Thread: best buy?

best buy?

is best buy reliable on installs? i got an alpine cda-9885 from them and they gave me free install. i'm still looking for a shop in fairfield or anywhere near fairfield to do my whole system. thanks in advance
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

go to caraudio.com

post a thread "need install help in this area" thread

best buy isn't reliable and there are a few tricks to our cars at times.

-drew
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe
    daily driver is a bicycle

best buy=:Ogre:
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

oh well...i'll just have to find some shops in the area
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

does your memory on the Alpine work ?

oh hey sorry about the other day - like I said my phone is really old the battery just doesnt hold. you can always just PM me.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

no problem the other day.. memory in the alpine? what's that?
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

the best buy nearest me (mira mesa) is known to purposely set up the stereos to blow. pretty tricky if you ask me.

they setup my clueless friend with an amp that put out more than double what the sub was rated for. break-in aside, they set the gain to 100% and set him on his way.

I would have saved him a ton of cash but someone told him that If i install his shit there would be no warranty.
    I was like "so?"

Originally posted by svt ricco
    no problem the other day.. memory in the alpine? what's that?
    you tune your Treble and Bass for example and when you shut the car off, turn it back on - it goes to its default settings. does it do that ?
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

oh,i still have the deck in the box, haven't installed them yet,i'll just install them myself maybe on sunday. it'll be my first diy in my car..gotta know my car so i have to start somewhere right?
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

Originally posted by svt ricco
    oh,i still have the deck in the box, haven't installed them yet,i'll just install them myself maybe on sunday. it'll be my first diy in my car..gotta know my car so i have to start somewhere right?
    If you diy don't cut any wires in your car. Do a search about this topic.

i don't think i have to cut ant wires, i have all the necessary wiring harnesses i need...i think all i have to do is just connect those wires and that's it....what do you think?
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

If you have the correct adapter harness that goes into the stock mb plug then yes. Just connect the corresponding leads on the adapter to the Alpine harness and voila. If your memory doesn't hold then you have mixed up the 12 volt switched power (what you want when you turn it on) with the "always live" wire that trickles power to maintain memory settings. I think I read somewhere in a thread here that if you are using the VW harness two wires are switched in it, I think it had to do with the 12v switched and the constant power.

Edit: BTW I worked at Best Buy in high school and I wouldn't let them touch my car for any reason ever. I saw so many cars go out of there that were totally eff'd.
    1998 C280(stock), 2000 Honda Prelude(project), 1996 Explorer(180k miles still truckin)

what's so bad about cutting wires...
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

Originally posted by expo5.0
    what's so bad about cutting wires...
    Nothing. If you want your stereo with a lot of connectors then cut your wires.

so you think the p.o.s. connectors that adapt from the factory to aftermarket head units are better than a soldered connection?
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

Originally posted by expo5.0
    so you think the p.o.s. connectors that adapt from the factory to aftermarket head units are better than a soldered connection?
    I would yes and safer.

that's ridiculous

have any sq competition credentials?

do you maybe work at best buy?
    fast C43
    G35x
    Tahoe

Since you know better why bother asking the question if you can't take any opinion.
    So be it..