Thread: euro plates and cops

euro plates and cops

for those of u with a euro style plate up front....how do the cops tolerate it?? what are your experiences??

cops leave me alone. and i sport front and back plates.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

OG Moderator
    I haven't had any problems, And i see cops all the time at the beach, I have it on the front and back too, rockin club202 style

Heres a full nude frontal

Notice the E-spec bumper cover and license plate frame courtesy of the EUROPIMP.
    Got BRABUS?

I have front and back euro plates. Front is euro only. Rear is normal plate with the euro plate behind it. No problems with the law about this for at least a year and a half now since I put them on.

I dont have euro plates because there is no need for them, Im not european and i dont live in europe i live in the US also i really dont like getting pulled over so y give them more reasons to??
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Just as long as you put on your regular plate then they'll leave you alone but some cops got nothing better to do they 'll give you a fixed ticket and they do cost nowadays before it's free once you've showed them that you've taken care of it.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Hmm..i only have th euro in thr front and no US plate ove rit, and i have a tickit that i got from last Chrismas, and i have not yet pay for it. but as far as i run into cops they have never said anything about it. just that one cop who gave me the tickit at a parking while i was in teh store!, that asshole....

I have a euro plate on the front and really have no problems. The way I see it, here in Washington its the same ticket for having no font plate at all or a euro plate. Might as well put the euro plate on. I guess it does attract more attention to the car though. Oh well, it looks to good, I cant take it off.

Actually, the front of my car looks MUCH better with the euro plate than without, because there is that ugly gap for the US plate that it covers up nicely. Also generally, what looks better to you? Euro plates or US plates....hahah, no question there.

Definitely europlates! They look much more sleeker for some reason.....

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

maybe because we arent in europe and we are totally used to the US plates....i remember in the philippines your car was "cool" if you had US plates!!

Originally posted by ryhi
    maybe because we arent in europe and we are totally used to the US plates....i remember in the philippines your car was "cool" if you had US plates!!
    You're from P.I.?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

no...im from here...but ive been there a few times

At least in the SF Bay Area it's pretty much a gamble. If the cop has nothing better to do, they WILL pull you over! but most of the times they don't even sweat it as long as you have at least a REAR plate over the euro.

I had euro plates on my Audi and didn't have probs for over three years. But my luck ran out as I was driving to college one day....some random cop just pulled me over for the front plate violation.

It is not helping there are many street races nowadays. Cops are definitely more prone to hassle cars which look "modded".

This really is just luck of the draw. But it is technically illegal here so they do have the right to pull you over :/

Hi, I am new but i have a question for 714 guy

hi i was just curious where did u get the e spec bumper cover. and what kind of side skirts and rear bumper u have? and how much they cost

Can I put my regular plate in the right corner of my windshield and put my Europlate on the front? Anyone have this setup?

Originally posted by ViKTORiOUS
    Can I put my regular plate in the right corner of my windshield and put my Europlate on the front? Anyone have this setup?
    Up here in Toronto, you need both front and read plates. Putting a euro plate on the front dash.winshield or back is an offense cause there's a law where you can only have one set of plates on a vehicle.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

OG Moderator

Re: Hi, I am new but i have a question for 714 guy

Originally posted by qqbennyqq
    hi i was just curious where did u get the e spec bumper cover. and what kind of side skirts and rear bumper u have? and how much they cost
    the e-spec bumper was from the EUROPIMP a.k.a MbenzNL the only difference is it has the niche for the euro plate. the rest of the car is dressed in reiger(front/rear) and amg(skirts). I picked the whole setup for about 800, including the front and rear bumers.
    Got BRABUS?

O thanks was it 800 dollars for front bumper/side skirt/rear bumper and paint? or no paint?

Originally posted by 714guy
    I haven't had any problems, And i see cops all the time at the beach, I have it on the front and back too, rockin club202 style

Heres a full nude frontal

Notice the E-spec bumper cover and license plate frame courtesy of the EUROPIMP.
    sorry for digging up a dead thread , but do you still have any more pics of this?...
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me