Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CLEAR LENSES for w202 headlights

CKlasse

CLEAR LENSES + PICTURE!

For those who are interested in clear lenses for headlights...

I spoke to people at

Plastic Supply Inc.

and we are in process of fabricating w202 clear lenses for my 95 c class. If any of you are interested in obtaining a set... let me know.

Perhaps we can lower the cost in quantity.

Thanks

Sounds very interesting. So, wait my lenses will be clear? How will that work though?

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

Uhh, you can only do this if you are doing the projector headlight conversion right? Otherwise you will blind the shit out of everyone on the road with no beam pattern on the lense.

Scotty, that's what I was trying to say LoL.

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

CKlasse
    Yes, projectors only.. thanks for clarifying!

Great work!

You have beaten me to the punch. I was going to pursue this with some companies as soon as I had time. I feel that there is a growing and potentially lucrative market for tastefully done aftermarket 202 products.

I am extremely interested in geeting a set and would like to join in on this. Will it just be limited to the clear lens covers, or will it include the projector type reflective back and bulbs (like a whole assembly)?

I currently just have the stock headlights that came on the 96 220 model. So I need to stay legal or close to it:-)

keep me posted on this one,
    Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(
    Dyno charts are cool... but trap times are proof. My Evo keeps me happy now.

CKlasse
    Jason,

I am buying a couple of dual projector headlights off Ebay... and will custom fit them into the 202 housing. It would be much simpler than Slammed C's I think. Quality wise, his would be better of course.

It would look like IS300.

Let me know about this as well. I just may have a sponsor for this for me since I know they want me to put this on their car..... KAMERAGUY GIVE UP THEM HEADLIGHTS FOR ME TO TRANSFORM

and you know when im done there will be a how to on the site to build your own as well
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

OK, seems this is where i need to chime in

Please keep me posted on this. I may be interested provided I can AFFORD this ;p

CKlasse
    hmmmm... with angel eyes....

ahhaha just wait to see what i got cooking for my version of projections.

i think there will be some cars on this site with some crazy looking headlights soon!!!!

Muahaha..i don't mind ordering a set ,depending on price, incase I want to do project 'chinese eyes' instead of 'angel eyes' hehehe
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

CKlasse
    Nokia,

My 'uncompromised' plan would be to utilize those staggered projector as in Maxima's head lights..but their assembly cost too much!!

Is that pic with the angel eyes photoshoped or actual? thats off the hook!!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

Damn, that's just what I was thinking... either halos like the Bimmers, or sweet projector type with 2 to 3 bulbs.

I swear if someone developed something cool and classy they could make some profits.

I must have this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking at the lights in our 2002 Jetta (never did any measuring though) and it looked like with some modification you might be able to use them.

Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(

I would definitely be interested if the deal was for complete assemblies. I don't know if I would be up for modding a set for myself.. Sounds a little too complicated for me.

Dave

If you come up with a set of those angel eyes/ or demon eyes even id be all over that. thats a must have mod right there. yeah i dont know about modding it myself though. MAYBE with a really good tutorial but id much rather just get the whole assembly.
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

This is club202. Of course I will write a how too build one. Just need cklasse to hook up them covers!!!

CKlasse
    Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
    Is that pic with the angel eyes photoshoped or actual? thats off the hook!!
    no... its a photoshop of course. I dont mean to mislead you.

Anyhow. stay tune for the prices and details. I am dropping off my lenses to them today to estimate the cost.

CKlasse
    Nokia,

I need your favor once more. Could you fax or simply post an image of the front lenses for both pre and post 97 c class? I need to fax images to few different place.

PSF's price is abit steep and has 3 week turn around.

At 5 pairs, we are looking at $150/pr. I am hoping we could lower it to $50-70/pr. The lenses will be made from Polycarbon - same material on my passat headlight.

I surely appreciate your help.

Ken

I'm in at $150 even (if we must) as long as the rest of the materials I will need to make this mod won't cost a fortune

I just ordered my Reiger body kit from RPI today. Should be down here on Monday or Tuesday... sweet!

Jason

The Modfather
    Wouldnt this effect the beam? or is this to go with Xenon's?

CKlasse
    For xenon application, you must use D2S projector seats.

If it's under $100 bucks i'm in..I just wanna blind the sheet outta people
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

i must say that will give the car such a clean look...Cklasse, you got any more pictures of upclose...do you have any clue as to how much it will cost...thanks

Elvir
    Baaa