Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMG ECU Tuning by SpeedInnovation

AMG ECU Tuning by SpeedInnovation

K1 Motorsport presents ECU tuning for W202 AMG engines powered by SpeedInnovation.

1998-1999 C43 AMG
    93 RON: 27hp, 24lb-ft gains
    91 RON: 21hp, 18lb-ft gains

1997 C36 AMG
    93 RON: 24hp, 25lb-ft gains
    91 RON: 19hp, 19lb-ft gains

1995-1996 C36 AMG
    93 RON: 24hp, 25lb-ft gains
    91 RON: 18hp, 19lb-ft gains

Regular Price: $599.99
    Club202 Price: $549.99. Over $200 less than PowerChip!
    FREE shipping to continental US if applicable.

* 8.25% sales tax applies to CA resident
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

97' C230 ??

Do you have numbers based on 91 PON? Also, is there any kind of performance guarantee? Would you happen to have any dynos available?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    Do you have numbers based on 91 PON? Also, is there any kind of performance guarantee? Would you happen to have any dynos available?
    Yes! I'd be happy to be the dyno car for your product. Already have a recent baseline.

27 hp is a huge gain, im skeptikal until i see dyno or a guarantee!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    97' C230 ??
    99' C230K?? not that I could energize my car over to america
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

In Charge
    Ditto.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    97' C230 ??
    97 C230
    91 RON: 13hp, 16lb-ft gains
    Price: $299.99
    K1 Motorsport

Yes, revised the initial post with 91/93 PON. We offer 7-day money back guarantee.
    K1 Motorsport

Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
    91 RON: 13hp, 16lb-ft gains
    Price: $349.99
    is this a plug and play unit? or do we have to send our ECU to you to be reprogrammed?

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    is this a plug and play unit? or do we have to send our ECU to you to be reprogrammed?
    You need to send ECU to us to get programmed.
    K1 Motorsport

You need to send ECU to us to get programmed.
    what is the turn around time?

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    what is the turn around time?
    If you are local from Los Angeles area, it will be done on the same day. If you are shipping the ECU to us, it is normally sent back to you on the next business day.
    K1 Motorsport

i speculate these types of gains would need to be tuned on a dyno. are you guys using a generic ECU program from a tuned car to yield "expected results", or do you actually read the stored fuel map, and tuned based per ECU.

if it's the later route, this is a pretty good deal for custom tuning, because it wouldn't be limited to stock hardware (exhaust, cams, intake etc), however it stil lwouldn't produce the optimum results as being tuned on a dyno.

In Charge
    Looking at the SpeedInnovations site, looks like cookie cutter ecu tuning.

I do not think you can get true dyno ecu optimization for ~$500.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

What Kind Of Effects On Gas Mileage Would Be Expected?

Can You Tune Say, A 98 C280? What Kind Of Gains Would Be Noticeable There?
    1998 c280 (WHITE)
    Kenwood Excelon KDC- X579 Head
    KAC iP500 Ipod Interface
    2 Kenwood KCF-w3012 1500Watt 12\" Subs
    Sony GTR2002 1200 Watt Amp
    More Mods To Come

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    Looking at the SpeedInnovations site, looks like cookie cutter ecu tuning.

I do not think you can get true dyno ecu optimization for ~$500.
    This is complete custom tuning. It is most expected and helpful if a customer sends a true dyno along with the ECU. Otherwise, we'll go by what we see inside the ECU because we don't cookie cut.
    K1 Motorsport

Originally posted by Fizzle
    What Kind Of Effects On Gas Mileage Would Be Expected?

Can You Tune Say, A 98 C280? What Kind Of Gains Would Be Noticeable There?
    98 C280
    91 RON: 15hp, 13lb-ft gains
    Price: $299.99

Yes, you will notice the gains.
    K1 Motorsport

In Charge
    This is complete custom tuning. It is most expected and helpful if a customer sends a true dyno along with the ECU. Otherwise, we'll go by what we see inside the ECU because we don't cookie cut.
    I've read that custom tuning is performed on the dyno, to give real-time data analysis. You can monitor everything: air fuel ratio, load bearing, etc etc. This method gives full spectrum of scenarios and allows the programmer to account for changes.

I cannot see how you can do custom tuning without the dyno, and as you said for this product it is not necessary. That in itself confuses me.

Im not knocking the product at all, but want to make sure everyone is fully informed of what is being presented.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

OG Moderator
    I'm always skeptical about simple ECU 'remapping'. The engine can and will only run at the fuel/air ratio dictated by the O2 sensor. Any attempt to vary this by telling the ECU to interpret the signal differently or compensate somehow will result in 1) raw, unburned fuel entering the catalyst and trashing it or 2) lean burn, resulting in trashed pistons. You cannot and should not vary this optimum ratio. Race vehicles with no catalyst are a different matter.

Normally, all a reworked ECU (no dyno optimization) will consist of is more aggressive timing map throughout the RPM range. This is guaranteed to cause problems in hot weather as AMG is already pushing the timing under a lot of circumstances to the point where the knock sensors must pull it back. Reliance on the knock sensors ALL the time will cause knocking in hotter conditions that can't be gotten rid of (the C36 already does this by the way) as the sensors can only compensate just so much.

If you run more aggressive timing in very cold ambient temperatures, you might see a slight gain, but to guarantee overall gains under all conditions is not realistic, and to guarantee it with no dyno optimization on a particular vehicle is equally unrealistic.
    \'05 C230k (the wife\'s car)
    \'09 smart (fun as heck)
    sold all my 202s

We can do the same thing during a road tune. Which is why any included dyno benefits you even more. Might as well go with Powerchip and question how they tune your car also. It's to the consumer's advantage to bring a printout of a dyno and mail it with the ECU. If not, we essentially "touch up what's missing" and tune with whatever we have to work with, including what we actually see coming from your ECU.
    K1 Motorsport

how much for 97 c280, its the m104 engine, can you do ron 93 for it?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    how much for 97 c280, its the m104 engine, can you do ron 93 for it?
    It should be similar to 1998 C280 posted earlier if not the same.
    K1 Motorsport

We all know claims on software are BS, thats just the way the industry works. 10-12 wheel HP is about the max you can get on any AMG engine with software (unless its supercharged of course). AMG already has tuned these cars so well on the software side theres really nothing more to be had with software alone.

Just the truth, my 2 cents

I'm sorry I can't answer all of your questions since I do not know the details of ECU programming. That is done by SpeedInnovation, NOT US. I'm just offering a reputable ECU tuning company other than PowerChip. This thread is meant to let members know what's out there at a competitive rate and yet retain same results.

If you want to get all technical and discourage this thread, please contact ECU tuning company directly and they'll be happy to answer all the questions you may have.

Originally posted by benzfan
    I'm always skeptical about simple ECU 'remapping'. The engine can and will only run at the fuel/air ratio dictated by the O2 sensor. Any attempt to vary this by telling the ECU to interpret the signal differently or compensate somehow will result in 1) raw, unburned fuel entering the catalyst and trashing it or 2) lean burn, resulting in trashed pistons. You cannot and should not vary this optimum ratio. Race vehicles with no catalyst are a different matter.

Normally, all a reworked ECU (no dyno optimization) will consist of is more aggressive timing map throughout the RPM range. This is guaranteed to cause problems in hot weather as AMG is already pushing the timing under a lot of circumstances to the point where the knock sensors must pull it back. Reliance on the knock sensors ALL the time will cause knocking in hotter conditions that can't be gotten rid of (the C36 already does this by the way) as the sensors can only compensate just so much.

If you run more aggressive timing in very cold ambient temperatures, you might see a slight gain, but to guarantee overall gains under all conditions is not realistic, and to guarantee it with no dyno optimization on a particular vehicle is equally unrealistic.
    K1 Motorsport