Thread: W202 Air bag bypassing

Cool W202 Air bag bypassing

is there any way to get rid of the light on the dash? I installed a Nardi Steering wheel on my W202.

take out the light.

electrical tape, lol show some pics of the wheel!

muhahaa

thanks guys... hahaha....I was thinking the same thing but i didnt wanna take out the light...eh...

but i'll take pics later, im at work...here is what it looks like..

nice steering wheel man. should look cool!! maybe they make like a dummy plug for the sensor, so it thinks there is a bag there when one really isnt

yea thats what i was thinking. One of my friends on his W201 just grounded a wire or something, i have no idea. You guys know how mercedes work....1 little error makes lights go off.

fuzionR,

You don't need to remove the bulb. Just take the wires off the back of the bulb. That will stop it illuminating.

Make sure you wear a six-point attachment racing harness with your Nardi wheel to avoid wearing the wheel!

Originally posted by OzC36
    fuzionR,

You don't need to remove the bulb. Just take the wires off the back of the bulb. That will stop it illuminating.

Make sure you wear a six-point attachment racing harness with your Nardi wheel to avoid wearing the wheel!
    Muahhaa...yea strap on some sabelts....ROFL...get ready to take off in a stock C280 with H&R's...and.....well thats about it......YES!

if you plan to jumper the sensor out for the airbag, at least put a 10a blade fuse in the circuit. the bulb for the ABS light simply twists out counter clockwise from the cluster when you remove it, so no wires back there. if you wanted some pics of how to remove the cluster, do a search for it and more specifically by the user name "frenchy".

thanks guys