Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Custom intake manifold *PICS*...etc

Originally posted by Markland556
    Hey, just wondering where you tapped your oil feed line from and where do the 2 top vents on your valve cover go to?
    Oil is taken from a bung (6mm hex key) about half way down the dipstick on the block.

the vents arnt complete,they will vent into a catch tank to the left of the bay...it will be completed when we get it back to the fabricators=)
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Hey 23K,

Looks like you are all most finished. Can't wait to see the dyno figure.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K

LOL...man i wish,i needa get this over with.
    hahaha with my luck the engine will blow,and ill make sure i remove the manifold just for you...before i push the rest of a cliff
    The silicone couplers are there to provide heat insulation between the head and plenum,it also provides slight flexibility between the flangew/plenum and the plenum can be removed without removing the fuel system!,the pipes inside are around 1mm apart so theres no real interuption in airflow...plus i think they look good...

As for the exhaust manifold,yeh its by no means the coolest looking...but it does have the features i wanted which where strength,clearance and looks like we got away with decent flow as well
    It will be blasted and ceramic coated black...once installed it can hardly be seen!

thanks, its done in antique steel...the camera does wierd things to the colour...even though i have the white balance set right!!,its a gunmetal colour but when the light shines on it has silver fleck so looks quite cool in the flesh...

laters mang
    Paul
    lol.. well il take that manifold of your hands!! but I really doubt your motor will blow.. its seems pretty built dude!
    thats a petty good idea actuallt.. easy to remove the top half of the manifold without removing the entire intake manifold with injectors. you so smart!
    yeh I guess the blue connectors would make any difference.. add a bit of colour to.. too much polished metal!! you getting the metal coated in anything.. painted?
    actually.. looking at the new exhaust manifold and seein the pic of the old one.. the new one is way nicer in my opinion. seems like youve gotten further in your build too.. car ready to run yet???!!
    cool.. the antique steel finish on the spark plug cover is hella nice.

so any further a long in the build.. from the pics it looks like its ready to run!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Thanks Ross,spm16vbenz,
    yeh its happening...need more money as usual,if you look closely at the engine bay you will see many many things missing like fuel system,wiring,vent/water tanks,exhaust,intake,oil feed,water feed,vaccum lines,throttle cable...enough to keep me more than busy!...im trying to get it done as fast as possible though!

laters,
    Paul

holy crap, i dunno how i missed this thread for so long, but the car is looking great, love the rims, cant wait until its done

im like confused, did you take the supercharger out? or is it a non k w202? I WANT IT FOR MY CARRRRRRRR.......IT ALL NEEDS TO BE PUT INTO PRODUCTION!!!!! I'D BUY IT
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    im like confused, did you take the supercharger out? or is it a non k w202? I WANT IT FOR MY CARRRRRRRR.......IT ALL NEEDS TO BE PUT INTO PRODUCTION!!!!! I'D BUY IT
    Hey,
    Thanks...yes the car once was a C230K,we removed the SC in favour of a turbo setup.
    Unfortunatly it would be extremely expensive to replicate this setup,it would also have to be sold with a programed stand alone ECU system as it does away with the DBW and MAF.
    but your welcome to use the examples and start your own

Laters,
    Paul

hye 23K,

What fuel system computer are you running on your car? and does it run/operate off the inlet camshaft actuator?

Thanks

Hey,
    I have a Motec M400 to install in the following weeks,it will switch the intake cam at the two factory set switch points for the time being...will experiment a bit more when its all up and running!.

If you were refering to the cam reference signal then yes it operates of that.

Paul

I perminately installed the intake manifold this weekend,so to cap off this thread heres a few pics....

Heres the machine work,the wooden look fuel rail stands are...not wood,we used "phinolic"(spelt right?) material which is sort of like a roll of fabric infused with a resin of sorts...its very strong,doesnt conduct or expand much under heat,so the rail stays as cool as possible,still need to make a couple of washers to go under the bolts.
    We machined a couple of brakets into flange to hold the FRP and wiring harness,with a spare in the middle just in case it was needed.
    the OE gaskets fit well.

Fittings welded to the under side of the plenum,brake booster,bov,map,frp,sensors,random pipe into cabin plus a spare.
    intake air temp sensor is mounted just after TB.The brake booster,sensors and random pipe into cabin go via the fire wall which imo was the coolest part of the whole install=)

Flange in position...

Second coolest part of the install,the IC pipe leading up to the intake manifold,the only part that wasnt machined to size was the 60mm mandrel bend...the adapter from 60-72 was made from billet,while to rest was machined inside and out to get the desired size,the rest of the IC piping was done the same bar one bend on the hot side of the IC,and because it was all machined we made a rib at each join as well...

All in a done...=) =)

Laters,
    Paul

OG Moderator
    WOW Paul.. that is one clean install.. so much attentin to detail. I hate having an engine bay full of wires and hoses, just so much nicer to have a nice clean engine bay, all you need to see is that engine, turbo, and wiked lookin intake manifold!!
    great job.. those fittings going through the firewall are pretty trick.. nice.

great job man.. awesome work.
    Thanks for teh congrats!.. its been way too long to get my license. but Im finally done and fully qualified. now its time to make money!! have to get good before ya can get fast though. so there will be somewhat of a learning curve, but I dont expect to do too badly at all.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Patience...:Paranoid:

wow... if only I had half of your patience... if I did id have the right tranny cross member, or a dozen other detail items I've skipped on my own car. This is one of the best done benz's I've ever seen, raied in a benz dealer and so close to renntech, that's saying a lot.

Congratulations. you look closer then ever.

So who do I make the check out for the engine????? hahaha, wow dude that is off the chain I hope one day I can get my M111 to look like that.......damn so much power. How much power does it have?

very comprehensive pics you have there,
    this thing is just a work of art, talk about meticulus and fussy on the details its outstanding!
    man i love that plenum and intake vel stacks!
    and the firewall, thats racecar material

side note
    im jelous of were your oil filter is! so easy to get to compared to the m104,
    -Logan-

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    WOW Paul.. that is one clean install.. so much attentin to detail. I hate having an engine bay full of wires and hoses, just so much nicer to have a nice clean engine bay, all you need to see is that engine, turbo, and wiked lookin intake manifold!!
    great job.. those fittings going through the firewall are pretty trick.. nice.

great job man.. awesome work.
    Thanks for teh congrats!.. its been way too long to get my license. but Im finally done and fully qualified. now its time to make money!! have to get good before ya can get fast though. so there will be somewhat of a learning curve, but I dont expect to do too badly at all.
    Thanks man yeh i tried to keep everything as clean as possible,there was more than a few times i sat back wondering if it was really worth the extra time and effort but seeing the end result has definatly made it worth while!...haha got your PM will let you know shortly=)
    hooked the TB cable up last night...the plastic accelerator pedal setup is pretty weak,might have to make a custom alloy one and use bearings etc....but we should get by on the plastic one until after tuning i hope

Great to hear you passed!,and if you get a pay rise on top of that than the only means ....more mods hehe,*cough*oh and presy's for the gurl yeh=)

Originally posted by RacerXofFL
    Patience...:Paranoid:

wow... if only I had half of your patience... if I did id have the right tranny cross member, or a dozen other detail items I've skipped on my own car. This is one of the best done benz's I've ever seen, raied in a benz dealer and so close to renntech, that's saying a lot.

Congratulations. you look closer then ever.

Patience,haha....its one thing iv never had,but its definitely needed =)...thanks its almost running so close i can smell it,or maybe thats the stale fuel i pumped from the tank heheh it had gone yellow=)

Originally posted by c280nz
    very comprehensive pics you have there,
    this thing is just a work of art, talk about meticulus and fussy on the details its outstanding!
    man i love that plenum and intake vel stacks!
    and the firewall, thats racecar material

side note
    im jelous of were your oil filter is! so easy to get to compared to the m104,
    Cheers logan,theres alot of short cuts i could have taken...kinda glad i didnt as its likely i would have changed it to how it is now anyway!.
    ...Im definalty not planning another project like this for some time lol.

Wheres the oil filter on the m104?..yeh the M111 is great...best filter setup iv owned!....try a honda one under the intake manifold,garanteed oil spillage on the side of the engine and all over the subframe and steering=)

So who do I make the check out for the engine????? hahaha, wow dude that is off the chain I hope one day I can get my M111 to look like that.......damn so much power. How much power does it have?
    thanks,Haha it may not run yet...its probly siezed=),will not know how much power it will make until we get it tuned in the following weeks...iv just finished the engine loom,still need to tidy up a few loose ends and we should be ready to go!.

Cheers,
    Paul

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Thanks man yeh i tried to keep everything as clean as possible,there was more than a few times i sat back wondering if it was really worth the extra time and effort but seeing the end result has definatly made it worth while!...haha got your PM will let you know shortly=)

Great to hear you passed!,and if you get a pay rise on top of that than the only means ....more mods hehe,*cough*oh and presy's for the gurl yeh=)
    well ya did a great job of keeping it clean.. looks awesome. love that colour on the valve cover too. just looks hotttt! those trick bits made it definetly worth while mang.
    lol.. nice, Ill await your reply to my pm!!

I know.. Its such a relief to have passed, and I will see a slight pay raise. lol.. maybe more mods for the car.. its starting to get really tough to spend money on my car.. is it worth while.. ya know. still want that motor swap!! and of course presy;s for my girl.. she wouldnt have it any other way!

well ya did a great job of keeping it clean.. looks awesome. love that colour on the valve cover too. just looks hotttt! those trick bits made it definetly worth while mang.
    lol.. nice, Ill await your reply to my pm!!

I know.. Its such a relief to have passed, and I will see a slight pay raise. lol.. maybe more mods for the car.. its starting to get really tough to spend money on my car.. is it worth while.. ya know. still want that motor swap!! and of course presy;s for my girl.. she wouldnt have it any other way!
    This is hard...but honestly i wouldnt spend anymore on your 202...save the money for your own house or you and your gurl...my next project is to spend more on "us" rather than all on my car lol...

...its fun now,but in the long run....=)

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    This is hard...but honestly i wouldnt spend anymore on your 202...save the money for your own house or you and your gurl...my next project is to spend more on "us" rather than all on my car lol...

...its fun now,but in the long run....=)
    I know.. Im slowly thinkin it myself, stop spendin on the w202!.. just finish off everything I have. but Id still like a couple more go fast goodies.. I think it would be too expensive to swap engones, so maybe a couple more go fast goodies and Im done.. finish off the outside and just enjoy a clean car.

oh no worries on that one.. I spend on my girl. but indeed saving for a house still.

I know.. Im slowly thinkin it myself, stop spendin on the w202!.. just finish off everything I have. but Id still like a couple more go fast goodies.. I think it would be too expensive to swap engones, so maybe a couple more go fast goodies and Im done.. finish off the outside and just enjoy a clean car.

oh no worries on that one.. I spend on my girl. but indeed saving for a house still.
    yeah man just finish of all those little jobs,it will clean her up nicely!,then enjoy=)...but...........maybe just an SS header as well hehe=)

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    Paul,

Top notch! 10/10! . I think its safe to say you officially have the coolest 230K on planet earth . The quality is amazing and craftsmanship is top notch (and thats coming from me ). Congrats & enjoy!

Hey Omey,
    Thanks!,thats a big call=),have to say i favour the look of that black C36 with the gold alloys over mine,if it goes missing and ends up with a turbo 4 banger you'll all know why hehehe

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    yeah man just finish of all those little jobs,it will clean her up nicely!,then enjoy=)...but...........maybe just an SS header as well hehe=)
    lol.. yeh Iknow.. too many lil things to finish off!!
    and yes.. the ss header is tempting, but i want custom!!