Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CLEAR LENSES for w202 headlights

OG Moderator
    Just a few words of advice to u all.. anyone that is considering building projector xenons for their W202 that is!! there is less room in those stock W202 headlight assemblies than u think!! I found that out.. its very difficult to put more than one projector in there.. a benz projector that is.. since I'm using ML500 Bi-xenon projectors for my project!! with all u talking about using nissan and VW projectors.. maybe u can fit them in easily.. dont know how big they r.. I only used Benz parts cause I can get them for free!! I didnt want to have to go out and buy anything. why not use OEM parts!! lol
    good luck to u all.. and there r gonna be some crazy W202 running around with some sick headlights!! lets all post pics of our progress!!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

CKlasse
    There will be a slight delay on the first prototype.. I just wrecked my car

oh oh that's not good
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Originally posted by CKlasse
    There will be a slight delay on the first prototype.. I just wrecked my car
    wtf?!?!?!
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

CKlasse
    No biggie, Nokia. It was a fender bender during a friendly race at the Stapelton - at turn #3. I shouldve known better than to test the suspension without the powertrain being completely finished.

The bad thing is that no insurance will cover this damage

Anyway, I have appointment on next tuesday for the fitting and finishing touch the cover! Hopefully, the result would be what I expected.

Stay tune for pictures!

sorry to hear that....how much was the damage

Elvir
    Baaa

didn't someone hit you in the parking lot?
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

CKlasse
    Originally posted by Eurosport
    didn't someone hit you in the parking lot?
    LOL... too bad..The benz is not insured..neither is the other track car. No worries... I found most of the parts already.

The C is a project car. It spends most of its time on the lift if not the parking lot at work. I drive it once a while.. but it is far from being completely done. So I figure I would wait 'til everything is done and go through the emission test, and finally get it insured.

The M3 is my buddy's project car also. We just finished installing downpipe and catback that morning, and decided to go to the track to see what kind of suspension upgrade it would need. Then the accident happened.

He runs a small dealership, he couldve claim his damage on his commercial insurance. But both of cars' damages are at minimal considering what happened. I am just happy I didnt bent my rim.

CKlasse
    Hey,

Does post 97 has the rubber piece on the lense as the pre 97 does? Thanks

Originally posted by CKlasse
    Hey,

Does post 97 has the rubber piece on the lense as the pre 97 does? Thanks
    97+ lights..

is this what you talking about?
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Sigh..this is one project that I never got around to doing..I had bought a set of single projector, dual angel eye headlights for a civic and took them apart...maybe i'll play around with it this weekend since it's going to rain...
    2006 xB - bubble tea mobile
    1984 AE86 SR5 - project levin
    1986 AE86 GTS - project trueno

OG Moderator
    I'm getting closer to being done!! I wired up my headlight last night.. and tried it today in my car.. just unpluged my stock headlight and pluged in my new one. I couldnt believe it either!! it actually works.. the xenon light up, then I flicked my high beam on and high beam xenon!! then I pulled out the knob for fog.. it worked too.. everything worked! I'll have to take pics of it working so u can see it!! looks a bit rough now.. all the bits r inside the headlight housing just sitting there.. next is to actually mount the projector in my headlight and glue it in place.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

I hope this looks better than it sounds...lol...glue??

I've been told that only 97+ have removable lenses?? I guess I'm wrong! I'm down for some new covers for sure.
    1996 C36 /////AMG..(sold).....now rolling an \'05 EVO VIII

OG Moderator
    I hope this looks better than it sounds...lol...glue??
    glue.. well epoxy the projector assembly into place in my stock W202 housing. kinda hard to describe. trust me!!
    I've been told that only 97+ have removable lenses?? I guess I'm wrong! I'm down for some new covers for sure.
    ur right.. I'm not sure what year it is.. 97+ might be right.. but the glass lense is replaceable on the headlight.. just for some reason the older 202's needed a whole headlight assembly if the glass was cracked.. such a rip off if u ask me!!

CKlasse
    Anyone wanna volunteer their 'cracked' or used 97+ lenses? Thanks

Any news on the projector light project and the polycarbonate clear lenses? I would be interested in installing projector xenon lights too.

I did a search and this thread came up, i am ALSO looking for pojector headlights for my 2000 C280 sport i just got my Hella 10000K conversion kit and it is amazingly bright as hell!!! people alwas flash their brights at me cuz they think that my brights are on but anywayz i really want a projector assembly for my stock housings and im willing to pay the $150 or more if it gets me a good set! please keep posting with details

Hey grkpmpn69,
    didn't take you long to find this forum---when you gonna post some pics of your clear corners? and where/how much were your super bright bulbs? how many watts?
    2000 C280 Sport; 2002 C230K Coupe

EDDIEO! my main man, im gonna post some picks in a couple of days, and my conversion kit is the hella 10000K ill take a pic to show all...

Got the pics soner than i thought, i got the conversion kit from a hella retailer in the city (chicago)...i paid $385, but it retailes for $475...i know the guy, n-e-wayz here they are for all to see, also there are some pics of my air intake with a cold air induction duct
    that i fabricated myself...ENJOY!

ok so as you all know i am retarded and cant post a pic. if you guys want to see i will post them in the W202 pic. thread in this forum mbworld.org

If you're still "collecting" forums, try these as well:

for mechanical advice...
    similar to MBWorld....
    more 203 than 202, but someday....
    cell phones....
    plumbing!....

the plumbing one needs a little help, but I'm a big do-it-yourself-er, and am always on the lookout for expert help. now, if I could only find architecture and construction!
    2000 C280 Sport; 2002 C230K Coupe

i didnt know there were so many!! thanks again eddieo!

Let me know where I can grab the lenses from.