Thread: Is this intake efficient?

Is this intake efficient?

Can anyone think of why this intake is good/bad?

Im thinking of doing a similiar design, but probably with an 'air box' type of design, meaning using sheet metal to block off as much heat as possible.
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

Man that thing gets around,that was the first part i ever made for mine,I shipped that to the US about 6 years ago.
    Gains will be minimal,if anything remake the part from the SC to the original air box so that its not such a sharp bend into the SC =).

Theres alot of decussion on this intake setup on this forum including most others like mbworld,mymbonline etc.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Well this is the end product, It definitley is kind of cramped in there haha, I ended up making a heat shield around the intakes to decrease the heat intake and get as much cool air inside as possible. I feel a massive difference in throttle response. The screaming of the supercharger is louder than my previous makeshift intake.
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |