Thread: strange clicking from the back???? help

strange clicking from the back???? help

i have a 95 c36. every time i have more then 2 other people in the car and take a corner accelerating i would hear a click click sound from the back. it mostly happens on right hand turns. someone told me it could be the diff. ??? any ideas

my diff just went out last night on my c43 and it sounded like clickin then a shotgun, I had to park it by the new lexus dealership in bellevue and get it towed today!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

check your swaybar ends. if i recall, they're plastic because there's very little stress put on them, but they have been known to crack. also, check out the other arms back there, as it's a 5-arm link, something could be broken/worn with the estimated mileage you're probably touching on the c36 (my guess is around 160,000 miles)

i dont know what your problem is, but if you jack your car up and have a look around under the back would probebly be a good start.
    and to add to jnolte
    my diff is also stuffed at the mo and im in the process of finding another one!
    -Logan-

i have lifted the car up and i have not seen any kind of damage or problems. the car is at 135,000 miles and it only makes the noise when there as more the 2 people in the car...so if there is weight in the back. im going to try to change my diff. oil this week. ps the guys who's c43 broke down in bellevue area....i saw it today when i drive by and it looks sick.

I seem to be having a grinding noise too, but its only when i really get on it from lower speeds. Maby the same.. Just replaced the diff oil.. possibly tranny.
    My vote for you dean is the CV's or diff.

Originally posted by bginamercedes
    i have lifted the car up and i have not seen any kind of damage or problems. the car is at 135,000 miles and it only makes the noise when there as more the 2 people in the car...so if there is weight in the back. im going to try to change my diff. oil this week. ps the guys who's c43 broke down in bellevue area....i saw it today when i drive by and it looks sick.
    you wanna buy it?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

How much are you going to sell it for?

did some guy in a Kia optima rev his engine at you at the stoplight on the lakehills connector? That was me in my rental while my c43 is in the shop hahahaa
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

ahahah i remember that...ahahh that's funny

ahahah i remember that...ahahh that's funny
    my kia would of smoked ur 36 fo sho
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson