Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom intake manifold *PICS*...etc

Sounds good!,
    oh and im not too sure about that OBX FRP...i think its made to bolt onto honda fuel rails...the inlet must be under the mounting braket!(with no thread for fittings)
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

can it still be used ? like depending where I mount it ?

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Thanks dude!,the turbo was just sitting in there that day,we did shift it closer to the engine,alittle further down and back....even though i really wanted the compressor housing back behind the cam cover recess,I had to agree it made things too tight!...so again its a fairly high top mount setup...this time much better made!...
    Hard to say...it should be another 8-12 weeks,but lack of spare cash might drag it alittle longer...but when i do there will definatly be some footage...
    calipers are in...you wouldnt have guessed it...SILVER..lol
    thanks again dude...laters!
    I didnt think the turbo header was done.. or we would have seen pics of it!!.. but it looks good sitting there.
    just as long as the turbo fits in there I dont think its gonna matter if its top mount or not!! just as long as it spins!!
    man thats a while to go there.. hop eit speends up.. come on Paul.. win the lottery!
    cant wait for the footage.. its gonna be a beast!!
    nice.. post up pics of the Stoptech kit mang.. gotta see. awww.. silver.. need to be red!! brakes that big gotta stand out!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    can it still be used ? like depending where I mount it ?
    I would say its likley it can still be used however you may need to make a sealed flange that will bolt up to the underside of the FRP,maybe contact the seller regarding application?

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    I didnt think the turbo header was done.. or we would have seen pics of it!!.. but it looks good sitting there.
    just as long as the turbo fits in there I dont think its gonna matter if its top mount or not!! just as long as it spins!!
    man thats a while to go there.. hop eit speends up.. come on Paul.. win the lottery!
    cant wait for the footage.. its gonna be a beast!!
    nice.. post up pics of the Stoptech kit mang.. gotta see. awww.. silver.. need to be red!! brakes that big gotta stand out!
    haha the guys at work wanted them to be blue lol...im just too fond of silver...
    heard today that the turbo manifold is done,but we just need to sort out the wastegate..so im heading over there tommorrow to sort it out...
    you wouldnt believe the hassels im having with the new IC piping...my IC is 60mm,so i need a 60OD with a 56ID...but no one in the whole world has this sh!t...well,yes they do,but they would only sell me 250Kg's of it!!!.....i also need 72OD with 68ID which isnt avaliable...soooo heres the fix,tonight i got some 63.5 with a 6.35 wall...the engineers are going to machine the pipe down to 60 with a 2mm wall,so i can cut it up and make nice staggered bends with it...like how i did the intake last time...so most of the new pipes will be staggered...looks pretty trick,and is the right sized pipe!!!...it also means they can machine the raised bit that locks the pipe joiners together.
    LOL man i havent checked this weeks ticket yet either

Originally posted by 23K
    I would say its likley it can still be used however you may need to make a sealed flange that will bolt up to the underside of the FRP,maybe contact the seller regarding application?
    oh but ill be adding some aftermarket fuel lines and switching things around a bit, so I know I can most definatly have this mounted and connected then.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    haha the guys at work wanted them to be blue lol...im just too fond of silver...
    heard today that the turbo manifold is done,but we just need to sort out the wastegate..so im heading over there tommorrow to sort it out...
    you wouldnt believe the hassels im having with the new IC piping...my IC is 60mm,so i need a 60OD with a 56ID...but no one in the whole world has this sh!t...well,yes they do,but they would only sell me 250Kg's of it!!!.....i also need 72OD with 68ID which isnt avaliable...soooo heres the fix,tonight i got some 63.5 with a 6.35 wall...the engineers are going to machine the pipe down to 60 with a 2mm wall,so i can cut it up and make nice staggered bends with it...like how i did the intake last time...so most of the new pipes will be staggered...looks pretty trick,and is the right sized pipe!!!...it also means they can machine the raised bit that locks the pipe joiners together.
    LOL man i havent checked this weeks ticket yet either
    well you have to get what you want!! so silver brakes it is! I want mine to pop.. so red they will be!
    woot woot!!.. get pics of that turbo manifold!!! gotta see!!
    fuk!!.. thats a lot of tube.. 250kg of aluminium intake tube!!.. thats gotta be a fuk of a lot!
    well you could open your own business and sell it.. ?
    "Pauls intake pipe R us"!
    thats awesome you will have it machined.. will be alot of work to machine it all wont it? but at least you know it will be quality.. plus the machined raise piece to lock them together is for extra security.. and all that BOOST!!
    well get checkin them tickets.. you could be a millionaire!!.. dont forget to buy me a CLS55!!
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    well you have to get what you want!! so silver brakes it is! I want mine to pop.. so red they will be!
    woot woot!!.. get pics of that turbo manifold!!! gotta see!!
    fuk!!.. thats a lot of tube.. 250kg of aluminium intake tube!!.. thats gotta be a fuk of a lot!
    well you could open your own business and sell it.. ?
    "Pauls intake pipe R us"!
    thats awesome you will have it machined.. will be alot of work to machine it all wont it? but at least you know it will be quality.. plus the machined raise piece to lock them together is for extra security.. and all that BOOST!!
    well get checkin them tickets.. you could be a millionaire!!.. dont forget to buy me a CLS55!!
    Exhaust manifold pics to come!,its much better than the the last in terms of design and strength!...not as nice a finish as the SS because we went with cast bends...but they still did a fantastic job!.
    haha Yeh tell me bout it,i was like...."I only need 500mm!",they didnt buy it
    Iv added you to my "when im rich..." list

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Exhaust manifold pics to come!,its much better than the the last in terms of design and strength!...not as nice a finish as the SS because we went with cast bends...but they still did a fantastic job!.
    haha Yeh tell me bout it,i was like...."I only need 500mm!",they didnt buy it
    Iv added you to my "when im rich..." list
    cant wait to see the pics of the mnifold dude!.. should be good. well as long as it gets the job done it doesnt really matter how pretty it looks.. its usually the crude rude looking ones that work the best!!
    lol.. nice.. just make sure its a black on black CLS55!! or Ill never talk to you again!! lol. if only we were all wealthy.. life would be so much easier!

LOL,black on black.........SILVER!!!!!...jks blacks nice!,i get sh!t at work from the BWM guy ever since i showed him the family pic of the three silver benz's.
    life would be soo much easier!!!...im broke 24/7/365/23... so far,man with most toy win syndrome!...this weekend we hope to get another home,looks like huge morgage though so if we can get a long settlement date that should buy me time to get the car running before im owned by the bank again,anyways enuf me blabing heres a few new pics...the car is back at my place now because where waiting on the mufflers and a few other bits...then ill ship it back to the fabricators to have the exhaust,down pipe,coolant tank,intake box,washer tank and crank vent done...in the mean time ill get the throttle cable,IC piping in and all the vaccum pips that need to come for the plenum...should keep me busy for a week or two

this manifold WILL do the job this time!

and a close up of the fuel rail area..

laters,
    Paul

OG Moderator
    yeh you do have a lot of silver cars at the house!!.. silver is nice.. but black is best!
    lol.. well stop spending on the car and you wouldnt be broke!!
    well I hope you do find a house.. you been looking alot lately?I hope you finally get one.. beats renting.

wow.. I still love that intake manifold!!.. would look so nice on my engine too!! WINK WINK!!!
    whats with the blue tube inbetween the runners?.. just for looks or is it actually there to hold the 2 halves together? wouldnt aluminium pipe be better for flow?

exhaust manifold turned out really nice.. not too flash.. but still a nice piece of kit. you doing any finish to it.. coating it? looks like that shop odes nice welds too.

love colour on your valve cover.. not a silver.. but more of a gun metalish.. looks hot man.

sounds like you got lots to do still.. lots to keep you busy!

silver is nice.. but black is best!

lol.. well stop spending on the car and you wouldnt be broke!!
    LOL...man i wish,i needa get this over with.

wow.. I still love that intake manifold!!.. would look so nice on my engine too!! WINK WINK!!!whats with the blue tube inbetween the runners?.. just for looks or is it actually there to hold the 2 halves together? wouldnt aluminium pipe be better for flow?
    hahaha with my luck the engine will blow,and ill make sure i remove the manifold just for you...before i push the rest of a cliff
    The silicone couplers are there to provide heat insulation between the head and plenum,it also provides slight flexibility between the flangew/plenum and the plenum can be removed without removing the fuel system!,the pipes inside are around 1mm apart so theres no real interuption in airflow...plus i think they look good...

As for the exhaust manifold,yeh its by no means the coolest looking...but it does have the features i wanted which where strength,clearance and looks like we got away with decent flow as well
    It will be blasted and ceramic coated black...once installed it can hardly be seen!

thanks, its done in antique steel...the camera does wierd things to the colour...even though i have the white balance set right!!,its a gunmetal colour but when the light shines on it has silver fleck so looks quite cool in the flesh...

laters mang
    Paul

Hey 23k, do you have a pic of your header. I would love to see a pic of it!

Hey,
    theres a pic on the next page back!,it still needs to be ceramic coated though

so clean you can see yourself in it!

LOOOOL DAMN it had to be you that noticed

23K what kind of fuel injecters are those ? mine look very differnt.

I was actually talking about your exhaust header. I would just really like to see how you set yours up.

Heres the pics on the next page back
    not as flash looking as the last SS item,but far more practical.

for comparison heres the old one...

23K what kind of fuel injecters are those ? mine look very differnt.
    there a Siemens 550cc,they may look alittle different given the plugs are on but theres no wires yet

Progress is looking good paul!
    last time i saw a intake plenum that big and shiny it was on a drag car is there something your not telling us about your intentions after the build! haha
    and with 550cc injectors you could run 2 engines with that sorta capacity
    -Logan-

Hmm ... how do i know how many cc's my injecters are, all i know is they are 24LB / HR.

any conversion method ?

Originally posted by c280nz
    Progress is looking good paul!
    last time i saw a intake plenum that big and shiny it was on a drag car is there something your not telling us about your intentions after the build! haha
    and with 550cc injectors you could run 2 engines with that sorta capacity
    Haha thanks Logan im hoping it will one day perform like two engines!!... and i will have to get at least 1 run down the strip for fun

The magnaflow mufflers turned up out of the blue yesturday,which is all good...though as usual its never that sweet...the tips look the same as each other in the pic,but there totally different...so it'll be a few weeks before the get me another matching one...and im not to sure if ill be using them just yet..there alittle bigger than i expected.

So will hopfully get back in the workshop next week and get the exhaust/down pipe done...

laters man.

Hmm ... how do i know how many cc's my injecters are, all i know is they are 24LB / HR.

any conversion method ?
    hmm yeh thats a tricky one given one is measuring volume flowed per minute while the other is in wieght per hour...

My book says CC = Lbs/hour x 10.5

So my 550cc injector is = 52Lbs/hour.

also i read as a very general rule,5cc usually gets you around 1 HP...which would make this set of injectors good for around 440HP

this also makes your 24Lbs injectors good for just over 200HP,which is about what the stock C230K items will flow(as i had the stock items flow tested once)

however you can make injectors flow alittle more than that if your fuel system will support the increased pressure...that im really unsure about

Hey, just wondering where you tapped your oil feed line from and where do the 2 top vents on your valve cover go to?