Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Beginning of another Turbo'd C230

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    MagnaFlow is installed heres pix,

anyone intrested in a video ?? cmon ... before i pull my engine this monday.
    I want a vid!

After 20Minutes of playing with those bushings - I set the exhuast a little higher then the first two pix so now its sits clean in the cut-out. give the video a few hours or so to process.

VIDEO: PROCESSING!

if you can afford to have the engine out for awhile, you could try install the entire turbo setup before dropping the engine back in. it'd be way faster and then you just slap the bitch back in the bay.

i had a buddy who did this, he fabbed up the entire setup, headers and all, pulled the motor, threw on the turbo, and popped it back in.

I will definatly test fit it but I need much more to buy to do that.

you put the stock wheels back on?

i thought ur car was all messed up from the accident?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

ya the front end is a little underneath ... its not noticable at all but i have vibrations from the front rims being bent.

stock wheels are on since i sold the 17"s and the 19"s need tires which I will get soon because I sold my 17"s.

but i still have to sell tires FOR the 17''s.

hey if your removing the engine it wouldnt be a bad idea to find a haynes manual,so you have all the torque specs etc.

man your starting to sound very serious about removing that engine...and if your going internal i hope it doesnt take as long as its taken me!
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Monday ill be pulling the engine. if all goes well, Ill start her back up that night, Ill work from 7am - 1am no problem.

guys think its possible ? ive got the tools ... engine crane, some ramps, huge box of tools. Hmmaer > most universal tool of all!

ive thought about it - why should i give up huh ? ill just pull the engine out real quick toss it back in no biggie!

then next ill be searching the prices of forged pistons, boring & honing, balancing, port and polish, and all the little things invlolved. Paul, any help on getting forsged pistons ? whats wrong with the 1st and 2nd set of JE pistons ?

yeah i dont see why it cant be done in one day,make sure you have all the torque specs on hand.

i think you should get the low pressure system running before you think about any internal work,TRUST ME!!!=)

alright thats fine! so i guess ill start monday, lets hope the dealer has pan gasket in stock for me ...

alright thats fine! so i guess ill start monday, lets hope the dealer has pan gasket in stock for me ...
    Yeah i went through two new ones also lol

just got my oil pan and good news! I was able to use a lift at my uncles shop, I unbolted the downpipe and it gave me JUST enough room to fit a die-grinder tool ... which I cut that damn nut off with! so next monday, maybe even tomarrow, Ill be replacing the oil pan gasket agian and getting it welded (it has a hairline crack) and test fitting the turbo FINALLY! WooHoo!!

so I dont have to remove my engine ... that is , unless I go through the internals!

Excellent!,thought there must have been a better way!!,get some pics up when you fit that turbo

not so smooth, alright took a jab at it few hours ago at my cousins house,

first things first - heres the remains of the nut i had to rip out LOL.

Header sits nice in there,

I can bolt up the header, but the turbo has serious clearence issues. I messed up somewhere along the line since my measurements where using a stock Evo 8 header not a racing one.

I bearly clear the engine mount - if i even do. but worst of all I need to either lower or relocate the alternator since the housing of the turbo sits so far up front. I can move the air pump underneath it and put the alternator there but I have no idea how the belt will run since its not a good path. I need to think this through some more. in the mean time - the car is ripped apart at my cousins house. I have already taken out the waste-gate for an external one since no way can the internal wastegate actuater fit there as well. Thats that still thinking this over and over. I would really not like to have to make a custom header as this one is very strong and nicely built.

Dont worry,...it was going to happen..no matter how much planning went into it...lol

So you have an air pump...hmm whats that for?...i can only think of self leveling suspension.

Forget shifting the alternator,
    You've come this far...I would sell the evo header and have someone use that flange i sent you to make a mild steel thick wall header...there is no reason why it couldnt be done within a reasonable budget...man i wish i had have had the LHD's huge space down there

ill see what i can find out ...

and oh ya - its some sort of an air pump looking thing ... its not pully driven, and it has power wires to it - judging by the way it looks like an air pump of some sort and it has a screen filter on the side so it must be some sort of pump.

ok, so the holes on the header line up?? How is that possible? I really need some pics here. LOL

It really sucks that cali is so strict, i wanna run my turbo up top to show it off. LOL Good to know that it works though.

the ports line up fine, maybe 3mm off on the far right and 3mm off on the far left. BUT, no way would the turbo bolt right up.

ive removed Engine mount, Alternator all the pipes tubes lines ects. and still the turbo housing is too close to the engine wall and wont let it sit. I need to have a custom header made if i continue the project. if not I may go with an Eaton M62.

I have my car back now all put together so thats goo.d I did make a little video clip throwin up some flames from the header. I may upload it if you guys intrested.

I would really not like to have to make a custom header as this one is very strong and nicely built.
    i would either try stock or get a custom built one.

Aftermarket headers are typically made of a lot thinner material than OEM headers or other cast headers. That is why on a lot of cars that have headers, you get the tick tick tick from the valvetrain that drives you crazy cuz you think it's an exhaust leak.

But more importantly, thick OEM headers or get some nice Custom built headers out of a thick, heavy metal will get nice and hot, and the hot air will spool the turbo up quicker.

just did a quick check, i had a buddy build some headers out of sch 10 stainless. very thick, and stainless, I imagine expensive too. Thick to the point where it doesn't bend, you have to use multiple sections.

well why dont you cut up the evo header and make a top mount turbo, or sell me the header and ill do it. LOL

Markland if you want to buy the project give me an offer,

ill let go of the Evo header, the turbo the dump pipe, 23K's flange, and all the goodies that came with the turbo, such as the stock oil/water lines/ actuater and stuff. I also have new set of gaskets that came with the header set. Ill included a water fitting for the block also. the turbo has just been rebuilt I bought a rebuild kit and then had the CHRA balanced as well.

Make an offer before i change my mind. my next plan is Eaton M62.

Markland if you want to buy the project give me an offer,

ill let go of the Evo header, the turbo the dump pipe, 23K's flange, and all the goodies that came with the turbo, such as the stock oil/water lines/ actuater and stuff. I also have new set of gaskets that came with the header set. Ill included a water fitting for the block also. the turbo has just been rebuilt I bought a rebuild kit and then had the CHRA balanced as well.

Make an offer before i change my mind. my next plan is Eaton M62.
    giving up already?

yea ... for today at least. but still not giving up on forced induction.