Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: retrofit projector into aftermarket housing

retrofit projector into aftermarket housing

hey i'm about to start a custom retrofiting of the s2000 projectors into the ebay headlights that has the projector foglights but regular low/high beams. Has anyone tried this before? i'm wondering how hard it is to take off the lens. would baking these headlights do the job to take off the lens? i want to know what i'm getting myself into before i start this project.

There are aftermarket headlights with projectors already in them, but if you want the s2k projectors then go ahead.
    1997 C280 Sport

yeah i know but i dont like the way they look. the cut off line looks really bad. also the ones i'm talking about are these ones
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-00...QQcmdZViewItem
    but they only have projectors for the fogs.

definately retro fit, i'd be curious to see how well it flows.

yeah, i agree. ALL aftermarket projector housings at the moment suck because their all chinese or taiwanese made.. i dont understand why brands like FK or HELLA won't make any projectors for us
    guess the 202's are too old.
    1995 W202 C220 | 50,xxxkm | From Burgundy Red, to 650 Calcite White | H&R Cup Kit | 18" 8.5 & 9.5 Work Varianza T1S, 18" 8.5 & 10 AMG Monoblock | Falken 452 | Avantgarde Grill | Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H1 & H3 | Goodridge SS lines | R1 Drilled & Slotted Rotors | K&N 57i CAI | Remus Exhaust

Originally posted by yusuke280
    definately retro fit, i'd be curious to see how well it flows.

yeah, i agree. ALL aftermarket projector housings at the moment suck because their all chinese or taiwanese made.. i dont understand why brands like FK or HELLA won't make any projectors for us
    guess the 202's are too old.
    Yeah but they can go screw themselves... or visit this site and change their mind
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

yeh the cut off of the ebay projectors are bad. i've seen some with like a curved cut off line and it's not even sharp. and we all know s2k projectors produce a sweet cutoff line. hopefully it won't be too much of a problem to take off those lens.

with the s2k projectors i will be losing my high beam. I don't use high beam or fogs often but which one should i keep? I can turn the foglight position of aftermarket headlights to high beam or i can leave it as foglights. What do you guys think?

sneak peek at what i have so far. still a lot more to do. let me know what you think.

the blue is the reflection of my tv. the headlights aren't blue. I had to scrap the original plan of s2k projectors for these bmw projectors because i wanted to keep my high beams. these are bixenon. also they were free for me

lookin good bish...now make me a set!

here's some more pictures. again, they're not completely done. i have to aim the lights and mount it properly then seal them back up.

let me know what you think guys. I'm still waiting on my HID kit to come so i can't test and aim it yet. but the cutoff line is pretty good. not as great as the s2k but still better than stock. so i'm happy for now haha.

Love it, wanna trade for my stockers .

Make some halos for the projectors! That would be very unique!
    1997 C280 Sport

lol. i would never put halos in my car. sorry. i have the halos also but i don't want to put it in a mercedes. The way i see it is..halos first originated from BMW and should stay in the BMWs. i love my mercedes and proud of it =D. i love bmws also but i wouldn't put the halo into my mercedes. also its been done before by rollinbig i think.

Ok, just a suggestion... Yea, rollinrealbig had them on his car which now is RemoLexi's
    1997 C280 Sport

thanks for the suggestion. I would love to make it stand out more. but i was thinking of something more along the lines of a ccfl tubing to make my housing glow a little bit.

eh, honestly its TOO much imo. hats off to the effort involved though. i agree that they need to simply make projectors for low beams instead of fogs only.

I really dont think its too much, its round on both sides inside anyway so why not pjs? Also it looks very OEM. I dont know whats going on in the back though, but I really like it from the pics. Good work bro!
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

thanks for all the comments. i appreciate it. =] i will have pictures up of the cutoff when i'm done. I've modded the projectors for the blue cutoff line. i just love it. i'm going to be running 8000k hella HIDs for my low/high beams. and it's not that much work. It's a little project so i do things slowly and just have fun with it. its pretty easy to do.

looks great, love the fact that its bixenon too, good work

omg that looks perfect.
    ive been waiting so long for someone to do this.
    1995 W202 C220 | 50,xxxkm | From Burgundy Red, to 650 Calcite White | H&R Cup Kit | 18" 8.5 & 9.5 Work Varianza T1S, 18" 8.5 & 10 AMG Monoblock | Falken 452 | Avantgarde Grill | Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H1 & H3 | Goodridge SS lines | R1 Drilled & Slotted Rotors | K&N 57i CAI | Remus Exhaust

thanks for all the comments. i'm taking my time to make this perfect. Also i'm backed up on a little cash right now. I need to get a new D2S HID kit to aim these projectors before i mount them properly. Trying to get rid of my H4 HID kit from before to buy the new kit. I'm sorry for the delay. but when i get some money in i'll finish it up and show pictures of the cut off. Also i'll be at meets and going to detail the car for a quick photoshoot. if it all goes well i can help others with retrofiting their own projectors if needed. just ask me and i'll help out with what i can

just aimed the projectors last night and sealed them up. i will be getting my new 8000k hid set in about an hour or so, then i will install everything back on my car and take pictures for you guys. here's a few test photos from last night.

this is the foglight's cutoff, it's 2500k yellow. sorta like jdm yellow because i can't see shit at night when it's foggy with my hids

here's a picture with both my low beams and fogs on

the cutoff of the low beam (modified for blue hue)

cutoff going alongside the wall

car parked about 50ft away, shows the blue hue on the truck.

closeup of the blue cutoff line

let me know what you think, i'll have daytime pictures of the lights so you can see what they look like on the car when i'm done.

So...did I mention you're making these for me...because you are. Looks incredible! I am so jealous...although I do have a sexy pair of HIDs in my car right now , but these headlights would look so smooth on this front end, though.

The result is fantastic! Weldone dude, post some more day pics to better c it on your car. And OCklasse man, when are you gonna paint your bumper?! Its been like that a long time... Post pics too.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

Originally posted by NEA-4311
    The result is fantastic! Weldone dude, post some more day pics to better c it on your car. And OCklasse man, when are you gonna paint your bumper?! Its been like that a long time... Post pics too.
    once I get my hydraulics in, I am going to paint the bumper (I don't drive around like that, dude!)