Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Release of AMS 230K Performance Headers

m104!!!!!

What is the secret mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

C230 SportCoup

Non reply

You have a whole bunch of people waiting to see what happens in other forums.
    There's a pent up demand for this type of thing.

You didn't even bother with the courtesy of a reply to my offer to be a guinee pig
    for the M111 C Coupe crowd....

Perhaps you could reply please?

hey omeyhomey ima buy a pair within a few weeks jus so u no...oh btw clear ur pms

Still interested, just paid huge bills though. Shooting for 1st of the month

I am really interested - just have to wait until the end of next week to get paid. I see that others have asked if this will fit the '02 C230 Coupe, but not sure if a public reply was sent.

Bob
    \'02 C230 Coupe

i think they will honestly bolt up to the updated M111 blocks, but whether they will clear the new loom etc under the hood is going to be in question. post a pic of under the hood and we could probably rough an idea from that

C230 SportCoup
    Has it been determined if there is a performance increase?
    How it effects the power band?

I know the Supersprint results in a power increase, but then thats been proven.

Have these actually been installed on any vehicles? Going back through the thread, I see them offered for sale, but unless I missed it, no description of how they are on the car, no mention of existing installs or testing.
    Did I miss something?

What was the result?
    Ya know, something like,
    "i put these on my XXX and right away I noticed an increase in the power above 3000 rpm, but torque seemed to drop off...etc. etc...Or torque was increased, and the hp in the midrange..."

We're all hungry for a little affordable performance, but I don't want to be the alpha tester. Not even beta.

Before and after dyno's please?

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    Hey guys,

I got good and bad news. The good news is I am selling the headers as cheap as they are ever gonna get at $425 w/ FREE SHIPPING!!! The bad news is this is the ONLY shipment I am every going to have. I am dropping the 230K header line for future models such as M104 and others. I won't be following this up b/c there just does not seem to be enough damand among the C230k crowd. Once these headers are gone they are gone for good and I won't be making any more sets so ifyou want performance headers at a rediculously low price, this will be your only chance. Once these few sets I have are gone.... thats it . The other Good news is I am now ramping up for M104 and other headers.

Thx again guys,
    ~Omey~
    pls save me a set!!!

OG Moderator
    Who has received this already and how has the install gone? Any dyno results yet? I am guessing there are a number of people just waiting for some real-world feedback on your product.
    1999 C230 Kompressor

i think its not that there is a lack of interest, you just happened to launch around the winter holidays; which for most is possibly the worst financial situation to bounce back from to spend money on toys

C230 SportCoup
    No one has installed these?
    A completely untested product?

I must be mistaken.
    Please correct me!

Any word on the fitment on coupes? Were there ever pictures exchanged or a consensus whether they will fit?

I'd love to pick up a set and have the funds ready but have been waiting on the word. How many sets are left?

C230 SportCoup
    I'd love to pick up a set, provided they fit, and will actually result in a performance increase, and don't damage anything in the process. As of yet, no answers on either.
    So, it seems rather silly of you to abondon an item that people are waiting breathlessly for, but can't get any answers about.
    You say they were installed in Germany...but you say nothing of the result?

So you're saying people with even more expensive cars than ours are willing to
    shovel out cash for items with no proven gains, so you're going to focus on them? Hogwash.
    There's plenty of interest, and money in the wings, The issue is just a lack of data about the product.

They look great. The quality seems to be there, but I'm not buying metal sculpture. I'd like to buying a tested product that results in documented performance increases, with a dyno to show where the power comes in, and if there's any torque losses in the low end. And that someones been driving with them on their vehicle for a while with no problems.

Sorry, I'm not wanting to be a dick, but
    so many posts and so little info, it seems like it's pulling it out of you to say what benefit one might expect.

I'm definitely interested in more performance. My lack of ponying up the cash is due to a lack of info.

Fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Headers have been test fit and dyno tested in Germany. Enough said.
    I couldnt care less for performance as long as it doesnt slow it or make it sound stupid.

hmm this might be a stupid q.. but a exhaust manifold bracket is broken on my car, would this peice rectify it?

C230 SportCoup
    Fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Headers have been test fit and dyno tested in Germany. Enough said.
    Can you post the dyno?

C230 SportCoup brings up some very important points, and should not be ignored. This is just my personal opinion.

If this is to be an actual "performance" product, it's only reasonable to either ask for proof or a guarantee of performance. If these are "headers for the sake of gaining show points" that's fair too, but as consumers, we'll make decisions based on the information available.

So far...in this thread I've seen a claimed "about 8HP gain" based on "tests in Germany" and some discussion on fitment. However, as far as I can read, no one has installed these headers on a US car.

All members of this site are encouraged to do their own due diligence and are reasonably expected to be able to make their own purchasing decisions.

On the other hand, there will always be an inherent additional risk for the first users of a given product, and it's something to keep in mind when purchasing a new-to-market product.

Basically, caveat emptor...but that goes with any product advertised on this site...whether they be a business or an individual. As far as I can see, the first 10 purchasers of these headers are the test mules for this product, and there is no US-car based performance or installation information available.

Fair enough....I'd like for everyone to come out happy in the end, and setting expectations appropriately is a good part of that.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

C230 SportCoup
    I'm definitely in the wrong forum.
    Peace, out!
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Originally posted by ncd
    I couldnt care less for performance as long as it doesnt slow it or make it sound stupid.

hmm this might be a stupid q.. but a exhaust manifold bracket is broken on my car, would this peice rectify it?

In Charge
    Originally posted by C230 SportCoup
    I'm definitely in the wrong forum.
    Peace, out!
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    That's a shame. I think you brought up some very valid points and issues that many people are overlooking.

I do believe there is alot to benefit from the Board, and that you could signficantly contribute to what we strive to achieve.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

if they are performance headers, dyno proof is required, end of story.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

can we see the dynos?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

I am waiting for someone to take the initiative here in the USA to dyno test. If someone here has the initiative to do a dyno I will provide a discount. thanks
    Just a fair question. Since like you said in the earlier post that C230K are all the same (Header-wise) be it in Germany or USA then we would not need to do a dyno test here in the US if we can take a look at the dyno test done in Germany. So, can we take a look at the dyno test done in Germany? Thanks.

man, if I wasn't planning on selling the 230k for a G, I'd be all over this.

m113
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

i'd buy if this thread didn't get so damn shady.