Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of another Turbo'd C230

Beginning of another Turbo'd C230

officially announcing another turbo project, first off, I now own RollinRealBig's C230. hes my cusin by the way.

anyway, today was a first step, removing the oil pan and adding an oil return, about $120 with business discount was spent already.

most of my help, support and advice comes from 23K, who;s project it way more intense then mine. LoL

heres pictures, Enjoy guys!

we worked at my cusins house since he had all the tools.

close agianst the firewall ...

Sway bar was in the way,

Ahh, cant go any higher!

at last, left engine mount, sway bar and oil pan removed!

Cleaned up, and fitting installed.

In this picture, you can see a tiny blue spec which is the oil feed at the top of the pic, and the oil return capped and ready for the turbo lines to be connected.

the headers are done, the turbocharger should show up in the mail any day now. Im taking this project very slowly, since Im not made of money .

i have a feeling remolexi is acually rollingrealbig.. hmmmmm
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

what makes you say that? he sold me the car got another one he likes more then the w202./

what car did he get? another benzo? or did he move to the darkside and get a beemer or something?
    Diamonds & Wood

My merc http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9323

he got BMW M3 the older body not the newer ones its hella sick though much better then the W202.

I hope you havent poured that lucas crap in your engine yet!

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

no, not yet. its sitting dry on my driveway, is Lucas crap for MB engines ?? I thought id get it because I have a noisy lifter.

its bad for any engine. their motor oil and ATF are great, but their additives are terrible. if you want a thickener in your engine, the only decent one would be hyperlube racing additive, but even that wont help significantly with noise. if you can find lubro moly oil saver anywhere, that is the only high quality oil thickener I've used and it worked well. also try flushing the engine, usually that helps more than additives.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

Originally posted by jnolte
    i have a feeling remolexi is acually rollingrealbig.. hmmmmm
    It must be the hand on that pic... :knocked:
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

congratulations on the first step!
    damn these c230t are becoming more common than the k's haha
    i was going to do the same step when i took my gearbox out but it is alot harder to get the sump out of the six so i resigned that job for the day i have the $ to buy a turbo
    so you goin run a low boost set up with a piggyback and possibly a rising rate fuel regulator?
    let us in with more of your plans pal cos some people mit be able to give you useful pointers on things to watch out for
    i.e what jnenad has done already
    good start anyway
    -Logan-

Hey,
    looks like it all went fairly well!,much better with an engine lifter...did you have much issuse with sliding it out once the engine was up?

Does that fitting angle downwards?

Logan,
    Must be bout time you went bush mech on the 280T setup...
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Thanks!

my plans, well the header is awaiting the turbo, which should arrive any day now, im pateintly waiting. the oil/water fittings are done, just I have to finish the water return and I caught a cold yesterday from laying on the cold driveway half a day.

I just received two 24LB fuel injecters, will order another two.
    ill be using a Fuel pressure regulater, also planning out a new fuel rail but I have to see if thats a possibility.

as for the ECU all I have planned is a Speed Innovation chip ... I really need help and advice on what to do for ignition upgrades and maybe a ECU upgrade if the chip isnt enough.

Low boost setup yes, but ill see how it goes, maybe go deeper into the internals of the M111 like Paul/23K.

Im doing this project somewhat slowly, my car is a daily driver I cant just rip stuff out and not have a car to use the next day, so im doing little steps at a time, until when I have ALL the parts needed Ill take a day or two and work my ass off.

Originally posted by 23K
    Hey,
    looks like it all went fairly well!,much better with an engine lifter...did you have much issuse with sliding it out once the engine was up?

Does that fitting angle downwards?

Logan,
    Must be bout time you went bush mech on the 280T setup...
    yea it wasnt all that hard, just the left engine mount was in the way and the sway bar had to be ripped out, nothing really major at all, assembly went very fast and smoothly.

sliding it out was a little hassle but its all good ive seen worse. the fitting does have a bit of an angle downwards but its hard to see since the picture is slanted.

yea... ignition timing is a hard nut to crack on mercs without it becoming to expensive and complicated.
    if it starts to knock you can always just try options such as better fuel( not sure on what ur allound in you area?) cooler intake temps through maby water/methonal injection into air charge or onto intercooler, or are you maby thinking water/air intercooler?
    if you can get the charge air cool u shud be ok
    but hey i dont fully know what im talking about
    so if u learn anything about ignition timing adjustment with relative easy let us know (not the lengths paul goes to hehe)

Wots wrong with the standard fuel rail? is it just too small wiht bad flow?
    -Logan-

i would have went with cardboard under the oil pan, as well as instead of using that nice area rug hehe

nice to see you're putting in the wrench time.

What about a SplitSecond MAF unit for making adjustments to timing???? I know this works on the M113 V8's.........
    .....I drive sideways.....
    *98\'C43 Supercharged
    *H&R springs
    *Bilstien Shocks
    *Magnecore race wires
    *Phelonic intake spacers
    *Bosche Clears
    *Custom 3in stainless exhaust
    *Renntech Monolite 18\'s
    *Some other stupid stuff
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/nitrogenbalance/0801.07pics054.jpg

I will be running an Intercooler.

@Proven Guilty, thats a garage rug. its hidious anyway.

... and yes that was some good quality bonding with my M111.

awaiting the charger ... getting impateint because the header is just sitting there and its pissing me off.

Are you saying you will be running an intercooler in order to control timing and or detonation???? Thats kind of an indirect way. Having control over actuall timing would be best. That way if you end up cranking mega boost and the IC can't keep up you can pull timing as neccesary.

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    I will be running an Intercooler.

@Proven Guilty, thats a garage rug. its hidious anyway.

... and yes that was some good quality bonding with my M111.

awaiting the charger ... getting impateint because the header is just sitting there and its pissing me off.
    .....I drive sideways.....
    *98\'C43 Supercharged
    *H&R springs
    *Bilstien Shocks
    *Magnecore race wires
    *Phelonic intake spacers
    *Bosche Clears
    *Custom 3in stainless exhaust
    *Renntech Monolite 18\'s
    *Some other stupid stuff
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/nitrogenbalance/0801.07pics054.jpg

Originally posted by Nitrogenbalance
    Are you saying you will be running an intercooler in order to control timing and or detonation???? Thats kind of an indirect way. Having control over actuall timing would be best. That way if you end up cranking mega boost and the IC can't keep up you can pull timing as neccesary.
    No im just saying, because i think somebody asked if I was going to run an IC.

Just ordered, Intercooler, oil pressure, temperature and boost guages.

Turbo has arrived, will give it a test install next week. Header and turbocharger are both ready. New dump pipe arrived.

Soon to order:
    -2 more Accel 24LB fuel injecters
    -Intercooler piping

pix next week maybe ?

wish me luck ..

Man i wish you all the luck i never got!!...
    hope it goes together without too much hassel!,hows the IC being installed?...pretty sure there aint much room behind that OE bumper
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by 23K
    Man i wish you all the luck i never got!!...
    hope it goes together without too much hassel!,hows the IC being installed?...pretty sure there aint much room behind that OE bumper
    on the bright side paul, i'm just going to move to new zealand and sell my body for your car once you work all the bugs out, that way you'll still get to buy your audi

Ive measured the space I have to work with, and ordered a small intercooler. Ill figure something out it wont be a big deal.

Thanks !

.. and Proven Guilty, you would have to sell your kidneys and your ballsac just to get the intake manifold!

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    Ive measured the space I have to work with, and ordered a small intercooler. Ill figure something out it wont be a big deal.

Thanks !

.. and Proven Guilty, you would have to sell your kidneys and your ballsac just to get the intake manifold!
    nah, i've got a pretty solid idea of what paul's got into his project right now. i've been wrenching for quite some time myself

definatly need to see some pics
    i wish you luck with the next few steps,
    when are you gona let us in with ur secret about what ecu mod you are gona do.

And a bit of advice on the low key:
    stop talking to paul or itl cost you 7 times more than u expected and never get done, and wined up the hole forum with amazing teaser photos
    haha jus jks
    -Logan-