Thread: Pads???

Pads???

Ok guys sorry if i sound like an idiot but i need a lil info. im dropped 1.5 all round on vogtland springs but i want the rear end up just a wee lil bit. (it just seems like it hangs a lil lower than front) plus when i add a system i want the xtra lift up so it will settle even with the weight. Now i hear you guys all talkin bout "pads" #1-5. what are they where do they install/how. and what is the amt. of lift up per pad? would this be the fix for my problem? Thanks for any help!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

CKlasse
    How do you like your springs? Stiff yet soft? I compared eibach pro kit and vogtland before I chose vogtland. No other springs in my mind as soft yet stiff (progressive springs) during cornerning.

I also have the same prob with lowering. It was too low. I was on #1 and #2, front and rear respectively. Now, I am on #3 and #2, and loving it. The turns is solid.. no body rolls. Although I can use a tower bar... oh well as soon as the engine is done.

i love em seems at just the right height for me. but thats what im talkin about. you say you are on #3 and #2. what are they xactly and how do they go on? also i just need a lil xtra lift on the rear the front is fine. so what would i need to go with? like a #2 or sumthin i dont know how the scale works (number of pad equal to what increase in height?) thanks.
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=2

If you would see the W202 here mine is pad#2 all around and Nokias car is pad#1 all around.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

so stock there are no pads correct? if thats the case i think i might just want to go with a #1 in rear and leave the front as is. can you do that or if you put pads in the rear do you have to up front as well?
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

your car does come with pads stock, although depending on your options package, who knows exactly what's in there right now. You just need to take a peek to know for sure.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Right now i am running number 2 pads in the front and 3s out back.

1 is skinniest pad for more drop

5 is fattest pad for most lift

YOu get the idea.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

I'll show you your pads when we meet later this week...
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

CKlasse
    Yep, have JRE took off your rear pads and see what they are... increase the height by a pad number or two.

Thanks

Originally posted by CKlasse
    Yep, have JRE took off your rear pads and see what they are... increase the height by a pad number or two.

Thanks
    I ain't gonna take them off.... I'll just show him where he can get the pad# on his car.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014