Thread: 230K internals

230K internals

Hey,

Will the 2.3 Kompressor internals hold 1 bar of boost?

Re: 230K internals

Originally posted by spm 16v benz
    Hey,

1 Bar?
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

Yer 1 bar of boost, 1 bar = 14.7psi

Yer 1 bar of boost, 1 bar = 14.7psi

not without upgrade your fueling system

Really, What exactly will give out(injectors, pressure reg., etc)? But the internals could take 15psi?

Really, What exactly will give out(injectors, pressure reg., etc)? But the internals could take 15psi?
    Ha who knows, how to do plan on pushing 15psi? the max i've ever seen on a m111 engine was about 10psi

Re: 230K internals

Hey,

My friend did it before by incresing crank pully diameter.
    He told me 1.0 bar is too much to 23K. 1.0 Bar of boost will cause air mass broken in very very short time.
    According to our experience in Taiwan, the best boost of 23K is 0.7 to 0.8 bar.
    My W202 C230K Modified List¡G
    Larger Crank Pulley¡Bidler Pulley¡BGenerator Pulley¡ASmaller Supercharge Pulley¡AModified Water Pump Pulley¡ARelocated Air Mass Position¡AK&N Air Filter¡ASupersprint Manifold¡BCentre exhaust¡BRear exhaust and 100 Cpsi. Cat.¡ABilstein B12 Suspension¡AC43AMG Anti-Roll Bar¡AWORK 02C MGM 18¡¨ Wheel¡AAMG Front 4-Piston Caliper¡BPAGID RS4-4 Brake Pad¡AAMG Rear 4-Piston Caliper¡ABosch HID Head Light

OG Moderator

Re: Re: 230K internals

Originally posted by Berger Chin
    He told me 1.0 bar is too much to 23K. 1.0 Bar of boost will cause air mass broken in very very short time.
    Im running about 12-13psi (0.8-0.9bar) with my Kleemann kit. so far no MAS's destroyed!. just under a bar.. I dont see why 1bar would cause any problems. I think the stock internals on the M111 Kompressor motor can handle lots more then we think!

Hey Berger Chin, got any pics of your car.. and of the mods? how did your SS header perform?.. any gains?
    Id love to see pics of your car.
    Im interested also in your brakes for the rear.. S55 (kompressor or non kompressor) rear calipers and discs? do you still use youre parking brake or is that no longer useable?
    and whats with the CLK55 undercarriage parts? any pics? what you use?
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

From the responce i got showing the 230K pistons,rods etc to engine builders an others in the know most pple were assertive it could handle a highish boost system,but really that tells us very little....how the system handles the extra heat is unknown until its tried i guess...
    You really need a good tune and an upgraded fuel system,i think the pipes to and from the tank shoud be good for somwhere in the mid 300's at least with the right fuel pump,AEM's site states -6(.344") to be good for upto 499hp,which is what i run in the engine bay area,however the lines to and from the tank are alittle smaller than this....i would recommend a better fuel rail and a decent FPR,i had my OE injectors flow tested and there good for just over 200hp on OE pressure so those will need changing.

Hey Ross did you change your injectors?...or just up fuel pressure?
    unless your 98 has different injectors i'd say you right on the edge with how far they can be pushed!

all this boost talk got me itch'n

would like to see your 202 too berger chin=)
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    Ha who knows, how to do plan on pushing 15psi? the max i've ever seen on a m111 engine was about 10psi
    Not using a supercharger, goin turbo soon....

Excellent=)

As long as you tune it well I would run stock internals until they fail...wish i had!

Hey 23K, will the stock fuel rail hold 15psi of boost? and the pressure reg.?

Hey 23K, will the stock fuel rail hold 15psi of boost? and the pressure reg.?
    You will need a new rising rate(1:1)adjustable fuel pressure regulator for sure...larger injectors and possibly a new pump,ditching the OE rail isnt such a bad idea either!,you will need to blank off the OE regulator anyway!.
    you may want to run one shade cooler spark plugs than OE as you will definatly run a hotter combustion chamber.

Not to sure what you mean by the fuel rail taking 15psi?

Im also not to sure what the stock fuel pump will flow at the pressure you will need...this will be somthing i find out in the coming months...

Paul

Re: Re: 230K internals

Originally posted by Berger Chin

MAS do broken when SC lobe pass through to intake plenum

man wheres your brake pics=) =)

Re: Re: Re: 230K internals

Originally posted by 23K
    MAS do broken when SC lobe pass through to intake plenum

man wheres your brake pics=) =)
    LOL

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    From the responce i got showing the 230K pistons,rods etc to engine builders an others in the know most pple were assertive it could handle a highish boost system,but really that tells us very little....how the system handles the extra heat is unknown until its tried i guess...
    You really need a good tune and an upgraded fuel system,i think the pipes to and from the tank shoud be good for somwhere in the mid 300's at least with the right fuel pump,AEM's site states -6(.344") to be good for upto 499hp,which is what i run in the engine bay area,however the lines to and from the tank are alittle smaller than this....i would recommend a better fuel rail and a decent FPR,i had my OE injectors flow tested and there good for just over 200hp on OE pressure so those will need changing.

Hey Ross did you change your injectors?...or just up fuel pressure?
    unless your 98 has different injectors i'd say you right on the edge with how far they can be pushed!

all this boost talk got me itch'n

would like to see your 202 too berger chin=)
    all my fuel system is stock Paul, do you think i even need to bother with a FPR or larger injectors? i gots a 99!!.. but Im sure that fuel system is probably close to maxed out, anything you can reccommend for injectors and a FPR?..

Wheres berger chin!!. I wanna see his car and all his bolt on goodies!!
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    all my fuel system is stock Paul, do you think i even need to bother with a FPR or larger injectors? i gots a 99!!.. but Im sure that fuel system is probably close to maxed out, anything you can reccommend for injectors and a FPR?..

Wheres berger chin!!. I wanna see his car and all his bolt on goodies!!
    Sup=)...Ops yeh 99=),well if its not leaning out anywhere than i would leave it as is!...best thing to do would be to dyno and record the A/F....if its alittle on the lean side maybe just install an adjustable FRP and up the pressure a tiny bit...best done on the dyno though can be done with an accurate meter on road.
    Im scepticle about the noise mine produced in the fuel lines after installing the SARD FRP on my last setup...however im not sure if i did it all by the book so will be testing it all during the next few weeks..

Paul

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Sup=)...Ops yeh 99=),well if its not leaning out anywhere than i would leave it as is!...best thing to do would be to dyno and record the A/F....if its alittle on the lean side maybe just install an adjustable FRP and up the pressure a tiny bit...best done on the dyno though can be done with an accurate meter on road.
    Im scepticle about the noise mine produced in the fuel lines after installing the SARD FRP on my last setup...however im not sure if i did it all by the book so will be testing it all during the next few weeks..

Paul
    Brotha..
    I dont think its leaning out at all.. but Id for sure need a dyno run to prove that. guess need a diagnostic o2 installed for the dyno run or would they use my stock o2 to see?
    I guess if i up the boost any more id need fuel to increase as well.
    yeh I remember you saying you had noises with your FPR.. guess you dont know if the noise is still there.
    Ross