Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supra turbo in w202?

Supra turbo in w202?

the other day my freind said that the toyota supra also has an inline 6 and they produce or can produce alot of power. and i was wondering if maybe a turbo kite or stock turbo ( if there is one ) will fit....maybe with a few mods or maybe just the idea taken from it for the setup or what not. if anyone knows that would be awesome
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

From what I understand a turbo is a turbo is a turbo, granted some being better than others. I believe the turbine housings are different but I think they are universal as well. It's what goes along with the turbo, ECU, piping, intercooler, wastegate, etc....this is the tricky stuff.

BTW, there is a very nice 500E(I think) with a supra motor and turbo setup on youtube somewhere. Pretty badasss.
    .....I drive sideways.....
    *98\'C43 Supercharged
    *H&R springs
    *Bilstien Shocks
    *Magnecore race wires
    *Phelonic intake spacers
    *Bosche Clears
    *Custom 3in stainless exhaust
    *Renntech Monolite 18\'s
    *Some other stupid stuff
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/nitrogenbalance/0801.07pics054.jpg

oo yea haha, it was sick ...but all in japanese. i say a few of them ( 500e) in the past week tho
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

you mean just the turbo or the actual engine?

think he meant turbo but imagine a 2JZ engine in a c280......real head turner right there.

ya turbo is turbo, ECU only recognizes air not the brand of the turbo it comes from. As long as ECU tuning is properly done, should be just fine.

Originally posted by Green Lantern
    think he meant turbo but imagine a 2JZ engine in a c280......real head turner right there.

there is a w202 with a 2jz in it, its in asia somewhere i forgot the details
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

i think there is a 2Jz in at least one of every kind of car in the world, its the motor swap choice favorite lol.

what would be sick is if we can produce as much power out of a 280, w202 as thay can with a 2jz then finaly people will respect a benz
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

well my what i meant in my original question was. what if i get parts ( header/ manifolds, ect) from a supra and make it fit and work on a M104 motor.
    im sure supra parts are a little easier to find and are simpler to manage and maintain or w/e.

maybe, a little cheaper too
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

Originally posted by Nelson Lago
    what would be sick is if we can produce as much power out of a 280, w202 as thay can with a 2jz then finaly people will respect a benz
    If people arent respecting your benz already, you might be doing something wrong.. LOL

its a c class y would somone respect it (performance wise)
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

Originally posted by mike mac
    well my what i meant in my original question was. what if i get parts ( header/ manifolds, ect) from a supra and make it fit and work on a M104 motor.
    im sure supra parts are a little easier to find and are simpler to manage and maintain or w/e.

maybe, a little cheaper too
    you might as well just put the 2jz engine in there, fabbing the headers, manifolds and whatnot are going to cost you a fortune and dont think supra parts are cheap, they are pretty expensive....

Originally posted by Nelson Lago
    its a c class y would somone respect it (performance wise)
    my car is respected (performance wise) i do 0-60 in high 6's. i know thats not all that but i beat many domestics, imports and other uero's.
    i have a c280, raced a c36 of the line to 70, lost by 1/3 of a car
    95 black on black c280
    drop in K$N filter
    16\" e class wheels
    tinted windows
    c36 front lip
    integrated phone

i have the same just mine is a 99 also with a k&n filiter but no one will ever respect it. thay all say its a mercedes their mad for luxry its not fast. granted i never race them so thay cant tell but you dont see many mercedes custom tuned and thats all those people see. If you can tune it, it must be fast if not, its slow. and thats why no one or not many people respect a benz.............when i say "those people" i mean people in my school and on the street
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

Have these people ever heard of AMG?? Respect is included
    with every one sold.
    1998 C43 White w/blue & black leather, xenons and more.
    MODS: 18\" SSR GT3\'s 8\'s front/ 9\'s rear. Custom cross-drilled AMG rotors
    w/red calipers. H&R sport springs and Koni yellows, avantgarde grill, custom blue CF interior trim, Llumar
    35% Tint. Clear corners, 2) K&N
    filters. Blaup/Chicago
    7\" monitor DVD w/ 5:1 surround, Pioneer center channel, JL Audio W7 8\" sub w/Memphis 500W amp,
    illum. door sills and alum. AMG pedals.
    MODS coming: It might be for sale.

I get plenty of respect, not just since it's a mercedes, but, it can take most cars in my school's lot. If you look at it, 7.2 seconds to sixty isn't that bad considering what most cars will do. It's not a sports car by any means, but it's definately better than a honda civic(stock of course).
    2007 E350 Sport
    1999 C230 Komp. with exhaust.

im talking about a non amg mercedes but one of my honda buddies was at a drag stripe with some of his honda buddies and thay saw a E55 now my friend isn't a mercedes hater but his friends are and he said to his friend that the car (e55) can run 12's and his friends said " no way its a mercedes and its for doors no way" ...so not all people respect a AMG and pluse most honda go 0-60 in 6.9 to 7 sec but thay will get off the line first but at about 80 a benz has them ( gotta love autobhan tuned)
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

here is that video you guys were talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Ahlw8RuIs

pretty sure it can be done to a W202 if you have the will and means.

werd ass Japanise people iwish it was in english
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

I know this won't be for everyone, but here is my W202 with a 2JZ conversion underway.

All bolted in now on it's mounts

GT35R with Tial rear housing.

Not too much big stuff to go now , plenty of small jobs once she gets home.

hey Glen your downpipe looks huge are they 3.5"?
    I am having issue with my downpipe clearance Im trying to fit a 3.5" one but cant find any space.
    do you have a vertical shot of your downpipe?
    what diff will you be using?

with 2jz and gt35r you should be able to hit 350rwkw without dramas with the right supporting mods and tune.
    what ecu are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by evevevevev View Post
    hey Glen your downpipe looks huge are they 3.5"?
    I am having issue with my downpipe clearance Im trying to fit a 3.5" one but cant find any space.
    do you have a vertical shot of your downpipe?
    what diff will you be using?

with 2jz and gt35r you should be able to hit 350rwkw without dramas with the right supporting mods and tune.
    what ecu are you using?
    Hi there, yes 3.5" Dump with 3" after the cat convertor.

Diff is factory for now, i have no idea how strong/weak they are. If i have problems, i will probably fit a R200 diff to it.

No vertical shots of the dump yet, but i will in a week or 2 when i remove to ceramic coat.

Yes 400+ RWHP is the plan.

ECU-factory to get it running, then will switch to a Motec to run the fuel/ignition.

keep posting would be interesting to see.
    keen to know how did you clear the 3.5" dump as I have a 1jz in my 202 with 2.5" dump and 3.5" right after dump all the way to the back.
    been wanting to upgrade the dump as well but it barely fit 2.5" already. (blocked by chassis)

I have been running stock diff for 2years+ it has shown no sign of giving up yet. (with frequent hard driving and launch with 2200rpm stall)
    problem is with A341E box and stock diff (which i believe has mid 3's :1 diff ratio) the gear ratios will be freaking long!

Badass! I love engine swaps from different manufacturers. Keep the pics coming.