Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my MagnaFlow 14830 Exhaust!!

Yea, I love the way it sound when going from about 20-55 in second gear inside the car. I should make a video of the sound outside thought as I don't think theres one like it with the same mufflker on a C230K. It sound really deep, I think it has to do with the cam profile.
    2007 E350 Sport
    1999 C230 Komp. with exhaust.

Originally posted by 97C28O
    Okay, I just got it off! I'm sad about this but, it's too loud for a Mercedes IMO. The sound sounds great but its just too loud from inside the car for me

Now I have the exhaust sitting in my garage.

I was thinking of selling it for $120 Shipped within the U.S. It has the modified pipe included. All you need to do is cut off your stock muffler and weld this. No other modifications needed.

I know my price is the price a new one on SummitRacing. But this exhaust is basically new. I will throw in the original box and the stickers and warranty cards with it.
    Perhaps you should evaluate putting a Dynamat like sound deadening (trunk, rear deck, back seats) and get the best of both worlds.
    A bit expensive though.
    Jorge
    Jorge
    C280 1997

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    The biggest key to high quality sound is the resonator NOT the muffler. the resonator is what transforms the sound. Anyways hope that helps.
    But omey, what you're saying doesn't make sense... Firstly you say that the resonator is responsible for the sound, not the muffler. But he didn't change the resonator, only the muffler. He used the stock resonator and had the sound resonating through the car at certain rpm... .
    If you don\'t do it properly, don\'t waste our time!!

The C280

1995 C280
    1987 MK2 GTi 1800 8v

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    ya as i've said before, with magnaflow you have to do a full system for it to sound perfect. you need that 22" resnator to keep it quiet at lower rpms, muffler alone will be too loud for those wanting quiet exhaust. Realistically If you are going to do an exhaust system I would just consider completely starting from scratch and getting Y-pipe just after headers, then mandrel 2.5" bent system for a C280. Get an aftermarket cat in stock location, a 22" magnaflow resonator, then the magnaflow all in one stainless exhaust. The biggest key to high quality sound is the resonator NOT the muffler. the resonator is what transforms the sound. Anyways hope that helps.
    Would you go for the 22" or 18" resonator on a C-180?

I removed the resonator today and left the standard back box and I've noticed the difference it sounds quiet under normal driving and a lot meatier when accelerating and in my opinion sounds fantastic, I plan to run it like that for a month and if I do want to change the back box the garage that did the work told me they can put the tips from the AMG on to a new one if I wanted as well.
    C43 and loving it.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10889