Originally posted by RacerXofFL
I have owned a c280 for 6 years now. I have bossted it over 400hp, I have blown 4 (or was it 5?) auto trannys in it.

It is now a 5speed, not may of these out there....

It will be stand alone soon, 2 reasons. ....
Well there ya go. ...It's the "do it right the 1st time" idea and all that... The dude who did my engine swap built his own turbo specific motor using various parts from the MB part bin from the C280 and C36 for his hi boost C36 -- and of course, wouldn't have considered anything -but- stand-alone from the beginning. Then again, he knows what he's doing with MBs unlike any other I've ever met. He uses a Motec. Only complaint he ever uttered was finding head gaskets to handle the boost.

Unlike what I gather of you if somewhat contradictory, he's a complete anti-hater of MBs. He loves them. He makes a living at them as a main and side job, much to benefit of me and coolcarskic43 (now ProjectC55). A grown up with kids but still a lust for hopped-up NA and especially boosted MBs and Porsches that he's always turning a wrench on ... and never ever is one to have a need to be mean and disrespectful. Now there's a man that I would what want to know what he has to say about this and would listen to his seasoned, measured, and sound advise instead of inconsistent & contradictory rantings and flamings I come to read here...