Thread: Authentic C36 exhaust tips

Authentic C36 exhaust tips

I want some of these for my 230. I looked for other AMG tips on ebay and they all seem to be Chinese imitations without actually SAYING they are not authentic. Where can one find AUTHENTIC AMG tips? My first choice would be ones from a C36, to make it proper (square ones), so if anybody has some let me know.

There are many brands that make square tips that look much better than the AMGs. Have you posted in the other MB forums? Maybe someone has chopped one of theirs off for a new muffler?

I personally have a Magnaflow exhaust which I love:

I've got the same magnaflow muffler you do, sensoryx. Do you find the drone annoying?

My parents have sworn to never sit in my car again because it is so damn loud. But when I drive alone, I really like it. What a trade-off.

i had a magnaflow muffler. It got annoying within my second day of driving... It was non stop droning when you drive in the 2-3k RPMs. When I roll the windows down, it is so damn loud its hard to hear. I don't know why its so loud. Took it off and sold it. Even my friend got a cheapo exhaust on his RSX and its not loud as the magnaflow. There no drone but the sound from the outside is loud.

Cheapo exhaust, no drone, loud as hell
    Magnaflow exhaust, drone, quiet
    IMO, the magnaflow sounds good but the loudness inside the car is not very MERCEDES BENZ.

I should have just went with an C36 exhaust or C43, but those are very costly. I regret buying the magnaflow when i could have put money into my suspension.
    1997 C280 Sport

Haha.. I'm starting to feel the same way.

Muffler - 140
    Install + Piping - 95
    Removal + Stock Muffler Install - 65

That's 300 that could have gone to my wheel fund. arrghhh..

But I somewhat still like the extra noise during hard acceleration. Oh don't forget the awesome mean sound when you first start the engine.

Will adding another resonator help quiet down the drone?

Re: Authentic C36 exhaust tips

Originally posted by Will_w202
    I want some of these for my 230. I looked for other AMG tips on ebay and they all seem to be Chinese imitations without actually SAYING they are not authentic. Where can one find AUTHENTIC AMG tips? My first choice would be ones from a C36, to make it proper (square ones), so if anybody has some let me know.
    Iv got some authentic AMG tips...from my brand new C36 muffler i chopped up for a curious looky...mmm what a waste hehe
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

I just bought a C36 exhaust tip and muffler from Ebay for $105. Try emailing that Potomac German auto junkyard in Fl to see if they got anymore.
    Sometimes on Craigslist.. someone will post one up for sale.

I may be the only one here... but I actually find the drone quite sexayy hahah
    Im very happy with my magnaflow, only thing that worried me was that it would sound like a civic cause my c220 is a 4 cycl, but it sounds great at acceleration

I actually think the stock AMG mufflers arnt loud enough :bunny:

23K, i still cant believe you cut it... you took it for the team. Pretty neat inside there i must say...

bless you sir...
    96 C36 ///AMG

23k, are you saying you have some for sale?

Re: ...

Originally posted by BALLLR
    23K, i still cant believe you cut it... you took it for the team. Pretty neat inside there i must say...

bless you sir...
    Cheers=),kinda wish i wasnt so curious it cost me sh!t loads...could have sold it locally=)

Will,
    Yeh i could ship them to you,iv shipped quite a few things to members,i will need to get a quote first.
    Can you PM me your address and i'll quote you a price.
    What do you guys think there worth?...there in good condition,no road damage at all.
    they where on the car for about 2000K's,and the muffler was new when i purchased it.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

This may sound stupid but, i found a set of tips for the W203's and they *look* like they would fit on the W202 stock exhaust.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMG-M...spagenameZWDVW

Anyone tried W203 tips on our W202's?
    1997 C280 Sport

Anyone tried W203 tips on our W202's? [/B][/QUOTE]

Those w203 tips on Ebay are bolt-ons...I saw some for a w202 one time and almost got em but I didn't want my mechanic to look under there and laugh!
    It's better to go with a complete exhaust tip and muffler combined..

try remus mufflers. killed the drone problem completely. closer to stock but louder and more sporty.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 69chevelle
    Anyone tried W203 tips on our W202's?

Those w203 tips on Ebay are bolt-ons...I saw some for a w202 one time and almost got em but I didn't want my mechanic to look under there and laugh!
    It's better to go with a complete exhaust tip and muffler combined.. [/B]
    agreeeee