Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of another Turbo'd C230

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    on the bright side paul, i'm just going to move to new zealand and sell my body for your car once you work all the bugs out, that way you'll still get to buy your audi
    lol im starting to think financially I'd be better off just to give it to you now and buy the Audi

stop talking to paul or itl cost you 7 times more than u expected and never get done, and wined up the hole forum with amazing teaser photos

LOL.....................(has no comeback)
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Yea i realized talking to Paul rubs a little bad luck onto me ... SERIOUSLY - 1st, intercooler was lost in shipping, money was refunded tho, 2nd is on the way just out today. then we have the turbo - came in defective - new parts for it on the way, 3rd we have the oil return fitting - aluminium washer starts leaking and im praying I can go get it just welded up instead of removing the oil pan ALL OVER AGIAN - which in fact the got me sick and off my feet for almost 2 weeks!!!

... so you see, even though im not paying Paul for any of his help - its still costing me!!!

@c280nz, no secrets here about any ECU mods, really tho all I have planned is a Speed innovation chip tuned to work with the turbo closer. im going for a low-boost setup but ill see what that gets me, I know the turbo can put out as much as 25PSI with the boost controller but thats pushing it. I have stock internals here anyway. ill just go for a low-boost setup and leave it at that, since Ive got a new car in mind this summer... as a clue to my next car - Think "No pistons"!

RX-7??
    LOL, well anyway, i think its time to post some pictures, im dieing to see all your work. Lets see some pics of how you made your header?

Originally posted by 23K
    lol im starting to think financially I'd be better off just to give it to you now and buy the Audi

LOL.....................(has no comeback)
    trust me, i'm ok with that!

how much for shipping to 92057?

pictures ya want ehh ? Naw ... i think ill tease you a little, im waiting to bolt it onto the car along with the charger, ill ghetto tube the intake part so I can do a quick test run. all oil/water feeds are done and capped so they are ready to go!

stay tuned ..

Allright, but as soon as you get that all done i really wanna see where you tapped all your lines. Iv also heard that you got a header for another car and made it work??? I really wanna know, you seem to be doing alot less insane stuff than most people. No pistons or intake... LOL
    Nice and simple. But i need some pics, im gunna die here, your really making a turbo look pretty simple.. LOL

Edit: I think i know what header your using!! LOL My extreme investigation continues...

hahaha okay as for your intrest in tapping the oil/water feeds its very simple, Its hard to take a picture for you as its hard to even see the bolt but you have to feel it.

oil feed - like 23K said theres a hex bolt plug near the dipstick - you just go buy a fitting for it and bolt the fittin in its simple. same goes for the water feed they are about a foot apart on the same side of the engine block, I may get a picture of the water feed as its right underneath the header and easy to see.

for more info on the oil/water feeds - search threads that 23K started and go through all of them, I know I did and found alot of useful tips without having to annoy 23K himself with a million and a half stupid questions.

now, my project is very simple, ive never turbo'ed a car before - just a damn Goped LOL thats why im keeping it so simple if it fails - hell with it. the header ive got ... well its VERY close to working with the benz I did have to drill holes in the flange and im still not exactly 100% sure that it will be fine, if not then I have 23K's first header flange and I may have to weld that on and add a little angle to it so its away from the engine mount and the frame. my turbo is a bottom-mount since cops and all that crap - well I just dont want the turbo to hit your eyes as soon as you open the hood of my car. look at the engine bay 23K has, if a cop in Cali sees that - I can get death penalty so that means no bright blue colors just chrome n black!

if you THINK you know where my header originated from, send me a PM ill tell ya if your on the right track. ive givin many many clues

well i thought i knew but i looked at the bolt holes and they dont even come close to matching up. I think im just gunna buy an EVO header and eigither buy that header piece from you or get one made. Then just do some welding.

my bet is an evo turbo and header since they're so similar of size, displacement, and flange shape/bolt pattern

Everything is the same except the bolt pattern.
    The bolts on the Benz are on the sides of the holes, and the Evo has them right above and in between.

See:

and the Evo 8 one:

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    trust me, i'm ok with that!

how much for shipping to 92057?

MarkLand ... I bet you went through my Ebay feedback section and seen all the stuff ive bought didnt you ??

and 23K, see how your manifold has those bolt pins inserted to bolt the TC, well your gonna have a tough time removing those like say 30,000 miles later - they get toasted on and when you go removing them they snap. Ive had that happen many times before at the shop - best way to go is just a bolt/nut on the other ends and no threads in the manifold flange.

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    MarkLand ... I bet you went through my Ebay feedback section and seen all the stuff ive bought didnt you ??
    I just had to find out where your getting your dam header from! LOL, and since your not saying anything i took it upon myself to do a little snooping.

Nosey ...!!

thats what happens when i know people are keeping all these secrets!! LOL

Turbo W202 projects always bring me back to club202!! I will be following you closely. I had the second turbo's W202 here. These cars are so much fun boosted (which car isnt?)

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    and 23K, see how your manifold has those bolt pins inserted to bolt the TC, well your gonna have a tough time removing those like say 30,000 miles later - they get toasted on and when you go removing them they snap. Ive had that happen many times before at the shop - best way to go is just a bolt/nut on the other ends and no threads in the manifold flange.
    ill be slap'n alittle high temp antiseize on there,works well
    (plus theres no room for nuts)

Ok iv finally gone and done it,heres where the oil and potentially where your water feed comes from on the block.

heres where i ran my oil to the sensor mount...

oh sure ... and why couldnt u show me those pictures I had to burn my hand to feel for that hex bung thing and water feed! LoL great pictures and yep thats exactly where I tapped in.

now, a little tease, well all my turbo and stuff is at my cusins house, so I took a little trip over and used his camera for a couple quick pix!

hahaha yeh,about that...you should have been patiant...lol jks,it just so happened i had the manifold out yesturday

looks great!,do you still think that flange will take it?..for a good fit i reckon you will need the one i sent you!...

interseting how they have the two O2 sensor pickups on the manifold,is it because its too hard to have one?,theres no room on the down pipe?,or do they need two for the car it was made for?...or maybe just for tuning purposes?...hmmm

well all my turbo and stuff is at my cusins house, so I took a little trip over and used his camera for a couple quick pix!
    Oh an now im really starting to think Rollin = Remolexi lol

Originally posted by 23K
    Oh an now im really starting to think Rollin = Remolexi lol
    :werd:

I see his W203 thats been hit before.. And the Lexus.. Hehe... Where's his M3?
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    :werd:

I see his W203 thats been hit before.. And the Lexus.. Hehe... Where's his M3?
    this is what i thought all along,its weird how rollingrealbig just randomly stopped posting when remolexi started, also rolling would or showed us pics of his new M3. I think rollin=remo
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

I hypothesized this as well...