, I'll go to my car and take a photo of that user manual...

I forgot to mention... those features, opening/closing windows, will only work with the driver side door!
    1997 C280 Sport

I forgot to mention... those features, opening/closing windows, will only work with the driver side door!
    Of course, passenger side doesn't even have IR receiver...

Well you mentioned the rear view mirror..... But the trunk opener is the one on the trunk
    1997 C280 Sport

Hmmmm, ok I reconnected my trunk sensor and confirmed I was able to close my windows and sunroof with the trunk sensor too. I have a 97 C36 for reference.

So, here are some pics...

jayvee
    i was searching for tips on how to change the batteries on my smart key and stumbled upon this thread.... tried it and it worked! didn't know my car did that! super...