Thread: Steering Wheel Swap???

Steering Wheel Swap???

I remember seeing a W202 a little while back with a W203 steering wheel. I was wondering if the MB steering wheel shafts are the same and that the electronics are what limit switching?

If so does anyone know if swaping the CLK black edition wheel would be possible. Maybe MbenzNL could figure this out.. I mean the C43 only has an airbag and horn to wire so maybe if the shaft is the same I could have just the air bag and horn wired and leave the audio and other controls alone. The wheels are available on ebay and are damn sick!!
    .....I drive sideways.....
    *98\'C43 Supercharged
    *H&R springs
    *Bilstien Shocks
    *Magnecore race wires
    *Phelonic intake spacers
    *Bosche Clears
    *Custom 3in stainless exhaust
    *Renntech Monolite 18\'s
    *Some other stupid stuff
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/nitrogenbalance/0801.07pics054.jpg

I was wondering if I can swap my steering wheel out for a C43 one?

Originally posted by 69chevelle
    I was wondering if I can swap my steering wheel out for a C43 one?
    Sure why not? They both from C-class.

Great, i am assuming it's a direct swap...I mean there won't be issues with the airbag or sensors?

Great, i am assuming it's a direct swap...I mean there won't be issues with the airbag or sensors?
    thats my exact worry, i really wanna change my sterring wheel and i dont want no aftermarket 3rd party shit i want MB, but its big $$$,oh one more thing whos gota crome star on their wheel cos mine is a brown colour?????

Originally posted by 69chevelle
    No there won't be any issue as far as I know. Air bag and horn that's it.