anybody still need replacement headlights/lenses for their pre-'97 w202? i happen to have an extra set...

shortly after i bought my '96 c36, i stumbled upon a set of glass headlight units from a '99 w202 in brand new condition. the seller upgraded to oem xenons right after he bought his car. i figured i could use his old glass lens housings in my '96 and possibly even retrofit them with aftermarket xenon bulbs, since the beam dispersion would likely be nicer with the glass lenses. might not be the totally right way to do things, but it sounded good enough for me. not to mention i would be saving around $650 over upgrading to the $1350 oem xenon kit after buying the housings and aftermarket xenon setup.

it sounded like such a great plan, but its been a year and i never got around to putting them in. i got the part numbers for the newer headlight harnesses to put them in (theyre only like $5 each side), and i even sourced a pair of the oem updated trim panels that go under the headlights where the headlight wipers are (yes, it is a little bit different. the clips that connect to the bottom of the headlight units are just a little different than the '95-'96 ones). should be a straight forward install, but i just havent set aside the time to do it.

if anybody wants it, i would be willing to sell the entire '97+ glass lens headlight apparatus (including the trim pieces that i had professionally painted and all bulbs intact) for $450. that is less than i paid for it all, since i remember paying around $350 for the headlight units and somewhere around $100+$50 for the two lower trim pieces and the paint work. go to the dealership and drop $10 for the two harnesses, and you have everything you need to bolt these puppies up. in total, you would have spent less than you would to replace the pre-'97 plastic lens headlights, and you will have the convenience of cheap replaceable glass lenses if they ever happen to crack or chip ever again.

OR...

if anybody wants to give me $300 for my stock '96 headlight units, it will give me a reason to get off my lazy ass and go through with the glass headlight install. they are in excellent condition, with no cracks or chips at all. all bulbs work fine, and i will even throw in the stock corners if you want them. they sell for $400 each side if you buy them new, so i think my price is pretty fair.

i am located in san francisco proper, but i will be moving down to orange county for school around the 18th, so i could arrange local delivery/pick-up if you are anywhere in the bay area or orange county, or anywhere along the 5 freeway between the two. if you arent, i can ship them via UPS or USPS for whatever they charge.

if you are interested or have any questions, please email me at abwoo@hotmail.com for the fastest response.