Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you lowered on?

H&R Cup Kit.
    1995 W202 C220 | 50,xxxkm | From Burgundy Red, to 650 Calcite White | H&R Cup Kit | 18" 8.5 & 9.5 Work Varianza T1S, 18" 8.5 & 10 AMG Monoblock | Falken 452 | Avantgarde Grill | Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H1 & H3 | Goodridge SS lines | R1 Drilled & Slotted Rotors | K&N 57i CAI | Remus Exhaust

Im the current owner of those springs KenzBenz had,

-FK springs
    -No spring pads (all around)

-26mm swaybar
    -polyurathane LCA bushings

To come:

-Bilstien sport shocks
    -34mm front swaybar
    -18mm rear sway bar (or larger if I can find one)

19" Lorinser LM5 shoes, 225 fronts/275 rears, and with proper weight distribution IE. on the gas pedal while comming out of a turn the car will grip like a train!!
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    Im the current owner of those springs KenzBenz had,

-FK springs
    -No spring pads (all around)

-26mm swaybar
    -polyurathane LCA bushings

To come:

-Bilstien sport shocks
    -34mm front swaybar
    -18mm rear sway bar (or larger if I can find one)

19" Lorinser LM5 shoes, 225 fronts/275 rears, and with proper weight distribution IE. on the gas pedal while comming out of a turn the car will grip like a train!!
    Do you have the part number for the FK springs? Do you have their website? How is it driving with no spring pads, it must sound pretty bad?!

Post up a pic if you could of your car on flat ground to get a better idea of how it sits, can't see how low it is on that angle

I dont know if you can see anything with my superior picture taking skills. I got a new camera and dont know a thing about it.

pretty much the front and back tires are evenly tucked.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

haha man i cant see very well, do you have anything clearer? I was looking at some website with the w202 fk springs and they only had 4 different versions available with 35mm lowering at the front and 40mm lowering at the rear, where kenz pics look like he has double or almost triple that. Do you have a part number?

heres a small video,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kYgv3jugrzY

hope some of those help you. i dont know if the P/N is stamped on the spring but id have to rack the car on a lift to find out. ill try and get that ASAP. even though I dont have spring pads its not noticible AT ALL. no weird sounds or abnormal behavior.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

cool thanks for the pics get a better idea now, looks pretty slammed! the only fk springs i have seen on the net say 35 / 40mm lowering, which is about what I have now and mine is no where near that, so there must be a different set available.

would be cool if you could measure distance between ground and lowest part of front / rear bumpers.

man the update kit really makes a difference. remo your ride is turning out to be very slick. love the new look. the LM5s look way tighter with the new update kit.

DRM, its 4" off the ground on the edge of the front lip, and 8" off the ground on the edge of the rear lip.

hopefully i can write down a part number off the springs when if I get a chance to rack the car up at work.

sensoryx, thanks man! I know its turning out alright after all, surprises myself sometimes im like ..."wow , thats mine ..??" LOL just got a few other little things in mind that i want to do but probably nothing major anymore. im having some financial hardships with the 204 and kind of on the edge of returning her (after seeing a nice ass looking E500)
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

Thanks agian to OCKlasse (hope he reads this)

without the good deal he gave me on that update kit I would have never even bothered with any fiberglass kits. not to dog on the guys who have WALD and other nice kits, I just see all the imperfections of fiberglass in those kits. really isnt my thing im more about the OEM
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

that kit just looks the best, I was thinking about C43 or wald kit but Im pretty sure ill be getting the kit you have when the time comes

you should tint ur windows and paint the side moldings or w\e they are called white

yea I know I want to get the car fully tinted like the E500 was with the windshield and all.

ill get those side pieces painted eventually.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

DRM, its 4" off the ground on the edge of the front lip, and 8" off the ground on the edge of the rear lip.

hopefully i can write down a part number off the springs when if I get a chance to rack the car up at work.

sensoryx, thanks man! I know its turning out alright after all, surprises myself sometimes im like ..."wow , thats mine ..??" LOL just got a few other little things in mind that i want to do but probably nothing major anymore. im having some financial hardships with the 204 and kind of on the edge of returning her (after seeing a nice ass looking E500)
    yeah mine is about 6.7 inch front / 10.7 in the rear so would be keen to find out what springs you have, most springs I have seen only lower what I have at the moment by another 1cm which is hardly a change.

I also run no spring pads,

ALSO, believe it or not, when I replaced my front shocks (stock blown to stock ones that i had for free)

and im not sure but maybe the sport shocks and they lower the car more ? im not sure at all but as soon as the front end touched the ground with differnt OEM shocks it was slammed low.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

I also run no spring pads,

ALSO, believe it or not, when I replaced my front shocks (stock blown to stock ones that i had for free)

and im not sure but maybe the sport shocks and they lower the car more ? im not sure at all but as soon as the front end touched the ground with differnt OEM shocks it was slammed low.
    Hmm I don't think it would make that much difference, I run bilstein sport shocks with my eibach pro kit atm

And I am already running number 1 pads so I think if I took mine out it would only lower it about another cm or thereabouts.

Originally posted by DRM
    Hmm I don't think it would make that much difference, I run bilstein sport shocks with my eibach pro kit atm

And I am already running number 1 pads so I think if I took mine out it would only lower it about another cm or thereabouts.
    You're using eibach prokit? that's the reason why you're car would not look like Remo. The eibach springs got the reputation of tilting your front.

Originally posted by JRE320
    You're using eibach prokit? that's the reason why you're car would not look like Remo. The eibach springs got the reputation of tilting your front.
    Yeah, but the eibach's I have say they lower the car 30mm front / back, and I am on #1 pads now. but the fk springs I have seen on the net say they lower 35 front / 40 rear so I am hoping there is a part number for these springs because that is definitely not a 35mm drop from stock.

Originally posted by sensoryx
    man the update kit really makes a difference. remo your ride is turning out to be very slick. love the new look. the LM5s look way tighter with the new update kit.
    yes it is, its a head spinner, when we were driving to the meet on sunday everyone we passed was looking at his car lol

btw remo whats up with ur friend?

I need to fix my car, please ask him if he can do it and when, I need it fixed asap, if he cant do it I need to go look for someone else

predrag im so sorry i totally forgot about your car, I just got home I was working wayy too late on my car, im going through ball-joint sets every 5,000miles with these damn 19"s!! also my bearings need to be serviced and I replaced a bent wheel, so little things added up, before you know it there goes my paycheck on maintaining the car. I love her too much anyway!

I will call you for sure tomarrow after i talk to him and make sure hes got time to take a looksie!

DRM, I had the car racked up today I did get a part number from the fronts springs but the rear ones didnt have anything on them, the front springs part number reads FKS94VA. nothing else is written on them.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

Originally posted by DRM
    Yeah, but the eibach's I have say they lower the car 30mm front / back, and I am on #1 pads now. but the fk springs I have seen on the net say they lower 35 front / 40 rear so I am hoping there is a part number for these springs because that is definitely not a 35mm drop from stock.
    You should change it to H&R sport springs.
    And used your #1 pads.

predrag im so sorry i totally forgot about your car, I just got home I was working wayy too late on my car, im going through ball-joint sets every 5,000miles with these damn 19"s!! also my bearings need to be serviced and I replaced a bent wheel, so little things added up, before you know it there goes my paycheck on maintaining the car. I love her too much anyway!

I will call you for sure tomarrow after i talk to him and make sure hes got time to take a looksie!

DRM, I had the car racked up today I did get a part number from the fronts springs but the rear ones didnt have anything on them, the front springs part number reads FKS94VA. nothing else is written on them.
    yea man its getting worse, i was freezing in my car this morning, it was around 50 something in my car and my engine temp was already over 100

Thanks remo, will e-mail the company and see what they say!

JRE, what H&R's are you thinking of? If the info on this page

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

is correct the H&R's only lower the car ~40mm from stock, and at the moment my eibachs lower ~30mm from stock so the 1cm difference is not really worth it, looking for a drop like remo's which is about ~100mm from stock.

if you want ... ive got a set of OEM cut springs that are a similar drop!
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

if you want ... ive got a set of OEM cut springs that are a similar drop!
    haha thanks for the offer but cut springs aren't allowed with insurance over here, i'll buy your fk ones though and you can cut another coil on your stock ones

Originally posted by DRM
    haha thanks for the offer but cut springs aren't allowed with insurance over here, i'll buy your fk ones though and you can cut another coil on your stock ones
    think ill pass on that idea! I like the red under my car LOL
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)