Thread: New Brakes Are Here

New Brakes Are Here - Pics Now

My new brakes are here.

Pics to follow this afternoon. Weight savings, Caliper 16lbs, rotor 2 lbs. 18lbs total. 18lbx2= 36 pounds of unsprung wt.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Nice!

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

CKlasse
    Jeff,

How much a set of Brakeman cost you?

In Charge
    Are these calipers 2 or 4 piston?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

crap thats phresh!
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

The calipers are 4 piston units.

This is there first set for a C Class Mercedes so I don't think they have a price yet. But I will try to work some deal for Club202 members.

Sorry for the large pics, still working on the pic posting procedure.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

In Charge
    So basically, you just are swapping out the calipers? I dont have alot of knowledge in brake systems, but I am assuming that one brake line can either work a two, four, or six piston caliper? If not, what additional changes need to be made?

Thanks
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

Jeff,

Can you feel the difference of these parts being lighter?
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Nokia,

Yes you really can feel the difference because of the weight. The car rides smoother and feels more responsive now that the suspension does not have to control 36lbs of extra weight.

DLS,

The rotors are new and although the same diameter the hats are aluminum and not steel, and the rotor is thicker with curved vanes to dissapate heat better. Also if the rotor wears out I only have to replace the outer part, say $250 not $800 like the stock rotors are.

Also in most cases a 4 piston caliper is better than a 6 or 8 piston caliper. The reason is that a 4 piston caliper is smaller and can be made stiffer and lighter. But the stiffness issue is the greatest factor. The caliper is forged aluminum so it is very strong and aluminum dissapates heat very fast, faster than cast iron, such is the stock caliper.

The stock rubber brakeline gets removed and replaced with a stainless steel brake line that has a stiffer construction, so when you step on the brakes the pedal stays harder due to less brakeline expansion.

Jeff

In Charge
    Thanks Jeff! Good information, I kinda knew most of what you were saying...should give myself more credit.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

OG Moderator
    NICE
    Token Chrysler owner

SpeedyBenz:

When you get a price for this brake system, please let me know what they will cost. I would really like to put them on my C43. With a lot of interest here, perhaps we can do a group buy. I'm sure Brakeman's price will substantially beat the $3500 per axle Brembo price.

Let me know how you like them, whether you have experienced any drawbacks.

Regards,
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

Jeff,

I really need brakes & and would like to get something ASAP. I was looking at the Brembos but cost is high. Thought about fabbing something using Wilwood, but would prefer a bolt up. I would think these same brakes would work on a 96 C220 with minimal modification?

Do you think the brakeman company could make me a set? Any chance of a discount?

Please contact me ASAP at jasonhenshaw@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(
    Dyno charts are cool... but trap times are proof. My Evo keeps me happy now.

Jeff, how quick would it be to swap between a street pad and a race pad?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.