Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: K&N vs Green vs Stock

That setup is called "on the cheap & I needed a airfilter". It is still on there & works fine for now.
    My gas mileage has increase ALOT with that POS filter there. Better then new stock? I dunno, but it is better than clogged, dirty, old stock. What I did IS NOT a performance mod. It was a nessessary mod to keep the car running.

Originally posted by Benz Newbie
    is the pic above called a WAI Warm Air Intake? are there any benefits to WAI compared to CAI? what about this pic:

also what materials would i need to build a home-made heat shield to keep hot air from entering the cone area and keep the cold air from going around my filter and dissipating
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

Originally posted by Espresso
    That setup is called "on the cheap & I needed a airfilter". It is still on there & works fine for now.
    My gas mileage has increase ALOT with that POS filter there. Better then new stock? I dunno, but it is better than clogged, dirty, old stock. What I did IS NOT a performance mod. It was a nessessary mod to keep the car running.
    WTF IS THAT, IT LOOKS MORE RESTRICTIVE THEN THE STOCK AIR BOX!!!!
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    WTF IS THAT, IT LOOKS MORE RESTRICTIVE THEN THE STOCK AIR BOX!!!!
    Umm it's an air filter. Thought that was kind of obvious. It is no smaller then a K&N cone filter, which it actually is. It just has a fake CF housing.
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

Umm it's an air filter. Thought that was kind of obvious. It is no smaller then a K&N cone filter, which it actually is. It just has a fake CF housing.
    LOL no what i ment was, whats with the housing? is there really a need for it?

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    lol, yeah what he said
    :banana:2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sport:banana:

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley