Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can i get more horsepower out of the c220?

How can i get more horsepower out of the c220?

How can i get more power out of a 4 cylinder engine?Any suggestions?Im tired of that slow take off!!!!help me...
    spasmo

Re: How can i get more horsepower out of the c220?

Originally posted by spasmo
    How can i get more power out of a 4 cylinder engine?Any suggestions?Im tired of that slow take off!!!!help me...
    Lmao don't even bother......just save your money on making the sound system rediculus lol.....u wanna know why, because there always some lil rich bit*h with a 50 times faster and better looking car then ours.
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

I'll be doing some performance mods soon on my 4 banger and personally, I would just stick to the worthwhile upgrades like the intake, exhaust, crankshaft pulley + performance chip and a new MAF. The more expensive mods like replacing the headers, turbo install or even engine swap I just find hard to justify with how I use my car and for financial reasons.

Of course, If money is no object, I'll have a rolls-royce jet engine installed already.

There are a lot of topics on this one, not specifically for a C220, but in general.

damn dude, whats the 1/4 time on that thing

molsenman has a turbo kit for our 4-cylinders.

i know a person has done it. much more lower end torque and power.
    1995 W202 C220 | 50,xxxkm | From Burgundy Red, to 650 Calcite White | H&R Cup Kit | 18" 8.5 & 9.5 Work Varianza T1S, 18" 8.5 & 10 AMG Monoblock | Falken 452 | Avantgarde Grill | Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H1 & H3 | Goodridge SS lines | R1 Drilled & Slotted Rotors | K&N 57i CAI | Remus Exhaust

damn dude, whats the 1/4 time on that thing
    Not sure. It has 1350 hp with a 26,000 rpm/13,000 rpm idle. One thing I'm sure though, I hate to be the car behind him when he fires it up

yusuke280, any links to that turbo kit?

You could do what was done to this car:

Twin Engine Olds Toronado

Put another engine in the trunk.

lmao you'll be able to go like a block without running outta gas, but fu*k it, it'll be worth it. after that who woulda wanna race you then.

I changed my exhaust already,next i'll do a intake.What kind of performance chip can i get?And will that damage a car with a high mileage engine?
    spasmo

Powerchip, SpeedInnovation, etc...
    If you have plans of changing your pulley, better to do it with the chip so your car won't run lean.

Still waiting for one of the members here to pull through with a crankshaft pulley for M111 so I can do the chip. :Ponder:

Originally posted by AirPost
    Powerchip, SpeedInnovation, etc...
    If you have plans of changing your pulley, better to do it with the chip so your car won't run lean.
    Surely his car won't run lean when he changes the pulley as his car is na?
    If you don\'t do it properly, don\'t waste our time!!

The C280

1995 C280
    1987 MK2 GTi 1800 8v

i find with MB it's pretty hard to make good power unless you go FI. That's not always convenient.

otherwise i'd say just run NOS thru the bitch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surely his car won't run lean when he changes the pulley as his car is na?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it if you change the diameter/weight or any characteristics of your stock pulley, this would offset your ecu thus might produce leaner or richer mixture for all types of engines?

Originally posted by rman
    i find with MB it's pretty hard to make good power unless you go FI. That's not always convenient.

otherwise i'd say just run NOS thru the bitch.

i said it once and i'll say it again........no forged pistons no nitrous lmao

didn't someone here use to have a turbo 220 that went on fire or something?

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    i said it once and i'll say it again........no forged pistons no nitrous lmao
    you can squeeze on any engine, as long as it's done properly. Not giving it more than it can handle, and more importantly, a good tune.

the tune is EVERYTHING.

Originally posted by NickDellhall
    didn't someone here use to have a turbo 220 that went on fire or something?
    Yes, I believe you mean jstrat85 right? Hey, ask him.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

find a lexus with a v8 engine at the wreckers and do a engine swap or a SR20 or RB26 engine swap :P
    ive heard of, but not yet seen, a c220 with a lexus V8. im tryna hunt it down to have a look see. also theres another c220 with a 13b PP turbo..abit insane..way to much money gone into that engine but it would be better off in a WAYY lighter chassie..
    also a 190e with a Evo engine. i got pics of the c220 with the 13b and the 190e with the evo engine. ill post it up soon

post them pictures up lol. imagine a 190e EVO with a evo 9 engine. i dont think our german engine bays can fit a sr20 or can it?

Originally posted by undercover
    find a lexus with a v8 engine at the wreckers and do a engine swap or a SR20 or RB26 engine swap :P
    ive heard of, but not yet seen, a c220 with a lexus V8. im tryna hunt it down to have a look see. also theres another c220 with a 13b PP turbo..abit insane..way to much money gone into that engine but it would be better off in a WAYY lighter chassie..
    also a 190e with a Evo engine. i got pics of the c220 with the 13b and the 190e with the evo engine. ill post it up soon
    haha wow if youre going to put a skyline or silvia swap you might as well buy a 240sx.

Originally posted by Green Lantern
    post them pictures up lol. imagine a 190e EVO with a evo 9 engine. i dont think our german engine bays can fit a sr20 or can it?
    190E EVO

okay heres and expired listing the guy had put up selling his 190E Evo, im still at uni, ill get the pics up soon. also i thought this was interesting Louis Vuitton Paint job W202. dont know if you guys have seen it

the owner is toni.

and this was her first merc, 500SE with a 13B Turbo engine.

and yeah a SR20DETT engine can fit :P some minor adjustments and a big bite out of your pocket! lol
    ill get more pic's up with mercs and engine conversions

Originally posted by kyo216
    haha wow if youre going to put a skyline or silvia swap you might as well buy a 240sx.
    LOL, might az well :P
    or be different and have a japanese power a german-made go sideways like mad
    cant wait to see 23K's turbo project to finish and take it on the rd! :P

Originally posted by undercover
    LOL, might az well :P
    or be different and have a japanese power a german-made go sideways like mad
    cant wait to see 23K's turbo project to finish and take it on the rd! :P
    cant wait for his car to be up and running to. but the sr20 engine is about 4-5 grand depending on mileage and installation should be around 1-2g depending on the mods we have to make so it fits.

is that a sr20 motor? and MAN that muffler looks huge on that car