Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my MagnaFlow 14830 Exhaust!!

Talking Got my MagnaFlow 14830 Exhaust!!

Got my MagnaFlow 14830 Exhaust on today! It costed $180 installed. It sounds really nice.

Here is a video"

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=MVI_0163.flv
    1997 C280 Sport

Yea I left the resonator. I also have an Intake on my car so I guess thats probably why its a little louder? If I gas it, my engine sounds louder than the exhaust or at least from inside the car, the exhaust sound is gone. I didnt really drive the car around today. Only to the shop ( 2 blocks form my house) and back to my house.
    1997 C280 Sport

sounds nice, must be cold up there cuz i see some residue on area around ur muffler.

Today was kind of colder than the rest of the week. On monday and Tuesday the weather was HOT!! And the car is pretty cold. I only drove to it to the shop and back. Not even that far.
    1997 C280 Sport

you needed to rev it higher but does sound good thats a universal muffler right
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

Originally posted by Nelson Lago
    you needed to rev it higher but does sound good thats a universal muffler right
    yea or it could be my camera, I think i was pretty close to the car, I didn't want to static the sound from being too loud. I will probably re do a video or something like a drive by or something.
    1997 C280 Sport

you dont want to rev it too high on a cold engine.

I got the same thing on my C230 for a couple months now I love it!! ya so out of curiosity of I cut out my resonator and replace that with stright pipe will it be louder or what should I expect ?

... I have hollowed out cats. too.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

Originally posted by 97C28O
    yea or it could be my camera, I think i was pretty close to the car, I didn't want to static the sound from being too loud. I will probably re do a video or something like a drive by or something.

Good Job! Reminds me of my old 99 C280. Same set-up. Keep your resonator so it won't be too loud. It's perfect as it is. Now all you need is a CPU software upgrade.

Love It!

rey99c280

hey can you post some information about where you purchased this exhaust from? May be even ba little information about it such as hp gain. I've been planning on getting the Eisenmann Sport Exhaust for a while but it's a lot more expensive and you can't beat $180 for a pretty nice sounding exhaust. Are there any benefits of me spending the extra money and going with the Eisenamnn?
    :banana:2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sport:banana:

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

Keep the resonator. got it.

you can buy one for $108 @ Summitracing.com

then install it at any muffler shop. this exhuast does look alot like the ///AMG ones but its actually better since its smaller neater and slightly louder.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

Do you have a facelift 202? Did they cut alot into the bumper?

hey thats the one i have too. i really love it, the sound and the look, i posted up a video a month or two ago under magnaflow. mine sticks out like 3 to 4 inches too far. can you post some pics of underneath the car, so i can see how yours is bent and installed. cuz i want mine to be closer to the bumper, and would like to have it fixed. also i love the sound, really nice at wot. oh and also you cant rev it past 4000 anyway in park, it has a limiter,lol
    thanks,
    anf6789

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    Keep the resonator. got it.

you can buy one for $108 @ Summitracing.com

then install it at any muffler shop. this exhuast does look alot like the ///AMG ones but its actually better since its smaller neater and slightly louder.
    Yeah, that's the place I wanted to order from. It costs $120 shipped. However, I got my from the shop. I told them to help me order it and they wanted $160 for the exhaust and $60 for the installtion and extra pipe*. I told them I can get it online for $120 and he said Okay, we can pay $120 for the exhaust FROM HIM.

*The only modification you need when installing this muffler is that You need at least about a 1ft exhaust pipe and bend it to the correct angle to fit your exhaust.
    1997 C280 Sport

Okay, I took the car out around town and I'm a little disappointed in the sound. Inside the car, the muffler sounds so damn loud. It gets very annoying.... People that have the 14830 on a C280 (inline 6) is it loud inside the car? It sounds nice from the outside but its way too loud inside the car!

Is there anyway to make the sound less loud? Is it possible to put silencers on these Magnaflow Exhaust?

If I take off my intake, will it make it less loud?

If I decide to sell this, Would anyone want to buy the exhaust? It's only been on for 2 days. About 1 hour of driving total on these.
    1997 C280 Sport

well when i first got it i thought it was "so damn loud too" but it either quieted down a tad or i grew acusstomed to the sound and now i really like it. at around 2k rpm it is a tad annoying but what are ya gonna do,lol it might just have to get "worn in" doesnt it smell horible right now? mine did for the first couple of days.

oh did'nt see that, take your intake off it will be half as loud, i had fabbed up a cheap one and had it on for a day, man was it louder!

I agree with anf6789. First I thought it was too loud. I think I got used to it. I have a stock intake with K&N filter plus I had my ECU tuned by SpeedInnovation. I think I gain 15+hp with my set-up.

Here's how mine sounds inside the cabin when I rev the engine:
    http://vid112.photobucket.com/player.../magnaflow.flv

rey99c280

Took off my intake, still too loud for my taste. The sound from the outside is awesome but I like sort of a comfy ride inside and the aggressive tone outside, not inside. I like the G35, inside y ou cant hear it outside its loud when you gas it.

I think I'm go to the shop and ask if they did something wrong, if not I'm taking it off.

WHO WANTS TO BUY MINE MUFFLER?
    1997 C280 Sport

ray did you notice any mpg changes from the muff and intake? How about after the ecu tune?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    ray did you notice any mpg changes from the muff and intake? How about after the ecu tune?
    Average of 18-19 mpg sometimes 17+mpg with aggressive driving. Better torque and trottle response after the ECU tune. I highly recommend this set-up. Imagine doing this set-up with C43s, you'll definitely going to get better numbers.

mines very loud at 3k. it does get annoying on the freeway holding it but I got used to it.

i didnt feel any power gains at all. maybe like a tiny bit but I cant say that its 15hp.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

Okay, I just got it off! I'm sad about this but, it's too loud for a Mercedes IMO. The sound sounds great but its just too loud from inside the car for me

Now I have the exhaust sitting in my garage.

I was thinking of selling it for $120 Shipped within the U.S. It has the modified pipe included. All you need to do is cut off your stock muffler and weld this. No other modifications needed.

I know my price is the price a new one on SummitRacing. But this exhaust is basically new. I will throw in the original box and the stickers and warranty cards with it.
    1997 C280 Sport

yeah i dont think i got any better gas mileage. i get like 15-17 mpg. i like to accerate fast, all the time!! i dont have overdrive so my car cruises on the highway at 3000 anyway, but it queits down around there anyway. i like when people look at my benz when i pass them like "geez what the hell was that"

man you should keep it , youll get used to it, i actually did'nt like mine at all at first. wot, cruising, accelerating, all sound good. oh and my favorite, with the windows open and cruising let off the gas when you come up to a red light and it makes this low rumbling almost like blubblubblubblub, so SWEET!!

ya I love the rumbling it makes when letting off the gas - especially when manually downshifting each gear all the way to 2nd. Love it. just love it!
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

urs is manual or ur using the hill gears?

manually shifting the automatic
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)