Thread: Some Quick Questions

Some Quick Questions

I have a 99 23k, custom CAI, iridium plugs and that’s about it

1. I'll put 110 Octane fuel, and didn't really feel a difference. The only thing I’ve had noticed is 7 psi at 120mph, about 1 more pound from what my CAI was giving me. Does the ECU retard the timing because of the octane? ***QUESTION ANSWERD***

2. Now when i was looking at the supercharger, i noticed some vac lines going into it. Does that engage the clutch on the supercharger? If not what is it there for.

3. Now if im not mistake the bypass is really there to take in air when the supercharger is not on, and release any over boost at decelerating or dropping down on rpms. When I’m on the line i brake and rev till 2k rpms, and launch. Now what if i was to limit the flow of air before the bypass, would that help in acceleration? i think that stupid bypass is robbing alot of hp.

4. Im wanna run a nitrous bottle about a 50 to 75 shot, i talked to guy at nitrous express. this is what he said

"Chris,
    I would suggest the 20923-10. This is a single nozzle wet system that is adjustable 35-50-75hp. I would also suggest the GenX-2. This includes the automatic bottle heater, fuel pressure safety switch, nitrous pressure gauge, purge valve, NHRA blow-off cap and NHRA blow-down tube. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

Josh Phillips
    Sales Manager Nitrous Express, Inc.
    5411 Seymour Hwy
    Wichita Falls, TX
    josh@nitrousexpress.com
    AIM: NxJosh
    tel: 940-767-7694
    fax: 940-687-0751 "

im scard that since its a auto, all that boost will it shift without any problems or do i have to let go of the gas when its about to red line because the bottle only sprays when u floor it?
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

thats a good thing you Shouldn’t feel a diffrance and i hope that its wasn’t 110 low lead fuel
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

Originally posted by Nelson Lago
    thats a good thing you Shouldn’t feel a diffrance and i hope that its wasn’t 110 low lead fuel
    Why shouldn't you feel a difference? it was werd because in my yamaha raptor we put 93 or 110 octane, and theres a noticable difference, thats why i was wondering if the computer automaticlly retards the timing.

Yes, teh ECU will adjust the timing. The ECU is programmed to run within the range of a certain fuel grade specific to your car. If it is 91 octane, you will not benefit at all by running a higher grade fuel.
    Same as cars that are set to run on "regular" 87-89 octane. They will benefit none by running premuim. The only thing is does is thin out your wallet.
    On the flip side. ALL gasoine engines are engineered by Federal standards to run on regular unleaded. I am by no means saying that, that is a good thing. BUT if you have a c6 Z06 vette & are stuck at a station that only has regular. YOU CAN use it without fear of damaging your engine. BUT it is not meant to be run on it constantly.
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

Originally posted by Espresso
    Yes, teh ECU will adjust the timing. The ECU is programmed to run within the range of a certain fuel grade specific to your car. If it is 91 octane, you will not benefit at all by running a higher grade fuel.
    Same as cars that are set to run on "regular" 87-89 octane. They will benefit none by running premuim. The only thing is does is thin out your wallet.
    On the flip side. ALL gasoine engines are engineered by Federal standards to run on regular unleaded. I am by no means saying that, that is a good thing. BUT if you have a c6 Z06 vette & are stuck at a station that only has regular. YOU CAN use it without fear of damaging your engine. BUT it is not meant to be run on it constantly.
    what for the 7 pound of boost at 120mph lmao?

Someone was saying that i could port the supercharger anyone have any ideas?

Octane rating does not equally equate to power, rather the connection is that higher compression engines, like race engines, need it to avoid pre-detonation, so people assume that it's the gas that makes the engine more powerful, when actually it's the other way around.

Race engines run very hot, at high compression and typically don't have knock sensors. Street engines are the opposite, so using triple octane fuels is a waste.

Slightly higher octane will be beneficial for car owners in hot, dry climates like the desert.
    1985 2.3E
    1985 2.3-16
    1999 C280

well see i was always told that higher octane burns more slow not faster like most people think. slower the burn the bigger the compresion. the bigger the compression the more hp it will produce?

nope its just for higher compression engines but if you exceed your cars octane it doesnt do any thing but cost more
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

Originally posted by Nelson Lago
    nope its just for higher compression engines but if you exceed your cars octane it doesnt do any thing but cost more
    LMAO WHY IS EVERYONE ANSWERING THE EZ QUESTIONS!!!

i had 20 bucks to burn i really didn't care, i really just wanted to see what it would do, lmao i don't think i need fuel injector cleaner for a while.

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    well see i was always told that higher octane burns more slow not faster like most people think. slower the burn the bigger the compresion. the bigger the compression the more hp it will produce?
    AN octane rating is ONLY an indication of it's resitance(sensitivity) to knock(detonation). High octane does not equal high power.
    LEADED fuel burns slower than UNLEADED. But premium, DOES NOT "burn faster or slower" than regular.
    With racing fuels you want to be more concerned with the MON vs. the RON numbers.

Higher octane ONLY helps if your engine is detonating(knocking). If it is not, using a higher octane WILL NOT help.
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch