Thread: C230K boost adjustment

C230K boost adjustment

I was wondering is it easy to modfiy the boost setting for the C230K? Are there any C230K owners have any experience with this type of upgrade? I did a search on the forum and did not find any previous discussion on this topic. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure you have to get a pulley kit to do that, and you have to move the MAF sensor to a position farther from the intercooler.
    2007 E350 Sport
    1999 C230 Komp. with exhaust.

My boost pressure when hitting kickdown seems to be a touch lower lately. Is the kompressor unit wearing out or is it just me? MAS sensor is fine.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

I have that same problem, what does your gauge say the pressure is? Mine reads 4.4-4.5, isn't is supposed to be 5-5.5?
    2007 E350 Sport

I dont have a gauge though....all stock. Perhaps im babying it too much.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Custom CAI and MAF relocation, im pushing 6-6.5 psi's. pully upgrade will make it have a higher output, and also getting the supercharger ported and polished.......i keep finding oil in my whole intake system and i can't figure out where its coming from...supercharger maybe?
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

I always guessed the oiul came from the crank breater, look at the connection in the stock airbox, it should have oil all over it. Does it just vent into open air with you CAI or back into the system like the stock setup?
    2007 E350 Sport

Nope i got a lil crankcase breather and slapped it on there. i think my supercharger just gave out or theres a leak in the intake system...it went from 6 to 3 psi. i gotta figure it out by tonight

Check the MAF relocation hoses, my MAF seal broke and I went to 2 psi. I thought it was my S/C cause a CEL came on and the S/C started whinning like crazy.
    2007 E350 Sport

Originally posted by Len013091
    Check the MAF relocation hoses, my MAF seal broke and I went to 2 psi. I thought it was my S/C cause a CEL came on and the S/C started whinning like crazy.
    i figured it was a leak, i'd cheak it but im at work. I cut the MAF in half for the relocation. it keep poping out because it was short, then i bought some 2" PVC pipe and glued it, it might have broken loose. I heard the supercharge whine so i figured the supercharger was the last of my worries.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Cru328prod
    Custom CAI and MAF relocation, im pushing 6-6.5 psi's. pully upgrade will make it have a higher output, and also getting the supercharger ported and polished.......i keep finding oil in my whole intake system and i can't figure out where its coming from...supercharger maybe?
    I think your PCV system might be getting plugged up, and the system is drawing oil into the boost side of the intake from the pressure indifference.
    there is a PVC valve under the intake manifold, 2 rubber lines run from under the intake maifold on the head to a PCV valve. if you clean out the nipples coming out of the head (maybe using a small drillbit through the hole (by hand..not with a drill!!) and spray a cleaner of some sort to desolve the build up of gunk, and replace the hose and PVC valve you should fix that problem. be cafeful of your MAS, the oil in the intake track can damage the mas, so deal with it as soon as possible or you will be replacing the MAS as well. clean off the MASS with an appropriate cleaner too. if you can you should flush out the intercooler anfd all the intake pipe as well, put you will need to remove these components to flush them out properly.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

How do i flush? and any pics on the PCV? i didn't even realize this car had one

Hey,
    Contrary to your search,there is alot on modifieing the M111K with a boost increase,you will need a pully kit and associated parts.
    different altitudes,and our engines are not all serviced equally.

Cru328prod,
    If you have oil on the hot side of the IC and its not comming from the cam cover vent,i would think it to be the SC seals leaking SC
    Also pretty hard to compare OE boost pressure as where all at oil,but check the VDO bypass as well,you never know.

I think its fairly common to see oil in the intake plenum...this is due to what SlammedC/Ross is talking about...tucked up under the head flange(where the plenum meets the head) is a pipe which comes from a chamber under the power steering pump,the chamber is attached to the block and helps seperate oil/air...the pipe then heads up toward the head and goes through a non-return valve,where it splits into two pipes which then pass through 2X ~1mm restricters which are each divided between two ports on the head...

The system works as such:
    At idle(or any time there is vaccum in the plenum),crank case emissions are draw up from the block,through the non-return and into the combustion chamber via the ~1mm restrictors,the restrictors are there to limit air flow under high vaccum,if you enlargened them the engine would idle higher proportionally because you effectively bypass the throttle body.
    Under positive pressure situations the non-return stops any air being forced back into the block,therefore under boost crank case emissions are then drawn out through the larger cam vent,through the oil serperator and back into the air filter box.

clean out the oil seperator on the side of the cam cover also,any air pressure inside the block will cause oil to go where you dont want it=)

alittle late this time Ross=),im still here=)...just
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

OG Moderator
    Hey Paul.. its been a while!!
    I figured youd chime in with a technical explanation of things!!

Im still 100% confident that its the PCV side of things causing his oil in the intake (boost) track. Ive seen a few of them.. and every time its been the spot under the head where it connects to the PCV valve.

So hows the car Paul?.. I heard.. well read you figured out the oil issue you were having. so the car is running great now? any more dyno and tunning pulls?
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Sup mang=),
    it has been!,an to be honest iv been slacker than usually lately=)
    Frustration maybe finally taking its toll,lol....
    by disconnecting the crank idle vent we are discussing,i managed to do away with all that combustion killing(engine killing) oil we had in the chambers....well....... so we thought...
    its all about #4.will elaborate more when i get back from this trip in two days.

Yeh man your most likely right....(((doesnt want to argue with benz mechanic whos fixed this many times before))) LOL

Cru328prod,
    does the IC have oil in it?...stupid question but are you running the stock air filter?
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

K&Ns are the devil, but i'll certainly look deeper into slammed_c and 23k's suggestions myself. check engine on, and throwing p410 and another code i forget -- been throwing them since last year, i just haven't updated the thread.

sc shuts off after warm up cycle when i come to a complete stop... only when i come to a complete stop. if i keep it rolling, it'll stay on the entire drive home from work on the freeway till i get off and get stopped at a light.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Sup mang=),
    it has been!,an to be honest iv been slacker than usually lately=)
    Frustration maybe finally taking its toll,lol....
    by disconnecting the crank idle vent we are discussing,i managed to do away with all that combustion killing(engine killing) oil we had in the chambers....well....... so we thought...
    its all about #4.will elaborate more when i get back from this trip in two days.

Yeh man your most likely right....(((doesnt want to argue with benz mechanic whos fixed this many times before))) LOL

Cru328prod,
    does the IC have oil in it?...stupid question but are you running the stock air filter?
    no worries dude!! we all get slack.
    so you may have figured things out.. problem with the crank idle vent itself.. restrictionin it? whats with cylinder 4?
    aight bro.. let me know when you get settled back into the real world!!
    of course Im right!! never diss the man!!

Im gonna say if he has oil on his MAS there is oil in the intake track.. and in the intercooler.
    you need to remove the intercooler after you have cleared out the blockage in the PCV side of things.. otherwise after you clean your MAS it will continue to get contaminated (oil in the intercooler being drawn through the MAS). you will have poor running form the constant contaminated MAS.

Nope, i have a cold air intake but the filter is a dry one that has no oil. When i poped everything out there was oil inside the right side of the intercooler all the way up. Does anyone have pics they can show me so i can get this taken care of. So far i took the left side piping out and cleaned everything off with T body cleaner, and sprayed inside the butterflys. CEL came on and said MAF malfuction. So i cleared the code and it seems to be running fine. I wish i knew a Local mb tech, i'd pay him on the side to fix everything wrong. i really don't trust to may people to work on my car. I can tell if a Tech hasn't worked on a benz just by the way he props open the hood.