Thread: Limited slip diff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Limited slip diff

I want to get into drifting and unfortunately you need some kind of LSD or locked diff to not loose speed during a slide. My mercedes C180 would be fine for drifting if it had an LSD, but as a road car I dont want to weld the diff up which would be the cheap option. I was wondering if any of you knew any manufacturers of LSD's for my car. Its a W202 C180, 1993. My only other option is to wait and buy a jap car or BMW for which aftermarket LSD's are avaliable.

heres ur cheap and cheerful solution

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282251455...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hi, since this old thread was discussing the W201 diff use for W202, do you guys know whether the W201 2.6 manual diff with 3.92 ratio is: 1) equipped with LSD, 2) can be used in W202.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I want to get into drifting and unfortunately you need some kind of LSD or locked diff to not loose speed during a slide. My mercedes C180 would be fine for drifting if it had an LSD, but as a road car I dont want to weld the diff up which would be the cheap option. I was wondering if any of you knew any manufacturers of LSD's for my car. Its a W202 C180, 1993. My only other option is to wait and buy a jap car or BMW for which aftermarket LSD's are avaliable.
    hi, i wanted something similar for all round use, road and a bit of fun... i managed to come across this 25% limited slip dif converter, ive only picked up my w202 today so i havnt even purchased/tested the lsd yet but it could be worth a go!

my only issue is that it says it fits the c220 and c280 from 1993 to 2000, if all w202s came with the same diff (other than the amg models) it should fit fine... can anyone confirm if all w202s have the same diff?