Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 180

Thread: AMG ECU Tuning by SpeedInnovation

  1. #26
    [i]Would you happen to have any dynos available? [/B]
    Not for W202, but W203's dynos will be available shortly. Thanks.
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

  2. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,213
    I am going to stick up for K1 here and say don't bash him...my brother (The LO C) had speed tuning remap his ECU and his gains were NOTICEABLE...that being said, I would have no doubt that the gains, no matter what car is being remapped, are noticeable. I have felt the difference for myself.

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,213
    Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
    98 C280
    91 RON: 15hp, 13lb-ft gains
    Price: $299.99

    Yes, you will notice the gains.
    may I ask why the C280 is $50 cheaper than the C230 of the same model year?

  4. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    322
    Agree with OCKlasse, Chiptuning NZ make a very noticable difference in my C36
    1995 C36 ///AMG

  5. #30
    Originally posted by OCKlasse
    may I ask why the C280 is $50 cheaper than the C230 of the same model year?
    They are actually 2 different years.
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

  6. #31
    In Charge
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Left Lane
    Posts
    4,529
    Originally posted by OCKlasse
    I am going to stick up for K1 here and say don't bash him...my brother (The LO C) had speed tuning remap his ECU and his gains were NOTICEABLE...that being said, I would have no doubt that the gains, no matter what car is being remapped, are noticeable. I have felt the difference for myself.
    Well noone is bashing K1, I think its important inform Members of what is being offered.

    I've had my AMG for 4 plus years already and have intensively done research on chip tuning. It is well known that getting 25+hp gains is unrealistic for any NA unmodified car. If you believe otherwise, we are just wasting each others time.

    In this item being offered, it is hard for me to accept that this chip is full custom especially if a dyno is not being run at the time of tuning. The term cookie cutter is not a bad thing, it's just a mapping made for all types of a particular car. Full custom is for your car only. Taking a full custom chip from my car and putting it in jnolte's car will yield different gains. Whereas a cookie cutter chip is more suited to be used for both our C43s.

    Lastly, I dont care what anyone says about their noticeable difference. Without before and after dynos your gains are all talk.

    My stance is to inform others on the board. You can say 25/35/45+hp gains, but the reality is you probably will get a net of 10 or so.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

  7. #32
    Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
    It should be similar to 1998 C280 posted earlier if not the same.
    * * * *

    How about for my 99 C280? How much? Estimated gains?

  8. #33
    I understand everyone has different expectations and thought when it comes to ECU tuning. I'd like to provide better answers, but all I can really do is provide number of gains and prices that are provided to me.

    Before & after dynos will be available before the end of the month. Although there are no W202s that will be tuned, the end results will speak thousand words. Unless you have different opinions about dyno itself!
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

  9. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,213
    Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
    97 C230
    91 RON: 13hp, 16lb-ft gains
    Price: $349.99
    Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
    98 C280
    91 RON: 15hp, 13lb-ft gains
    Price: $299.99

    The 97-98 C230 is the naturally aspirated 4 cylinder motor (supercharger came in '99). The motor did not change between 97 and 98. I am asking why the V6 model of the same year (1998 in this case) is $50 less than the 4 cylinder.

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,213
    Originally posted by Denlasoul
    Well noone is bashing K1, I think its important inform Members of what is being offered.

    I've had my AMG for 4 plus years already and have intensively done research on chip tuning. It is well known that getting 25+hp gains is unrealistic for any NA unmodified car. If you believe otherwise, we are just wasting each others time.

    In this item being offered, it is hard for me to accept that this chip is full custom especially if a dyno is not being run at the time of tuning. The term cookie cutter is not a bad thing, it's just a mapping made for all types of a particular car. Full custom is for your car only. Taking a full custom chip from my car and putting it in jnolte's car will yield different gains. Whereas a cookie cutter chip is more suited to be used for both our C43s.

    Lastly, I dont care what anyone says about their noticeable difference. Without before and after dynos your gains are all talk.

    My stance is to inform others on the board. You can say 25/35/45+hp gains, but the reality is you probably will get a net of 10 or so.
    I don't think he is implying that these gains are WHP gains. A Dyno is not going to show you gains at the crank.

    While I do think the gains are a little fluffed, when you drive a car with 155hp, any amount of hp you can get helps

  11. #36
    Originally posted by OCKlasse
    The 97-98 C230 is the naturally aspirated 4 cylinder motor (supercharger came in '99). The motor did not change between 97 and 98. I am asking why the V6 model of the same year (1998 in this case) is $50 less than the 4 cylinder.
    I will ask SpeedInnovation and get back to you.
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

  12. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,213
    Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
    I will ask SpeedInnovation and get back to you.
    thank you

  13. #38
    In Charge
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Left Lane
    Posts
    4,529
    Originally posted by OCKlasse
    I don't think he is implying that these gains are WHP gains. A Dyno is not going to show you gains at the crank.

    While I do think the gains are a little fluffed, when you drive a car with 155hp, any amount of hp you can get helps
    I agree with you on these points, but many people here will probably believe that the claims are rwhp. Then when they get dyno tested and see the net affect of like 10, then they come back on the Board and bitch and complian and say that K1 and SpeedInnovations are lying and frauds.

    Like I said, my point is to inform. I know what to expect from this type of chip tuning. If these gains are alright with you, so be it. You just better know what to expect before buying a product, using it, complaining about it (because they expected something different), and waste people's time.

    I as well as many others appreciate K1's efforts to brings us products. I just do not want anyone bitching to us about him being a bad seller and that we promoted him.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

  14. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    155
    I do not think AMG has optimized every fuel curve on the AMGs especially those are forsale for "normal" customers.

    All manufacturers have to take in account that their customers may mistaken or cheaply bump lower/ cheaper octane fuel in their cars. Therefore all stock ECUs are designed to run rich. An engine that is running rich is cooler than one that is running lean.

    What aftermarket ECU progamming does is lean out the fuel mixture and timing advancement in considerations that the respective customer WILL be using high quality octane gasoline.

    I personnally have a Type R ecu swapped out for comptech ecu which resulted of a smoother and consistent power delivery. Horsepower gain is subjected to how tightly tuned is the engine from factory. For an Integra 1.8 litre engine that produces 195hp, to gain another 20hp by ECU is impossible without changing of hardwares like cams... However on a 4.3 litre V8 motor that produces only 300hp, I believe the potential is much greater.

    If Renntech and Kleemann are saying the same result of 20hp to be gained from ECU tunning, why is K1's similar claim is to be any different?


    Originally posted by Denlasoul
    Well noone is bashing K1, I think its important inform Members of what is being offered.

    I've had my AMG for 4 plus years already and have intensively done research on chip tuning. It is well known that getting 25+hp gains is unrealistic for any NA unmodified car. If you believe otherwise, we are just wasting each others time.

    In this item being offered, it is hard for me to accept that this chip is full custom especially if a dyno is not being run at the time of tuning. The term cookie cutter is not a bad thing, it's just a mapping made for all types of a particular car. Full custom is for your car only. Taking a full custom chip from my car and putting it in jnolte's car will yield different gains. Whereas a cookie cutter chip is more suited to be used for both our C43s.

    Lastly, I dont care what anyone says about their noticeable difference. Without before and after dynos your gains are all talk.

    My stance is to inform others on the board. You can say 25/35/45+hp gains, but the reality is you probably will get a net of 10 or so.

  15. #40
    In Charge
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Left Lane
    Posts
    4,529
    Originally posted by Lordkoo
    If Renntech and Kleemann are saying the same result of 20hp to be gained from ECU tunning, why is K1's similar claim is to be any different?
    I will not believe anyone's product on a car without before and after dyno runs and long-term follow up.

    For example, I can drop 500lbs of weight from my car and my car will feel faster. Did I gain any hp? No. If I ran before and after dynos, will they show a gain? No. Can my car be possibly faster than before if I ran 1/4 miles? Most likely.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

  16. #41
    Originally posted by OCKlasse
    thank you
    There was misprint on the price list I have.
    Both are $299.99.
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

  17. #42
    Originally posted by Rey99C280
    * * * *

    How about for my 99 C280? How much? Estimated gains?
    It will be same as 98 C280's.
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

  18. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,213
    Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
    There was misprint on the price list I have.
    Both are $299.99.
    how much out the door for everything?

  19. #44
    Originally posted by OCKlasse
    how much out the door for everything?
    $324.74 including sales tax. Since you are local, we can make arrangement to get it tuned.
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

  20. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,213
    Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
    $324.74 including sales tax. Since you are local, we can make arrangement to get it tuned.
    can you tell me the process? I will be gone in a week or so...so I figure while I am away, this would be a good time to do this.

  21. #46
    Originally posted by OCKlasse
    can you tell me the process? I will be gone in a week or so...so I figure while I am away, this would be a good time to do this.
    You can either drive up to LA area to get ECU tuned or just mail the ECU to us and we send it back to you after programming.
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

  22. #47
    OG Moderator kameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    2,283
    K1, if done locally, about how much time does the tuning take? And does the vehicle require x-amount of time to reach full potential, or should you expect to see the gains immediately?

  23. #48
    Originally posted by kameraguy
    K1, if done locally, about how much time does the tuning take? And does the vehicle require x-amount of time to reach full potential, or should you expect to see the gains immediately?
    In general, it takes about an hour or so.
    Below is guarantee infomartion from SpeedInnovation.

    Every speedinnovation performance software upgrade sold to customers residing in North America comes with an unconditional 7-day money back guarantee. This is for two important reasons:

    1) Your car needs time. The engine¡¯s control unit in modern cars needs time to readjust to a performance software upgrade. It also needs to re-learn your particular driving style.

    2) You need time. speedinnovation Engine Performance Tuning enhances many different driving conditions (far more than WIDE open acceleration), meaning you need time to notice and appreciate the defferences. In fact, it¡¯s been said that the better driver you are, the more you appreciate the new modifications.

    This 7-day grace period ensures that your expectations are met. If for any reason you are unsatisfied, you may return it to your place of purchase for a full refund (not including shipping and handling).
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

  24. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,213
    Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
    In general, it takes about an hour or so.
    Below is guarantee infomartion from SpeedInnovation.
    man, am I tempted...where in LA do we have to go?

  25. #50
    Originally posted by OCKlasse
    man, am I tempted...where in LA do we have to go?
    Hermosa Beach.
    K1 Motorsport
    ECU | HID | KW | K-MAC | AMG | Camber Kit | Argos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •