Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: retrofit projector into aftermarket housing

Originally posted by bish0p
    hi drm. I didn't replace the projector for the fogs. it doesn't look too difficult to replace it. but it'd be difficult to find one that size that would fit in there. i did have pictures of the inside somewhere. but its been so long. i'll try to find them. I didn't replace that projector because it's good enough for foglights, just not bright enough to be headlights. i point my fogs downward so it doesnt really need to project that far.
    Hey man that's cool, I am having problems with my projector fog lights with H3 hids behind them, they are not really that bright when you are behind the wheel but they seem to throw out a huge amount of glare and the cut off line is in the trees at like 30 metres, here are some pics of how the h3 projector performs with a h3 HID globe behind it:

the H3 hid is behind this headlight projector same as yours:

I also couldn't manage to direct the lights down more than 1 / 2 cm, which is nothing, the beam needs to be atleast 1/2 - 1 foot down from where it is at the moment in those wall / cut off pics.

In essence the aftermarket projector lenses are crap, same with the screws that "allow" you to move the beam, how did you manage to angle them down so much? Or are your fogs the same as mine?

wow your lights are really high. I aimed mine down a lot. what you can try to do is loosen the bolts holding the headlight in and try to tilt the whole thing down. I only use those projectors for foglights. They're really not bright enough for low beams. I use the same projector as you for the fogs but then.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Photo-0074.jpg

this is my low beam.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Photo-0059.jpg
    that's my fog beam

when i turn on my high beams they are as bright as that last picture you have of your beams. and it's even higher than that.

also it looks like you're parked really close to the wall..you should try 20-25ft away from the wall. I like to park parallel to a wall too. Because the cut off on the sides should be almost straight. It shouldn't really slope up. I should be going down a bit but not too much. It should be horizontal.

check page 2 for some of the pictures.

Originally posted by bish0p
    wow your lights are really high. I aimed mine down a lot. what you can try to do is loosen the bolts holding the headlight in and try to tilt the whole thing down. I only use those projectors for foglights. They're really not bright enough for low beams. I use the same projector as you for the fogs but then.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Photo-0074.jpg

this is my low beam.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...Photo-0059.jpg
    that's my fog beam

when i turn on my high beams they are as bright as that last picture you have of your beams. and it's even higher than that.

also it looks like you're parked really close to the wall..you should try 20-25ft away from the wall. I like to park parallel to a wall too. Because the cut off on the sides should be almost straight. It shouldn't really slope up. I should be going down a bit but not too much. It should be horizontal.
    haha man I can't believe how low your fog light beam is, I think I have the headlight sitting nice and straight but I guess I can try and move it down and see how it looks, i'll post up again once I have messed with it a bit.

try to mess with it with the lights turned on. There should be one screw near the grill and two screws by the corner light. loosen the bottom screw by the corner light and try to tilt it down. then tighten it again. It should direct your beam down. Yeah my fogs are low. that's how it's supposed to be. it's just a couple inches lower than the low beam. it slopes down gradually as it gets farther from the car. hope that helps.

cheers mate i'll have a look tomorrow!

if you need any more help just let me know. glad to help

Bishop: What did you mod in your projectors to get that blue cutoff line?

Thanks.

that's the washer mod. i don't recommend doing that. my cutoff isn't the sharpest. it looks really nice and cool but it doesn't give you the best cut off because the blue just blends in and it doesn't give me a great cutoff. You can still see a cutoff but the cutoff isn't sharp like an s2k or anything. But that's just because i modded a 7 series projector. if i modded the stanley s2k or tsx projectors then it'll still be sharp but whenever you mod with the washers it gets duller. the more blue the less sharp your cutoff is.