Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CLEAR LENSES for w202 headlights

can you still get the clear lenses? id like to pick some up thanks!

Yeah, I'd like a good, cheap source of the clear corners, too. also, a reminder for a good and cheap deal on pads and air filters.....
    2000 C280 Sport; 2002 C230K Coupe

hey if you of you guys are in the new jersey area like middlesex or monmouth county and wanna try this project i willing to help. i know a goood amt of electornics and am really interested in making projects with leds, plus i wannna know the price on those bad boys, if i have the money ill chip in
    lookin for people in the area who are willing to work on parts for the w202, like that involves leds

1999 c280

what kind of LED project? I'm a ways from NJ, but I've got a "project" in my instrument cluster:

uhh the computer is not sending an "on" or "1" signal to that led, that means that it aint on literllay or the led could have just gone bust. those type of segmented displays, 7 segment led displays are trickey. takes a while to learn about those esp if they are in the heart of the cluster(like you have)ill work on it tomorrow and try to help you out

mblova
    1999 c280

some segments "come and go", and another poster suggested I pull the cluster, open it up, and clean the contacts with alcohol wipes; made it sound really simple, but I'm not a "pull the cluster" type!

not a bad idea, you should try doing that, but i dont know how to pull the cluster. the contacts could have oxidezed b/c that does happen with the seat adjustment switches.

mblova
    1999 c280

the led on the side is dying. you can try the previous suggested method, however continue with caution. These are made to not be tampered with, and if you try and open it up to replace the led(which you most likely have to do) you could cause something to fuck up.

mblova
    1999 c280

in addition to this removing the cluster is a job in itself... it isnt hard but if you are unexperienced it may be difficult... it requires a special tool which can be subbstituted with bent coat hanger... and also you will need to remove your steering wheel as well which envolves a certain drill bit that can be used to unscrew the airbag... if you would like more info you can message me or you can search... good luck...