Thread: OEM Trunk Cargo Net

OEM Trunk Cargo Net

Does anyone have a picture, or can explain to me how the OEM Cargo net installs in our trunks?
    2000 C280 Sport

OG Moderator
    ya got the part number for that trunk net??
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

I don't have the number. The dealer gave it to me as a Christmas present.

I see two area's to hook it to in the trunk but not four. I guess I will just use the two hooks for now.

It's actually kinda handy,
    2000 C280 Sport

Originally posted by Capt

I see two area's to hook it to in the trunk but not four. I guess I will just use the two hooks for now.

Did you get the net alone or did it come with the two attachment hooks? The net (if it is like mine) goes across the trunk opening between the taillights.

In Charge
    There are four places to hook the net. If you pull out the trunk liner you will see the other two at the very top.

I use an aftermarket net with those rock climber clasps to attach the net to my car. Works great.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

It looks as though it would go between the tailights. There are four loops on the net. My trunk (between the tailights) are two hooks. The floor of the trunk has four tie down rings.

Should there be another set of hooks between the tailights?

Edit: I figured it out, there should be two more hooks along the top of the taillights. I guess I will have to go and pick some up at the dealership.

MBsickness can you take a quick pic of your trunk for me. Just so I can verify.
    2000 C280 Sport

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Capt

damn!! anyone got the part number for it?

yeh it should go between the tail lights.. the 2 tops ones may have hooks or tie down points that go into the back panel of the trunk, then the loops on the net go on them. as for the bottom.. it may be the same deal.. hmm. I dont remember seeing any metal tie down points in my trunk bottom!! maybe I just dont pay enough attention!
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Here is a picture of the net installed and the hook.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by mbsickness
    Here is a picture of the net installed and the hook.

Capt: Yes.. thats the hook exactly.. i think they should come with the net.. if they didnt then you will have to get 2.
    the hooks go in place of 2 of the clips that hold the back trunk ledge plastic cover in place.

mbsickness: you got the part number for the trunk net?
    it just comes in handy to stop shit form rolling around in the trunk.. Ive been wanting one for some time.

Awesome, thanks so much for the pics. I have two hooks already in the car but they are a little low. I may need to move them more towards the middle.

Merry Christmas Guys!
    2000 C280 Sport