Thread: headlight lens partnumber

Lightbulb headlight lens partnumber

Anyone know what the head light lens partnumber is for a 95'? left and right.

I think someone brought up this question recently..
    Well here's your part number 202 820 6366 right lens
    202 820 6466 left lens for your 1995 C280.

Wholesale $124 Retail $99 Dealer $70.68
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Smile

I believe those numbers are for the 97 and up.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...?threadid=1051

My headlights dont have the metal clip.

thanks.

Yours is the standard lens so you're be alright with the same part number for your headlight lens.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Originally posted by JRE320
    I think someone brought up this question recently..
    Well here's your part number 202 820 6366 right lens
    202 820 6466 left lens for your 1995 C280.

Wholesale $124 Retail $99 Dealer $70.68
    On my 99 C280, are the lenses plastic or Glass? Why I am asking is my brother lives in Holland and I've asked him to a quote on european lenses, as I understand they have a better beam pattern.

Thanks,
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

I just replaced my Euro lens a couple of days ago and I'm currently using the OEM lens that's why I'm asking the very easiest way of alignment of beam pattern.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Benzdude:

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

I too have a 95 (C36) and need two lenses but only have the part numbers for the 97 and newer years...the one posted in this thread. I've been told the lenses are, indeed, different.

Sure would love to know what the part numbers are for the 95 are! How quickly we digress in our threads...

Drags

I dont think I ever did.

However, I think bekkers has them for $100.00 / side.

www.bekkers.com. -> search for "lens".

Some good info from a dealer I came across recently:

Discussion does not apply to euro lights or xenons.

For a 1995-1996 W202, you cannot (at least there is no part number) purchase just the headlight lenses (I'm talking about MB parts here). If you want actual MB 1995-1996 parts you have to purchase the whole headlight unit, and that unit includes the yellow corners whether you want them or not.

However, you can purchase only the headlight lenses for W202 1997 and up. But, those lenses have a different spread pattern than the spread pattern used in 95 and 96. Therefore, it is not advisable to put 97 and up lenses on your 95 or 96 headlight assemblies. The light pattern will not be projected as intended by MB.

Alternatives if you have a 95 or 96 and don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on new 1995-96 headlight assemblies (which inlcude the corners):

1. Purchase new 97 and up headlight assemblies (not just the lenses - see above). They are much much less expensive than the 95 and 96 units because the 97 and up assemblies are available without the corners, unlike the 95 and 96 assemblies. And, of course, they will fit the 95 and 96 W202 models just fine.

If, after purchasing and installing the 97 and up headlight units in your 95 or 96 W202, you crack a lens, you now have the ability to purchase only the MB 97 and up headlight lens, instead of the entire assembly. Bottom line: If you have a 95 or 96 and want new headlight assemblies, buy the 97 and up assemblies without the corners. If you buy the 95-96 assemblies and a lens cracks again, you are back at square one and that much poorer.

2. If you don't want new assemblies at all, apparently Bekkers sells aftermarket non-DOT approved lenses for the 95 and 96 W202 for @$100 per lens.

I have a cracked lens in my 95 C36 and intend on ordering a pair (so they match) of lenses from Bekkers. If they suck, I'll let y'all know.

Somewhat confusing but...
    Hope this helps!

They don't suck!

Originally posted by MBDragracer
    They don't suck!

so did you buy and install the bekker lenses? did you have any problems with the install? any pics?

thanks,
    benzdude

I did buy the Bekkers lenses and eventually installed them successfully.

Check this link:

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...&threadid=4427

anybody still need replacement headlights/lenses for their pre-'97 w202? i happen to have an extra set...

shortly after i bought my '96 c36, i stumbled upon a set of glass headlight units from a '99 w202 in brand new condition. the seller upgraded to oem xenons right after he bought his car. i figured i could use his old glass lens housings in my '96 and possibly even retrofit them with aftermarket xenon bulbs, since the beam dispersion would likely be nicer with the glass lenses. might not be the totally right way to do things, but it sounded good enough for me. not to mention i would be saving around $650 over upgrading to the $1350 oem xenon kit after buying the housings and aftermarket xenon setup.

it sounded like such a great plan, but its been a year and i never got around to putting them in. i got the part numbers for the newer headlight harnesses to put them in (theyre only like $5 each side), and i even sourced a pair of the oem updated trim panels that go under the headlights where the headlight wipers are (yes, it is a little bit different. the clips that connect to the bottom of the headlight units are just a little different than the '95-'96 ones). should be a straight forward install, but i just havent set aside the time to do it.

if anybody wants it, i would be willing to sell the entire '97+ glass lens headlight apparatus (including the trim pieces that i had professionally painted and all bulbs intact) for $450. that is less than i paid for it all, since i remember paying around $350 for the headlight units and somewhere around $100+$50 for the two lower trim pieces and the paint work. go to the dealership and drop $10 for the two harnesses, and you have everything you need to bolt these puppies up. in total, you would have spent less than you would to replace the pre-'97 plastic lens headlights, and you will have the convenience of cheap replaceable glass lenses if they ever happen to crack or chip ever again.

OR...

if anybody wants to give me $300 for my stock '96 headlight units, it will give me a reason to get off my lazy ass and go through with the glass headlight install. they are in excellent condition, with no cracks or chips at all. all bulbs work fine, and i will even throw in the stock corners if you want them. they sell for $400 each side if you buy them new, so i think my price is pretty fair.

i am located in san francisco proper, but i will be moving down to orange county for school around the 18th, so i could arrange local delivery/pick-up if you are anywhere in the bay area or orange county, or anywhere along the 5 freeway between the two. if you arent, i can ship them via UPS or USPS for whatever they charge.

if you are interested or have any questions, please email me at abwoo@hotmail.com for the fastest response.