Thread: OEM headlights beam pattern

OEM headlights beam pattern

I know I've asked this a million times but to find a really flat even ground with a wide flat wall is so difficult. So anyone got any idea on how I can align my headlights the easy way please...... :bored:

Can someone please move this? I don't why I put this one here....
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

CKlasse
    Other than using HELLA BEAMSETTER, vertical walls would be the easiest way.

It's almost impossible to simply adjust the angle through the star adjuster on the back of your headlight as each headlight assembly sits differently. Unless anyone else has a trick that I dont know of.

PS... JRE, sorry man, I havent had time to took off the fuel rail and take some pictures for the 'how to.' Perhaps I could steal some pictures off JasonH's site and write up a quick how to.

Jun give up them headlights and just get normal ones.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I've replaced the lens to OEM now so now I'm try'in to align them
    again. I don't know if the bulbs got something to do with the beam pattern. Instead of using the H4 bulbs, my Euro headlights from Bekkers uses 2 H1 bulbs. I wish I can afford some hids so I can just dump these motherf*$%s......

CKlasses,
    No problemos take your time but make sure when you make your commitment you better let us know what day,week or year you gonna post those info......... coz I know someone said that before.... give me time and I'll research it for you and I forgot to asked........
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

I finally got it align. Damn!!! I hate these lights...... everytime someone touches it.... this is one of the things that body shop did to my car.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Re: OEM headlights beam pattern

Originally posted by JRE320
    I know I've asked this a million times but to find a really flat even ground with a wide flat wall is so difficult. So anyone got any idea on how I can align my headlights the easy way please...... :bored:

Can someone please move this? I don't why I put this one here....
    When you open the case that covers the back of the headlights, there is a level type tube on each light. If you can't find the proper ground effects or don't want to take the car to a dealer, turn the knurled knob for the low beams until the bubble is on the dead center line. As I remember if you the bubble goes above the center line the lights are higher, or vice versa. Anyway I did this until I could get to a dealer and I was a "hair" off I was told after they aligned the lites with a machine. By the way this applies to my 99 C280, don't know if all C series years work like this. Another thing when you are aligning the lowbeams you have to slide the green plate next to the level bubble to the same spot , don't know why, but that's what my owner manual said to do.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

I got those bubbles on my OEM lights however I broke them longtime ago. Now I got the Euro type lights and they don't come with those level bubbles.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Euro Lenses

Originally posted by JRE320
    I got those bubbles on my OEM lights however I broke them longtime ago. Now I got the Euro type lights and they don't come with those level bubbles.
    Will euro lenses fit the American hearlights? My brother lives in europe and could pick me up the lenses, the entire headlight is not possible financially now?
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280