Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secret Modification almost ready :) , WOW

Originally posted by LiVn_It_UP
    Can't wait.. out of curiosity what's going to be out first the header/headers for the m104 or the pulley??

i'm down for both just let me know when there done.. also interested on whatever else you build for the m104
    Pulley b/c it applies to all model year M104s (unlike 230k pulleys which changed from 98-00 & 00-02). M104 is actually going to make the most gains on any of my pulley designs belive it or not (even maybe more than E55K motors). The M104 stock pulley design is garbage so the gains could be upwards of 15-20 whee l HP if its light enough (i know almost unbelievable).

sign me up for #1 spot on the 104
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    Pulley b/c it applies to all model year M104s (unlike 230k pulleys which changed from 98-00 & 00-02). M104 is actually going to make the most gains on any of my pulley designs belive it or not (even maybe more than E55K motors). The M104 stock pulley design is garbage so the gains could be upwards of 15-20 whee l HP if its light enough (i know almost unbelievable).
    can't wait...

when do you expect the m104 pulley and m104 header to be done??

Originally posted by LiVn_It_UP
    can't wait...

when do you expect the m104 pulley and m104 header to be done??
    M104 pulley in 1-2 months tops, headers probably won't be done till summer time for production. Im trying to work my fastest but its not easy beating the big dog tuners at their own game, takes time & $$$$. Have no fear Omeyhomey is hear

i posted something about this at mercedesforum.com and if anyone else has already...oops
    1999 C280 Black
    50/35/20 tint
    painted trim

Originally posted by snead888
    i posted something about this at mercedesforum.com and if anyone else has already...oops
    Hello sneed,

thanks for the help but no need to spread it just yet. Let me get things finalized before the word gets spread. Try and spread word about the 230K headers but for pulleys don't say anything yet

Consider me group buy member #2

This will work well on my 99 C280 I've been looking for some more performance without breaking the bank!

I can't wait!

group buy # 3 here. its cool i can buy these first and than have time to save some cash for the headers. so about the pricing how much are we talking here?? 500 + or 1000+???im down for shure just have to now an estimate to be ready
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

im interested as well lets us know ur prices

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    sign me up for #2 spot on the 104

Smile

Put me down for GB #4!!

Do you think it would be possible to do a DIY? I don't see very man here on this forum.

Originally posted by chewiguy
    Put me down for GB #4!!

Do you think it would be possible to do a DIY? I don't see very man here on this forum.
    well technically all it takes is removing 1 bolt, thats it. You will need a breaker bar, a crankpulley holder (or an impact air gun to remove the bolt), and a precise torque wrench. its that simple. You even use your stock belts. I made this mod as simple and easy as humanly possible so any avg mechanic should be able to do it with the right tools. Hope that helps. From a technical standpoint I give it about a 3/10. From a physical labor standpoint probably a 5/10. Its not really that hard at all. You just have to make sure you torque it down properly.

update:

C280 & C43 will look very similar to that pulley just different dimensions. same with M104. similar design

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210...ft-pulley.html

thx

Originally posted by chewiguy
    Put me down for GB #4!!

Problem is the Tq spec, its like 300ft lbs, its not a run of the mill tq wrench, you will need to rent one most likely...

update:

C280 & C43 will look very similar to that pulley just different dimensions. same with M104. similar design

thx
    I assume my M104 E320 motor will be fine too? Its in a c280

Originally posted by RacerXofFL
    Problem is the Tq spec, its like 300ft lbs, its not a run of the mill tq wrench, you will need to rent one most likely...
    its not 300ft lbs. Torque Spec on the MB crank pulley is 150ft lbs. Only BMW really goes up that high on their crank bolt torque specs. you cannot exceed 150 ft lbs on the pulley. Steel bends, aluminum does not, it would break under those stress loads (and it will also violate your warranty if you do not install properly).

My Manual says 300Nm,maybe that was what he ment?...
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

i'm all over a set of pulleys for a C230K. i would REALLY like another mild overboost pulley, similar to the ASP remachined stocker.

Originally posted by 23K
    My Manual says 300Nm,maybe that was what he ment?...
    ah yup, I rember we had to go get a real impact to get our out in the c280 motor swap, we broke a 1/2 breaker bar etc etc, heated it up w/a torch it was nutts, and that was motor out, given it can be easy, it can also be a a real bitch

its not 300ft lbs. Torque Spec on the MB crank pulley is 150ft lbs. Only BMW really goes up that high on their crank bolt torque specs. you cannot exceed 150 ft lbs on the pulley. Steel bends, aluminum does not, it would break under those stress loads (and it will also violate your warranty if you do not install properly).
    I made a few Tq spec mistakes in the motor swap, includin over tq'ing the pressure plate bolts, and snapped one off inside the flywheel.

cheers

Originally posted by RacerXofFL
    I made a few Tq spec mistakes in the motor swap, includin over tq'ing the pressure plate bolts, and snapped one off inside the flywheel.

cheers

what a pain in the ass that would be.
    at least u could take it out and fix it on the bench, id hate to imagine doing that on a flyhwheel - crank bolt

Omeyhomey you have the view that since i have a lightweight single-mass flywheel that i shouldnt use one of these aswell as it would become too light etc? is this correct or do you think i could get away with using one of these on my m104 aswell?
    -I have alot of respect for you work now and your oppinion as you seem to know your stuff
    -Logan-

Originally posted by c280nz

what a pain in the ass that would be.
    at least u could take it out and fix it on the bench, id hate to imagine doing that on a flyhwheel - crank bolt

Omeyhomey you have the view that since i have a lightweight single-mass flywheel that i shouldnt use one of these aswell as it would become too light etc? is this correct or do you think i could get away with using one of these on my m104 aswell?
    -I have alot of respect for you work now and your oppinion as you seem to know your stuff
    Hey logan,

Originally I said no because I was not intending to do a harmonic dampenened pulley but honestly now I don't see why it wouldn't be safe. I cannot garentee it but I know M3 guys who have run lightweight crank AND flywheels and those pulleys were NOT harmonic dampened. Honestly I think its totally safe. As you can tell by the sound clip i made of the comparison between HD and nonHD pulleys, almost zero harmonics exist with my pulley. Infact, on your car it would be a pretty rediculous combination, I can't imagine how quick your motor will rev . Harmonics are are what tend to make things go bad over time but I think it should be ok. If you have a sprung hub clutch and this pulley I don't see why not.

I hope that helps.

the torque for the M111 crankshaft pulley bolt it 221lbs.
    Silver 99c230k

*supersprint header(in process)
    *Remus full sound turbo cat-back exhaust(custom)
    *K+N performance filter
    *Avantgard grill

Originally posted by REMUS
    the torque for the M111 crankshaft pulley bolt it 221lbs.

The torque for the C280 and C43 is 150ft lb. But also it is important to remember that the torque required is directly related to the mass of the pulley itself. The heavier the pulley the more torque required to ensure it stays on the crankshaft at high rpms. The M111 pulley is heavier (and also has a supercharger belt groove) therefore more torque. 150ft lbs should be the maximum you'd ever need on a aluminum pulley that is over 60% lighter than stock.

Thx for the tips though, its good to know.

Tuner/Vendor
    Racerx has real issues with nm/tq
    www.Turbobenz.com
    1987 MB 190E - Project M104 (For Sale)
    2005 Subaru WRX - The Daily
    Shop car -
    1996 MB C280 - 5 speed/3.27 LSD/3.2L M104 swap