Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: retrofit projector into aftermarket housing

So you gonna make like 5 of these for the member s that want them right . Pleeeeeeaaaase. Very cool man, I will deff attempt this sometime.

new pictures as of tonight with the crystal clear corners in. i will have my car detailed soon by ocklasse and then i'll have a photoshoot with a real camera. these were all from my camera phone. also i have the new 8000k d2s hid kit in now. for the fogs i'm running 2500k yellow lights.

looks fuckign nice

but whoa

waht kinda bulbs do u have in the corners? ?

these pictures are driving me crazy...name your price, and it's done!

haha they're not for sale. cost me a lot of money and time to make these. i love them, they're my babies =] but i'd be glad to help you make your own if you want.

here are some day time pictures for you guys

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Photo-0097.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Photo-0098.jpg

i've decided to put eyebrows back on my car. i need a good place to put it on so it's flush. the last place didn't do such a good job. any recommendations? i have the eyebrows, just need a place to install it

i love my lights but honestly it was a LOT of work. the high beams didn't work, because i forgot that the low beam shuts off when you flip it into high beam, because of this the shutter moves but my hids go out. so i had to come up with a relay that connected the two and now it works. i got my projectors for free so it was a little bit cheaper to retrofit it in there. but if they weren't, this project would've been around 1000+ to finish. the headlights off ebay were 250, HID kit was 300, projectors would've been like 300, relay was like only 20 for two, then i need the sealant, shrouds cost like 50-90. and then there were all these other little things like the wiring and nuts and bolts. my 2500k foglight bulbs cost 40 dollars, clear corners were 30 i think and the led bulb was 20. and that completed my front lights.

daytime pictures were updated on page 2.

well...I call dibs when time comes to sell your car!!!

haha. i love my lights. it's so much more beautiful in person. the blue cutoff is just amazing. i'm still looking for a good shop to put on my eyebrows. because from what i know the eyebrows aren't a perfect fit and you would have to use a heat gun to mold it to fit perfectly. the last place i had it done at didn't please me. any recommendations? or if anyone think they can do it let me know.

Originally posted by vcruiser
    looks fuckign nice

but whoa

waht kinda bulbs do u have in the corners? ?
    sorry i didnt see this post earlier. for the bulbs in my clear corners i have the extemely white 45 LED bulbs. i'm planning of changing them soon though. getting rid of those and my rear turn signals too.

by getting rid of, do u mean replacing, or not having any turn signals at all.. if so, what you are you thinking of putting?

yeah i'll be replacing them with the mirror chrome bulbs that light up amber.

bish0p, which one is the high beam? Did you use a Bi-xenon HID kit?

Did you have any problems with the HID kit? Like some members here have the cluster go out and things like that...
    1997 C280 Sport

hay just woundering how did you take the lends off those headlights and can you give me an honest opinon i would like to take the projectors out of this one.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...11/project.jpg

and put them on the low beam side of these ones

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...1/project2.jpg

but dont know how and f the projector produces a good light on the ground if you kinda get what im sayin. man i wish i had yours man you should really think of copywriting them man ill buy them in a hart beat. there is no good looking aftermarket ones. O and one more question why s2k headlights
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

the projectors in the first link you have isn't all that great. the light output is very poor. with projectors what you look for is a good cutoff line. and the s2k projectors produce the sharpest cutoff line out there.

http://img127.exs.cx/img127/2544/img04703rx.jpg

here's the s2k cutoff. it's just beautiful. I ended up not going with them though because i wanted to keep my high beam. I don't see why you would want to take that projector out to put into the second headlight. if i'm reading it correctly you're going to put it into the same spot that it was in before? The pictures that i posted of the yellow beam is the small projector that you're asking about. it's nothing compared to the bmw projector that i have as the low/high beam. and the headlight that you have in the first link is what i used to make my headlights. i just added a bmw projector to the outter light spot

oh yeah. and to take off the lens it's extremely easy. you just heat up the outter edge and it'll come off. or you can bake the headlights

i'm sorry 97c280. i didnt see your post earlier. i missed it somehow. the cluster go out? what do you mean? like the lights out warning light goes on? i dont exactly know yet because i have my 3rd brake light taken out so it always shows that light for me. I have bi-xenon projectors. the inner projector is the fog and the outter is low/high beam. i've never had any problems with the HID kits i get from HIDynamic, neither does my friends

edit: i had an 8000k H4 HID kit in my car before and never got any check lights or any problems.

Originally posted by bish0p
    the projectors in the first link you have isn't all that great. the light output is very poor. with projectors what you look for is a good cutoff line. and the s2k projectors produce the sharpest cutoff line out there.

http://img127.exs.cx/img127/2544/img04703rx.jpg

here's the s2k cutoff. it's just beautiful. I ended up not going with them though because i wanted to keep my high beam. I don't see why you would want to take that projector out to put into the second headlight. if i'm reading it correctly you're going to put it into the same spot that it was in before? The pictures that i posted of the yellow beam is the small projector that you're asking about. it's nothing compared to the bmw projector that i have as the low/high beam. and the headlight that you have in the first link is what i used to make my headlights. i just added a bmw projector to the outter light spot

oh yeah. and to take off the lens it's extremely easy. you just heat up the outter edge and it'll come off. or you can bake the headlights

ouu that s2k cutoff is sexy

i get it i get it
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

yeah that's why people use s2k projectors. they're the best ones out there.

Looks real good. What bimmer model did you get those proj. from? E39?

You dont have any pics from the backside of the housing while you were working with them? (progress pics)
    2004 E200T Kompressor 359 tansanitblau
    1996 C230 Kompressor 189 Smaragdschwarz
    1992 300TE-24 249 Mallachit
    1987 190E 702 Rauchsilber
    1984 190 568 Signalrot

i'm still working on the back. it looks bad right now. just need to clean it up and paint the back black to match the headlight housing.

i didn't use a 5 series projector. it was off a 7 series

Nice, was it the E38-series or a newer one?

Curious to see how you mounted the projector inside the housing.
    2004 E200T Kompressor 359 tansanitblau
    1996 C230 Kompressor 189 Smaragdschwarz
    1992 300TE-24 249 Mallachit
    1987 190E 702 Rauchsilber
    1984 190 568 Signalrot

it's the 2007 7-series

on the projector i have 4 bolts come out cuz of the mod i did to get the blue cut off line. then i cut the aftermarket housing a little so the end of the projector could go through. and then put bondo on the bolts that went through the plastic on the aftermarket housing after i held it in place with nuts. then i put bondo on the back of the housing so there aren't any gaps

Hey bishop, did you also replace the projector that was already in there? How hard would it be to replace that projector? Do you have any pics of the inside of the light housing? thanks!

hi drm. I didn't replace the projector for the fogs. it doesn't look too difficult to replace it. but it'd be difficult to find one that size that would fit in there. i did have pictures of the inside somewhere. but its been so long. i'll try to find them. I didn't replace that projector because it's good enough for foglights, just not bright enough to be headlights. i point my fogs downward so it doesnt really need to project that far.