Thread: AMG exhaust on my c230k

AMG exhaust on my c230k

Just wondering if a c43/c36 muffler and exhaust tips would directly bolt onto my 2000 c230k exhaust?
    I saw a chopped off c43 exhaust on Craigslist one time and was wondering if any modification was needed.

Re: AMG exhaust on my c230k

Originally posted by 69chevelle
    Just wondering if a c43/c36 muffler and exhaust tips would directly bolt onto on my 2000 c230k exhaust?
    I saw a chopped off c43 exhaust on Craigslist one time and was wondering if any modification was needed.
    It won't bolt right up...the pipe size on the C43 is considerably larger than on a 230

What about if you put washers in between and stick em' together like lego blocks...then weld shut the edges...haha! No that would be too mickey mouse..

Ok thanks for the info...I'll just find a different exhaust..

Originally posted by 69chevelle
    What about if you put washers in between and stick em' together like lego blocks...then weld shut the edges...haha! No that would be too mickey mouse..

Ok thanks for the info...I'll just find a different exhaust..
    I mean if you really wanted to, you could have a pipe lower the diameter of the tube between the muffler and the resonator, but it's up to you. It's not really meant to just "bolt-up"...if you are going for aesthetics, then go ahead and do it (or get a Remus), but if you are doing it as an attempt to increase performance, don't count on it.

edit: C36 exhaust DOES work (I believe)...pm VIP_BNZ, I know he has a C36 exhaust (off a '00 230K), and might be looking to get rid of it!

I just wanted to go for the show aspect....
    I dont know why Mercedes never put tips on that model...
    I mean they did it with the two seater SLK so why not with all the kompressors?? Even the newer 230's have tips on em'...

Anyway, I think I'll just replace the muffler and tips with an aftermarket brand...Remus is cool....

ray does has a c36 exhaust on his c230k. do it!

Just order a magnaflow muffler with dual tips!

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

lewda
    or you could pee on a chammy

MagnaFlows' the sh*t!

Niiiiiiiiiiiice!
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

lewda
    damn taht looks pretty good man, imma have to show you a pic of mine, it looks horrible, what model magnaflow is that? mines the 14861

MagnaFlow #14830

heres a little video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJqX4z8fj6s

.... and heres a take-off shot. (excuse the childish behavior)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBCOtp5XpJQ

just gotta show this off!

it looked like shit but after i raised it, it went perfect with the bumper cut-out.

excuse the wrecked bumper (I swear if it wasnt for bumpers how else would I stop the car?!?!)

lewda
    ok heres a pic of how mine looks, its the 14861 model, and doesnt look nearly as slick as yours, and mine is tilted downwards which i have to fix....

im not too sure how happy i am with this exhaust, and might switch to getting a remus exhaust, but i mean, the sound isnt too bad though....im starting to get used to it

Nice glamorous shot of your dogs ass.

LoL yea mine was sorta low like that too, if I had your bumper id cut out a little part for it to sit in.

sound is a little grumpy, but I love hearing the crackle pops when I let off the gas. other then that, blast the music.

lewda
    ha yeah, he always has to find a way to be in the picture, yeah i love the crackle sound too when i let off the gas, but im still not sure about the sound oh well, i just really wanna fix the angle of the exhaust, but i never have time, i need to fill up the tank for my welder so the next time i go home i can cut it off and fix it.

'00 C230k with C36 exhaust. It's a little deeper at idle and low RPMs. More noticeable at higher RPMs under boost.

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

I love that, with the square tips. But how does the stock (updated) bumper look cut?

Originally posted by Benzon
    I love that, with the square tips. But how does the stock (updated) bumper look cut?
    There was someone who had it that way at the orange county meet -- it looks okay as long as you aggressively lodge the tips into the cutout, so that the illusion is not that there even is a cutout, more like the exhaust overlaps it, if that makes any sense.

Otherwise I wouldn't cut it. Before I had the Wald bumper, I just let it hang lower than the stock bumper, which is admittantly kind of low (modified hangers), but most people think it looks ok.

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

Originally posted by VIP_MBZ
    There was someone who had it that way at the orange county meet -- it looks okay as long as you aggressively lodge the tips into the cutout, so that the illusion is not that there even is a cutout, more like the exhaust overlaps it, if that makes any sense.

-Ray
    I'm the one who had the bumper cut out for my Supersprint exhaust...in my opinion, I think it looks better than when it's hanging because it gives it more of a "flushed" look...take a look at REY99C280's car, and you will see, for example, on his car that the exhaust flushed into the bumper looks clean. I figured that when I'd switch to a C36 rear, I wouldn't need to worry about cutting it again

I'm sure hanging it low looks good from the rear but from the side, it probably looks not so nice. I'm sure I'll figure something nice out.

snap crackle and pop? mine did that the day i just drove from the shop... other than that it doesnt really do that anymore( i think my computer got us to it by now
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!