Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I ordered the sun shade

I ordered the sun shade

Got the ok from my wife right before she went to bed!! Oh yeah!!!
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Re: I ordered the sun shade

Originally posted by nokia8860
    Got the ok from my wife right before she went to bed!! Oh yeah!!!

Whats the " sun shade "?? That you ordered
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

you already have the switch installed from before right? Niceeee!
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Are these the "side" sun shades, or the power rear?

Originally posted by kameraguy
    Are these the "side" sun shades, or the power rear?
    power

but i will couple that with the sides too

Should be here in a week or so.

Damn!!!! Sweet power sunshade!!!! so can I have your old clips....
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Damn I just broke mine. hahah.

Was trying to manually "force it down" and I broke one of metal bar.. Well, at least I got it down.

Originally posted by William420
    Damn I just broke mine. hahah.

Was trying to manually "force it down" and I broke one of metal bar.. Well, at least I got it down.
    now you just made of a mess!!! hahaha you should have took it apart and just replaced the motor! hahaha

Dammit Will....here we are trying to get POWER shades when you HAVE power shades but try to MANUALLY close it!!

And another DAMMIT....After reading this thread I said to myself, eh, i'm happy with my manual shade.....so let me use it today. When i go to pull it up, half of the mount comes up too. I'm like WTF. Turns out one of the self-tapping screws lost it's grip to the rear shelf and now my sunshade is half mounted. Dammmit!! Grrr.....

hahha yup I should have just replaced the motor. But I look at the bright side, because now I don't have to spend $$$ on the motor anymore. And no I'm not going to replace the shade. Just gonna leave it. You know, I still think it may be possible to close the shade manually if you use the right pressure. I used too much force I believe. Try it Joey. hahahha

Kam, believe me if I have to make a choice between Power & Manual Sunshade, I would choose Manual!!! No motor to worry about.. Keep your manual shade man!!!

chris,

thats one reason why i decided to get the power one because my screws are no longer holding the shade down. I was like hmmm I could fix that... naw.... so power it is

I phear when you see it on my car you will buy one as well... its ok just sell the other kidney.

Yeah.... and I know how much it will cost to buy all the parts.... so what about the clips I'm asking you.....
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

yeah yeah yeah i know you know the cost and best part of it its all wholesale boi!!!!!

sorry man ima keep the clips and manual sunshade... i gots some plans for that. if all goes well it will be one cool ass club202 mod!

You got folding seats right? So how it gonna work?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

hows what suppose to work?

NM. I think I got it.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

man this thing is taking forever to get here!! :bunny:

Did u check the front office of your apt. complex?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Oh, the same problems with teh screws happened to you too Joey? Ok, now I feel somewhat better thinking I'm the only one having stupid little problems

I can't believe how crappy MB made the manual sunshade mount. Did they think nobody would have problems? Basterds!!

Hahahaha, you know it's a good thing i'm broke with minidisc purchases, otherwise I just might get that sunshade!

Will, It appears the grass is always greener. It seems you prefer manual wheras I prefer power. So.....you know what i'm about to propose, right? Hehehehehehe

Originally posted by kameraguy
    Will, It appears the grass is always greener. It seems you prefer manual wheras I prefer power. So.....you know what i'm about to propose, right? Hehehehehehe
    Oh heck yah... You want to trade your working sunshade with my shade that has fried motor and 1 broken metal bar. Chris, you DON'T have to "PROPOSE" that. All you gotta do is "ask". We are friends, and you know I'll do you the favor and make the trade JUST FOR YOU! hahahahaha

Originally posted by William420
    Oh heck yah... You want to trade your working sunshade with my shade that has fried motor and 1 broken metal bar. Chris, you DON'T have to "PROPOSE" that. All you gotta do is "ask". We are friends, and you know I'll do you the favor and make the trade JUST FOR YOU! hahahahaha
    Wow!!! what a guy...... willing to trade his power sunshade with a manual one... except Will gonna ask Chris to pick up from his place in L.A........
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Now this is P!MP.

I get back from lunch and @ my cube is a very large package larger than my cube with a big ol mb logo right on it. Of course I knew what this was so I ripp'd open the package and oh yeahhhh..... wire harness and rear shelf. One thing is for sure if you have a 97 with a black shelf and you purchase a new one this sucker is BLACK!!!!

I pull it out and at the bottom of the package is the harness. So now im thinking sunshade... nada. I go up front and ask around for another package nada. I look at the invoice... nada.

So I call tom up and say I have 2 of 3. He is like wondering too cuz I was charged for the sunshade. He says he'll call me back. 15mins go by and I get a call. Tom said it was a shipping error and they guys that do the shipping didnt ship it out. Im like in my head crap I wanted to install it this weekend.

Tom says he can saturday ship it. Im like but no one is at work. Hes like thats ok. Tell me where ya gonna be and i'll ship it there. So i did and he says ok you'll have it tomorrow no charge on shipping its our error.

:werd:

It is our duty as members of CLUB202 to support great ppl like tom!!!

that guy is awesome, that's all i gotta say
    now get that shade going with some picts?
    it'll be pimpalicious
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

how much did it all cost?

After the delay in actually getting a working sunshade and the hook up at osh for 3 nuts and washers, the cashier thought I was a student in the AV department holding a screen for a projector, and a few cus words later its done.

Now I dont have to run to the back to pull up or down the sunshade. I can just press a button.

Here is the switch.

And the shade.