Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Suspension Project

My New Suspension Project

So, after much debate as to what I was going to do with my car next, I have decided to take it one step further and do something I have yet to see on a W202 before. I will be doing a 2 pump 4 dump hydraulic setup.

Now I know the performance guys are going to say that I have committed sacrilege for this, but basically here are my reasons for going this route:

1.) I want the adjustability (and I will never have to worry about scraping, rubbing, or uneven tire wear ever again).

2.) Ride will be better than stock (via accumulators)

3.) Come on? How gangsta is a Juiced Benz? :beard:

Now to the guys who will say that I have lost all the handling and performance of my car, I have had an epiphany: my car is slow, it will continue to be slow, and that is something I have to live with...

Basically, I have decided to do hydraulics over an air bag setup (because of my lack of welder for fabricating mounts - not to mention much more knowledge in the hydraulic field), and I will keep you guys posted as I make the journey. I am expecting to have this project done by April, and expect the car to easily tuck 2" of rim all the way around

Here is my car for reference:

who shot a hole in my sombrero:beard:
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by jnolte

Re: My New Suspension Project

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    So, after much debate as to what I was going to do with my car next, I have decided to take it one step further and do something I have yet to see on a W202 before. I will be doing a 2 pump 4 dump hydraulic setup.

Now I know the performance guys are going to say that I have committed sacrilege for this, but basically here are my reasons for going this route:

1.) I want the adjustability (and I will never have to worry about scraping, rubbing, or uneven tire wear ever again).

2.) Ride will be better than stock (via accumulators)

3.) Come on? How gangsta is a Juiced Benz? :beard:

Now to the guys who will say that I have lost all the handling and performance of my car, I have had an epiphany: my car is slow, it will continue to be slow, and that is something I have to live with...

Basically, I have decided to do hydraulics over an air bag setup (because of my lack of welder for fabricating mounts - not to mention much more knowledge in the hydraulic field), and I will keep you guys posted as I make the journey. I am expecting to have this project done by April, and expect the car to easily tuck 2" of rim all the way around

That's great man! Always good to see people taking risks and going way out there with their cars. I know you know what you're doing so good luck with it, man! Keep us posted on the progress!

I think you and 714 are perhaps like the nicest guys I have ever met in my life...thanks for the kind words...I'll definitely keep you posted Leonard!

as soon as i get some more cash im gna go airbag, talked to a guy from airbagit.com good site nice guy i wanna do the plug n play kit

unless the hydraulics r cheaper, how much urs gna cost ya?

Originally posted by ron
    as soon as i get some more cash im gna go airbag, talked to a guy from airbagit.com good site nice guy i wanna do the plug n play kit

On our cars, there is no such thing as a plug and play kit...that is why I am doing hydraulics instead (that is my major reason). To get the bags to fit, you have to fabricate bag mounts, and then once that is done, you need to fabricate new shock mounts, so there is a fair amount of fabrication required.

Everything brand new is going to cost me around $1400, and that is for brand new stuff. I am having my brother help me install it (he has done well over two dozen installs), and that right there is saving me a lot of money.

that's going to look real fresh man!

lewda
    scrappie scrape scrape...always tight to see the sparks fly, haha

Originally posted by jnolte
    HAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Originally posted by lewda
    scrappie scrape scrape...always tight to see the sparks fly, haha
    haha no draggin with my baby...just an occasional three wheel or pancacke to side to impress the ladies

OG Moderator
    No accusations of sacrilege here - it's great to see members try new things and take risks - love custom/new stuff. Props to you for going this route, and can't wait to see the results in pics, and hopefully in person. It's going to be fly, man, just fly . . .

Originally posted by Luwin1026
    No accusations of sacrilege here - it's great to see members try new things and take risks - love custom/new stuff. Props to you for going this route, and can't wait to see the results in pics, and hopefully in person. It's going to be fly, man, just fly . . .
    wow...thanks man! I'm really feelin' the love from you guys...I thought I was going to be bashed to death...I really feel like part of the 202 brotherhood :bunny: and you bet your ass it will be fly!

hydros, sounds like it should be interesting, good luck man cant wait to see it

lewda
    hell yeah, ive always thought hydros were kinda cool, always tight to just pull up next to someone at the light, perferably a lady, and just drop the thing, haha, thats always the silly cool...

OG Moderator
    Hey let me know when you install it I want to see... maybe I can even be of help... Awesome news!
    Got BRABUS?

Originally posted by 714guy
    Hey let me know when you install it I want to see... maybe I can even be of help... Awesome news!
    When I install them, I will never have to fear scraping that beautiful front bumper of mine ...do you want to see it as it's being installed? My brother and I have it pretty much under control, but you're more than welcome to hang with us while we do it if you want. If not, you'll be the first person I show it to you when I finish Jason!

Originally posted by lewda
    hell yeah, ive always thought hydros were kinda cool, always tight to just pull up next to someone at the light, perferably a lady, and just drop the thing, haha, thats always the silly cool...
    exactly!

Just to show you guys Hydraulics are not only for Mexican lowriders, check out my buddy Aaron's ride for sell - definitely one of my inspiration cars:

and here is brother's car from ten years ago now...still looks awesome even today...

Yousaid it wont be plug and play but if its not then why did the guy from airbagit.com tell me they had a regular kit formy car and a plug and play kit?

Originally posted by ron
    Yousaid it wont be plug and play but if its not then why did the guy from airbagit.com tell me they had a regular kit formy car and a plug and play kit?
    I went and looked at the site...it seems that he does make brackets for our car (rear only according to the website), but they must still be welded into the car (I don't have a welder). Now he may have an "air-rod" (or air cylinders as they are also called) kit for our cars (that would be considered plug and play), but I personally don't like air-rod suspension because it does not go low enough for me.

Alright so If I wanted to do hydraulics how hard would it be for me since I dont have your brother?

Originally posted by ron
    Alright so If I wanted to do hydraulics how hard would it be for me since I dont have your brother?
    I would not reccomend doing it if you have no knowledge of them.

Originally posted by ron

lol.
    airbagit.com, AIM, chassistech, truckin.com, etc.
    Those are all the BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY in the world. They have horrible products, horrible customer service, and a horrible owner.

Their products are known for not working, breaking, and being complete pieces of shit.

They are the biggest NO-NO in the truckin' industry, which is where air suspensions reign king.

PLEEEEAAAAASE never consider them again. Do a search and you'll see all the lawsuits, all the websites, and all the name changes.

hey man, I found some photos on my computer, might give you some idea! don't know if they are bagged or hydro though: