Thread: HID powred by alternator

HID powered by alternator

has anyone tapped their HID power relay to the alternator due to the battery being in the rear?

does it have more power than the battery, i'm just trying to find out, i don't want to blow my hella ballast.

You shouldn't have any problem running it from this +12v bus located on drivers side (US). It's between the washer reservoir and fuse box. Use one of the two RIGHT SIDE terminals and be sure to have a fuse on the wire.

Martin

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

man this is a big @$$ help for me, easier than going to the alternator. thanks very much!!! i was looking at that but didn't know what it was`!

Originally posted by EDM6VIP
    man this is a big @$$ help for me, easier than going to the alternator. thanks very much!!! i was looking at that but didn't know what it was`!
    No prob. Just be sure you ground the wire going to the relay because I believe that the terminal goes straight to the battery.

Martin

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

hey man just to make sure that picture you showed me has 3 wires bolted on, one on the left is kind of thin, and the 2 wires on the right are thick cables. so youre saying either one of those 2 thick cables are positive?

let me know thanks!

Originally posted by EDM6VIP
    hey man just to make sure that picture you showed me has 3 wires bolted on, one on the left is kind of thin, and the 2 wires on the right are thick cables. so youre saying either one of those 2 thick cables are positive?

let me know thanks!
    Yes.

Martin

2012 535i
    2005 545i - Retired
    1994 C280 - Retired

hey martin i did just what u told me connected it to that cable, but it seems like my cluster clock reboots again. it was like i never put a relay. but there is a relay and it does the same thing (restarts my gauge) u think i have a bad relay? need to replace?