Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I ordered the sun shade

one word: PIMP
    now get some real tint that way even more privacy for road heads
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Originally posted by nokia8860
    And the shade.
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDZAhYTKm*XeNiG4BqrTv4s5w*uX*aTos9B8hOcE*GKJ6uoe 9RlYnI5!44NeWV1IXru3vN6JaACjelX7B3KVv!Nv*pmg2Zke5A 6kJCbt9Y/TVant03.jpg?dc=4675414068305432843[/img]

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

whats the cost on doing something like this?
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

Where can I get a manual sunshade for my 94 C220? And does anyone know how much it would cost?
    1994 w202 C220
    2002 E46 BMW 325Ci
    [Retired 2000 C230K Sport]

Originally posted by JDoggery
    whats the cost on doing something like this?
    The shade itself is around 550+ depending on your discounts at the dealer.

Originally posted by Faheem Daddy
    Where can I get a manual sunshade for my 94 C220? And does anyone know how much it would cost?
    Doesnt matter what year your 202 is the manual one will fit all and is around 80 bucks at the dealer.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Doesnt matter what year your 202 is the manual one will fit all and is around 80 bucks at the dealer.
    So the manual shade is only $80 from the dealer? The $550 you quoted JDoggery is for the power shade, right? Do I have to replace the whole rear shelf or does the manual shade simply bolt onto it? Does anyone have a part number for the manual shade?
    1994 w202 C220
    2002 E46 BMW 325Ci

The manual just uses self tapping screws to your current rear parcel. I dont have a part number for this nor the manual rear passenger ones either. A visit to your dealer will allow them to order this for you.

You are correct the 550 price is for the power unit which will require a new rear parcel, wire harness, switch and center gear shift panel. So there is a lot more than the 550 and youre looking closer to 900 for everything.

The manual just uses self tapping screws to your current rear parcel. I dont have a part number for this nor the manual rear passenger ones either. A visit to your dealer will allow them to order this for you.

You are correct the 550 price is for the power unit which will require a new rear parcel, wire harness, switch and center gear shift panel. So there is a lot more than the 550 and youre looking closer to 900 for everything.
    Cool, thanks for the info...I'm gonna call my dealer right now.
    1994 w202 C220
    2002 E46 BMW 325Ci

Does anyone have a part number for the manual shade?

Part number for rear manual sunshade should be: B66691179 (as said it's about 80 Euro/$) you need also an installation kit (don't worry, just a couple of Euro/$, for partnumber check to the dealer, they should know with the order of the manual shade).

Please be informed that, after visit to my local dealer I saw that a FURTHER manual sunshade code was present, with a different description of the shade material (it seems an up-graded material)!

So it'll be very usefull to investigate before purchase the difference between. Installation kit, obviouslly, is the same.

I'm planning to buy mine for Christmas.

Ciao

About electric rear sunshade, for those that have already performed that modification, how many possibility does exist to adapt (kutting) the standard rear parcel to accept an electric sunshade?

It's really a lot of money!

Does exist some used parts that are available! Cheaper is better!

May be I'll go with the manual!

hi

1998k: It is very possible to cut your exsiting rear parcel to fit the power shade. When you remove the parcel and look beind it there is already a template in where you will need to cut.

The only reason I purchased a new parcel is because my cutting would not be straight.

thanks for the info guys, sounds likes a project I may soon take on
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

Originally posted by 1998K
    Part number for rear manual sunshade should be: B66691179 (as said it's about 80 Euro/$) you need also an installation kit (don't worry, just a couple of Euro/$, for partnumber check to the dealer, they should know with the order of the manual shade).

Please be informed that, after visit to my local dealer I saw that a FURTHER manual sunshade code was present, with a different description of the shade material (it seems an up-graded material)!

So it'll be very usefull to investigate before purchase the difference between. Installation kit, obviouslly, is the same.

I'm planning to buy mine for Christmas.

Ciao
    Thanks for the info, I'm going to get in touch with the parts dept at my dealer this weekend and see what they have. If the new shade is made of better material, I'll keep you all posted and tell you how it all works out.
    1994 w202 C220
    2002 E46 BMW 325Ci

Question

One more question:

Will I have to poke holes into the roof liner of my car in order for the sunshade to clip in? What I'm asking is, when I have the shade pulled up, where is it going to attach to? My mom's Volvo has a manual rear sunshade that clips into 2 holes in the ceiling of the car...would anyone happen to have pics of the manual sunshade installed in their w202?
    1994 w202 C220
    2002 E46 BMW 325Ci

1998k: It is very possible to cut your exsiting rear parcel to fit the power shade. When you remove the parcel and look beind it there is already a template in where you will need to cut.

The only reason I purchased a new parcel is because my cutting would not be straight.
    Thanks a lot for your useful information.

One more question:

Will I have to poke holes into the roof liner of my car in order for the sunshade to clip in? What I'm asking is, when I have the shade pulled up, where is it going to attach to? My mom's Volvo has a manual rear sunshade that clips into 2 holes in the ceiling of the car...would anyone happen to have pics of the manual sunshade installed in their w202?
    Holes and clip will be necessary (obviously included in the kit), pics will be welcome also for me, but in my mind I'm wondering a similar installation as the Volvo or any other rear manual sunshade (i.e. also aftermarket). MB manual sunshade I think differs only for the customized size and base placement.

Marco

Originally posted by 1998K
    About electric rear sunshade, for those that have already performed that modification, how many possibility does exist to adapt (kutting) the standard rear parcel to accept an electric sunshade?

It's really a lot of money!
    The parcel itself is hardly 100 euro...and the rear deck fabric cover is glued onto the back side of the panel which will prevent it from getting loose in the sun...I wouldn't cut my own reardeck myself...especially not when you compare the deck costs with the actual shade costs...
    Save money by ordering a 210 wire harness instead of a 202 one (half the price - same wiring except for the length of the ground cable and connectr at the fusebox side).

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

Originally posted by MBenzNL
    The parcel itself is hardly 100 euro...and the rear deck fabric cover is glued onto the back side of the panel which will prevent it from getting loose in the sun...I wouldn't cut my own reardeck myself...especially not when you compare the deck costs with the actual shade costs...
    Save money by ordering a 210 wire harness instead of a 202 one (half the price - same wiring except for the length of the ground cable and connectr at the fusebox side).

greetingz,
    thanks a lot MBenzNL, unfortunately, to save money I'm forced to chose manual shade!:bored: :bored: :bored:

Hi

Is it possible to take the power/electric rear sunshade off of a 2000 clk and put in on 99 202? What is a parcel? Other parts needed? Is the center console piece drillable (to make space for the rear sunshade button) or will it crack? thanks

Originally posted by Kswiss
    Is it possible to take the power/electric rear sunshade off of a 2000 clk and put in on 99 202? What is a parcel? Other parts needed? Is the center console piece drillable (to make space for the rear sunshade button) or will it crack? thanks
    I'm quite sure the clk will not fit the W202, probably someother may confirm. As far as the parcel, it's the rear cover (where the first aid kit is located), you need a new one or, as said, you can adapt your older but, it's a matter of well work to avoid damages. Probably better to buy a new one

Other parts should be already listed and posted: cable connection, button,....

As far the consolle, it can be drilled but, again be carefully to avoid damage.

That are the main reason I bought a rear manual shades cheaper than ab.550$/Euro

Someone asked how the manual shade attaches at the headliner.

The manual shade should come with 2 plastic pieces, that are shaped to fit in the top corners of the rear window where the headliner meets the rear window. The plastic "clips" have a groove molded into them, where the sunshade attaches on either side of the car when it is put up. They come with double sided tape, and hold well.

What doesnt hold well is the shade it self. As others have mentioned, my sunshade came loos from the rear parcel shelf. The self tapping screws lost their grip, and no longer hold the base of the shade down securely. Im planning on taking out the parcel shelf, and mounting new screws with nuts on the back to hold the base of the shade down permanently and securely. I'll probably weld it all together so the nuts dont loosen and fall off.
    1996.5 C280 Sport - Special Order Beryll Blue/Parchment
    1984 300D Turbodiesel - Orient Red/Palomino Tex
    1993 Volvo 244 - Sky Blue Met./Blue
    1985 Volvo 245 Turbo - Rosewood Met./Tan

http://www.cbs.nu/
    http://www.fieri.org/
    http://www.fabprefab.com/

Originally posted by C Sport 6
    What doesnt hold well is the shade it self. As others have mentioned, my sunshade came loos from the rear parcel shelf. The self tapping screws lost their grip, and no longer hold the base of the shade down securely. Im planning on taking out the parcel shelf, and mounting new screws with nuts on the back to hold the base of the shade down permanently and securely. I'll probably weld it all together so the nuts dont loosen and fall off.
    this is really a bad problem. Sorry

The solution you are planning is the best one. You need only the time to dismount the parcel