Thread: Pics of my Wiechers front and rear strut tower braces.

OG Moderator

Pics of my Wiechers front and rear strut tower braces.

Well everyone.. I finally have pics of my Wiechers strut tower braces... so enjoy!!

Front brace.. left side shot where mounts to body.

Front brace.. right side where mounts to body.

Front brace.. Full engine bay shot.

Rear brace.. left side trunk where mounts to body.. the right side is the same so no pic of the right side!

Rear brace.. full trunk shot with trunk panels in place.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

insane!!!!

Awesome!:smoke:

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

That's the 2nd W202 that got a Wiechers strut in the front.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

OG Moderator
    That's the 2nd W202 that got a Wiechers strut in the front.
    Whos the first??!! who beat me to it!

do u guys think under my hood looks pretty sweet??
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Nokia got his front strut like 2yrs ago...... and I should have gotten it at the same time if only I don't have those electrical bracket on the left side of my engine bay.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Slammed_C:

Your tower braces look awsome! Let me know where you got your Wiechers strut tower braces. I'd like to order a pair for my AMG. Post the web site if you can.

Thanks,
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

In Charge
    Tump:

Front tower braces are kinda difficult with the C43. There are alot of electronics and crap in the area to mount the bar.

Has anyone figured a way to bypass the setup to make the front bar work?

DLS
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

The only problem we encountered before was the throttle cable aside from that no other problemos...
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

OG Moderator
    your tower braces look awsome! Let me know where you got your Wiechers strut tower braces. I'd like to order a pair for my AMG. Post the web site if you can.
    Tump43: I delt with Wiechers directly..
    Wiechers sport
    u can get into contact with who I delt with.. Her name is Jennifer Krapitz and her email address is jennifer.krampitz@wiechers-sport.de
    good luck.

The only problem we encountered before was the throttle cable aside from that no other problem
    JRE: my strut braces came with a bracket to relocate the throttle cable lower down.. I would think it would also work on a C43.. but who knows.. she can tell u if it will work on a C43 or not.

We've tried that bracket but no luck. Who knows maybe this time they modified the bracket. The first batched was just based on an empty engine bay w/o thinking that there might be other things that would be on the way where you gonna mount the strut.
    So I was thinking that they came to theior senses that they have to use a model car that came out of the factory and not a
    skeleton model.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

OG Moderator
    That sucks.. U would think it would fit with no problems.. maybe Wiechers has got an updated version or something. just have to ask them. or u just have to Mcguiver it urself!! get me some string.. lemon juice and a tooth pick!!

So... how does it work?

Do you actually notice any difference in cornering?

How heavy were the parts?

Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(
    Dyno charts are cool... but trap times are proof. My Evo keeps me happy now.

OG Moderator
    So... how does it work?
    Do you actually notice any difference in cornering?
    How heavy were the parts?
    Honestly... I dont know!! I dont really notice any difference when going hard into the corners, plus the fact I cant remember what it felt like before I put them on!! who knows.... maybe a difference but not super noticable!!

And as for weight.. they weigh nothing!! all alluminum. the rear one is especially light.. theres hardly anything to it!! the front one is a nice piece.. but still doesnt weigh much at all.

Any body ever figure out how to fit them to a C43?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody